85 year old woman dragged into lake by 11ft gator

Until someone takes up the problem of mass vaxxed 'coons, there is an answer to this gator problem, starting here.

Green Laser Underwater

So let me see. A woman who LIVES right at the lake taking the video and knows it is full of gators didn't bother to tell her friend not to walk within 2 feet of the water, even though you could see the gator coming.

There are no posted gator warning signs.

An 85 year old woman doesn't have sense to stay away from water in an area with gators. Nor does she apparently even think to watch out for them or opay attention to her surroundings.

Coming ashore, even the dog is oblivious and even after running from it, still doesn't even bark to warn the woman.

Of course, no one has a gun to shoot the gator.

Had the woman just stayed back 6 more feet from the waters edge, she'd likely be alive now.
The video says the residents actually NAMED the gator!! They KNEW it was there!! Gators are sneaky ambush predators. You won't hear or see 'em coming.

So let me see. A woman who LIVES right at the lake taking the video and knows it is full of gators didn't bother to tell her friend not to walk within 2 feet of the water, even though you could see the gator coming.

An 85 year old woman doesn't have sense to stay away from water in an area with gators. Nor does she apparently even think to watch out for them or opay attention to her surroundings.

Coming ashore, even the dog is oblivious and even after running from it, still doesn't even bark to warn the woman.

Had the woman just stayed back 6 more feet from the waters edge, she'd likely be alive now.

My thoughts when I saw the video.
Was she senile or have another type of mental illness ?
Surely she knew there were gators in the lake,and that she didnt see the gator coming is crazy.
I cant for the life of me understand why she was walking the dog right at the waters edge either.

My thoughts when I saw the video.
Was she senile or have another type of mental illness ?
Surely she knew there were gators in the lake,and that she didnt see the gator coming is crazy.
I cant for the life of me understand why she was walking the dog right at the waters edge either.

There were like a dozen in the lake but they usually leave people alone. What do these old fools think gators live on? Why would anyone carelessly walk right up to the waters edge with a little dog, and not even check the area looking far away for a long time until attacked?

There were like a dozen in the lake but they usually leave people alone. What do these old fools think gators live on? Why would anyone carelessly walk right up to the waters edge with a little dog, and not even check the area looking far away for a long time until attacked?

When I bring the dogs to our fishing lease I make damn sure they dont go near the water unless they're on a leash and I'm carrying the .45.

Yeah, and you can't see them either. Gators are known for lying submerged near the shore and picking off animals that come to drink too. They can also run very fast (11mph) for short distances on land. I would not be within 100 feet of the shore.

Solar panels will charge this laser fence, no problem in Florida. When walking with the dog, any "Nessie" coming within 50-100 ft. sets of an alarm. How many lines and how much per line?

Depends on length of lakeshore, depth and turbidity of the water, etc.

If a Cracker sets up a home-made fence, each laser pen can only transmit a certain distance, though should cost about $5 or less. There will be no fish long enough to trick the smart fence.

A six-foot gator swimming directly across the fence heading for the shore may require an x-y axis of beams spaced about two feet apart, 3 beams = 6 ft. length, 3 beams 6ft. depth.

Sensors and wiring, considered, the Cracker surmises that, if it's not a Yankee-infested pond, the human life is at least worth $50 to install the fence, another $150 for the re-charging solar panel, $300 to enclose and lock everything. Tack on another $100 for good measure, and the Cracker has a fence with which to start a new "Gatorbusters" company.

Yeah, and you can't see them either. Gators are known for lying submerged near the shore and picking off animals that come to drink too. They can also run very fast (11mph) for short distances on land. I would not be within 100 feet of the shore.

Any healthy adult can outrun a gator.
They only get their victims by surprize.
A buddy and I were fishing at Brazos Bend state park and I walked out on a two foot diameter log to get clear of the brush on the shore so I could cast without the brush interfering.
I stood there fishing for a good 20 minutes before looking down and seeing an 8 footer laying on the log where it submerged into the lake,it was no further than two foot from me.
I about jumped out of my skin!! All I could think was dont slip off the log as I high tailed it out of there.
Had been a 10 footer he'd of probably tried to get me.

So Henry should have been radio-tagged. Sensors on Henry's back could have alerted the woman if it came within 50' of the shore via her cellphone app or a speaker at the lake.

Radio tag and speaker costs, what, $100?

Crittercam

So Henry should have been radio-tagged. Sensors on Henry's back could have alerted the woman if it came within 50' of the shore via her cellphone app or a speaker at the lake.

Radio tag and speaker costs, what, $100?

Crittercam
Henry shoulda been made into shoes.

This happened at our club last year. This is a rare Florida saltwater crocodile. Endangered species. This club is along the intracoastal. That's the ocean. This crocodile decided to make a residence on the course and could not be removed.

This happened at our club last year. This is a rare Florida saltwater crocodile. Endangered species. This club is along the intracoastal. That's the ocean. This crocodile decided to make a residence on the course and could not be removed.

Where is this federal law documented? Palm Beach can afford the croc's tagging so it doesn't decide to wander into someone's back yard without setting off an alarm. Just where do Palm Beach authorities think the croc ends and someone else begins, especially an unknowing tourist?

Aw snap, that women just needed an AR-15...

Forum List

Back