🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

87% or 1.4 billion Muslims are NOT affected by the TEMPORARY TRAVEL BAN. Not much of a "MUSLIM BAN"

So it's your position that the countries of origin for hijackers who produced the worst terrorist attack in world history are NOT countries that are likely to host more attackers?

Said country has severely tightened down both its border security and how it keeps tabs on the more militant of its citizens, something the countries on the current list (made by Obama) are unable or unwilling to do.

LMAO!! Okay. You're not getting it. The terrorists didn't immigrate to those countries. They were BORN there.

No, you are the one that appears to be fighting the last war, as usual.

Fighting the last war? Guess where the San Bernardino shooters were from. Then tell me if Trump has a ban on that country.

Orlando shooting: Tell me where he was from, and whether we have a ban on that country.

It's not the past shooters that are an issue, its the ones in the future. and the countries on the list were identified by the OBAMA WHITE HOUSE as having serious issues.

This must be the first time in history that you think Obama was correct about anything. Except that Obama DIDN'T ban people from coming from those countries did he? He didn't overstep his authority and issue and unconstitutional EO based on religious prejudice. That would be Trump who just pissed off 1.8 billion Muslims.

That kind of karma comes back to bite you in the ass.

Oh and congratulations to Donnie on his botched SEAL raid. THAT sure didn't happen under Obama.

What kind of shit "MUSLIM BAN" is this when 87% of the world's Muslims are still free to enter the USA with PROPER PAPERWORK?

If 1.4 BILLION MUSLIMS can enter the USA, Trump doesn't know how to do a ban.
It's not a Muslim Ban, that's a bogus term. It is an overreactive and counter productive ban on citizens from 7 hostile countries. Basically it is a political posture tough guy move by Trump that wasn't completely thought through

Trump himself calls it a Muslim ban, however.
CXupPEKWcAAzbHT.jpg

He sucks at banning Muslims if 1.4 billion are still allowed to legally enter the USA.

Trump sucks at A LOT.

What do you think of the fact that he's giving preference to let back in Christian citizens of the banned countries? Still no "muslim ban" even though he's discriminating on the basis of those who identify as Muslims and he also called it a Muslim ban?

"Preference" and "priority" are not synonymous with "exempt" Trump is giving
PERSECUTED Christians first shot at getting vetted. What's wrong with that?

Tell us of the latest attack by Middle East Christian where they burned children and lopped off heads. Come on, tell us! Surely, that's why you're so worried about Christians!

Fighting the last war? Guess where the San Bernardino shooters were from. Then tell me if Trump has a ban on that country.

Orlando shooting: Tell me where he was from, and whether we have a ban on that country.

It's not the past shooters that are an issue, its the ones in the future. and the countries on the list were identified by the OBAMA WHITE HOUSE as having serious issues.
I thought the Obama White House was a disaster and full of incompetent losers who didn't know what the hell they were doing. How many times did Trump say that? Makes me laugh every time one of his surrogates use the "Obama" excuse to justify the countries they selected in the travel ban. You gotta see the irony, right?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
That doesn't justify or strengthen your argument. You can't call an administration completely incompetent then lean on their action to justify the current actions. Just own it and don't try and hide behind Obama... it's laughable

Where have I ever called Obama's administration incompetent? I didn't like his political views or goals, or his handling of various issues (actually most issues).

I would assume a proper Muslim Ban would yes, actually ban all Muslims.

Since this one doesn't, it isn't a Muslim Ban.

How does it feel not to believe any of what you are typing? Are you thinking of it humorously, or are you burying the emotions and guilt over it deep, deep down?

Following your pretzel logic, it is a Christian ban and a Jew ban since these religions exist in these countries. You're as nutty as a squirrel's turd.
What's the logic of Trumps tweet?

He's attempting a "gotcha" moment with Hillary. The fact you had to go back to January of 2016 for it is telling.
fair point. Jan 2016 Trump was talking about a Muslim Ban, which is probably where many of today's attacks are coming from. The current EO isn't a Muslim Ban, it is a travel and refugee Ban in high risk countries. It's understandable how this is all getting conflated

You have to treat his earlier and even later positions, posts, and tweets as the political neophyte he was/is. He is getting better at being "political" but you still get some doozies from time to time.

Said country has severely tightened down both its border security and how it keeps tabs on the more militant of its citizens, something the countries on the current list (made by Obama) are unable or unwilling to do.

LMAO!! Okay. You're not getting it. The terrorists didn't immigrate to those countries. They were BORN there.

This must be the first time in history that you think Obama was correct about anything. Except that Obama DIDN'T ban people from coming from those countries did he? He didn't overstep his authority and issue and unconstitutional EO based on religious prejudice. That would be Trump who just pissed off 1.8 billion Muslims.

Oh and congratulations to Donnie on his botched SEAL raid. THAT sure didn't happen under Obama.

"Except that Obama DIDN'T ban people from coming from those countries did he?"

Nope, but he did halt immigration from Iraq for 6 moths in 2011

"He didn't overstep his authority and issue and unconstitutional EO based on religious prejudice."

Please point applicable parts of the Constitution where the President "overstep his authority". "Applicable" being the keyword here.

How is the EO unconstitutional? where in the constitution does it give people the right to come into this country as they choose?

My issues with Obama have been many, but one area he was correct on was berating all the college snowflakes trying to ban opposing speech.

And a raid that killed multiple bad guys, unfortunately resulted in 1 American death is "botched"?

Stop taking about military things, it has already been shown you have no idea what you are talking about.

I thought the Obama White House was a disaster and full of incompetent losers who didn't know what the hell they were doing. How many times did Trump say that? Makes me laugh every time one of his surrogates use the "Obama" excuse to justify the countries they selected in the travel ban. You gotta see the irony, right?

That doesn't justify or strengthen your argument. You can't call an administration completely incompetent then lean on their action to justify the current actions. Just own it and don't try and hide behind Obama... it's laughable

Where have I ever called Obama's administration incompetent? I didn't like his political views or goals, or his handling of various issues (actually most issues).
I wasn't talking about you, i was talking about Trump and his surrogates. It was perhaps the biggest talking point during his campaign.

How does it feel not to believe any of what you are typing? Are you thinking of it humorously, or are you burying the emotions and guilt over it deep, deep down?

Following your pretzel logic, it is a Christian ban and a Jew ban since these religions exist in these countries. You're as nutty as a squirrel's turd.

He's attempting a "gotcha" moment with Hillary. The fact you had to go back to January of 2016 for it is telling.
fair point. Jan 2016 Trump was talking about a Muslim Ban, which is probably where many of today's attacks are coming from. The current EO isn't a Muslim Ban, it is a travel and refugee Ban in high risk countries. It's understandable how this is all getting conflated

You have to treat his earlier and even later positions, posts, and tweets as the political neophyte he was/is. He is getting better at being "political" but you still get some doozies from time to time.
Personally, I don't trust anything he says. It's a common problem in DC and our politics with many of our representatives. Unfortunately, the trust along with honesty and integrity with the Trump administration is continuing to spiral downwards with they way they act.

I wasn't talking about you, i was talking about Trump and his surrogates. It was perhaps the biggest talking point during his campaign.

Ok, so they took some framework left by Obama and "improved" on it. Why would that make it such a big deal calling them incompetent?

"(b) Upon the resumption of USRAP admissions, the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, is further directed to make changes, to the extent permitted by law, to prioritize refugee claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual’s country of nationality. Where necessary and appropriate, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security shall recommend legislation to the President that would assist with such prioritization."

PROTECTING the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States | U.S. Virtual Embassy Iran

Please point out where it says anybody is "exempted".

Personally, I don't trust anything he says. It's a common problem in DC and our politics with many of our representatives. Unfortunately, the trust along with honesty and integrity with the Trump administration is continuing to spiral downwards with they way they act.

So far he as at least attempted to follow through on almost everything he talked about during his campaign. Even politifact has to give hime "promise kept" or "in the works" on a ton of his campaign promises.

Regardless of your views on his position, or on his tendency to exaggerate just about everything, he follows through with what he promises, and he doesn't back down when challenged.

"Except that Obama DIDN'T ban people from coming from those countries did he?"

Nope, but he did halt immigration from Iraq for 6 moths in 2011

"He didn't overstep his authority and issue and unconstitutional EO based on religious prejudice."

Please point applicable parts of the Constitution where the President "overstep his authority". "Applicable" being the keyword here.

He didn't even "halt immigration" from Iraq, stupid.

Trump’s facile claim that his refugee policy is similar to Obama’s in 2011
Former Obama administration official Jon Finer denied that any ban in Iraqi refugee admissions was put in place under Obama. “While the flow of Iraqi refugees slowed significantly during the Obama administration’s review, refugees continued to be admitted to the United States during that time, and there was not a single month in which no Iraqis arrived here,” he wrote in Foreign Policy. “In other words, while there were delays in processing, there was no outright ban.”

What kind of shit "MUSLIM BAN" is this when 87% of the world's Muslims are still free to enter the USA with PROPER PAPERWORK?

It's not a "Muslim ban", but the rubes have to have a label they can fling around, so they make something up that sounds bad and throw it every chance they get.

So far he as at least attempted to follow through on almost everything he talked about during his campaign. Even politifact has to give hime "promise kept" or "in the works" on a ton of his campaign promises.

Regardless of your views on his position, or on his tendency to exaggerate just about everything, he follows through with what he promises, and he doesn't back down when challenged.

LMAO, please. The wall will be reimbursed? Uh-uh. Not what he said in the campaign, and it's not even what's going to be happen Any tarriffs or taxes will be paid by U.S. taxpayers.

It's not a "Muslim ban", but the rubes have to have a label they can fling around, so they make something up that sounds bad and throw it every chance they get.

Well then I guess Trump's a rube, because he called it a ban as well.

Ok, so they took some framework left by Obama and "improved" on it. Why would that make it such a big deal calling them incompetent?
There is just no point hiding behind Obama, given their insulting attacks and ZERO acknowledgement of smart or effective Foreign policy actions from his administration. It's obvious what they are trying to do, but it's counter productive. It's like saying Betty is the worst cook ever and then cooking a dinner using one of Betty's recipes and trying to gain credibility for its quality by citing that it is a Betty recipe. The IRONY is thick.

They would be better off keeping Obama name out of it and just justifying their decision for the reasons they made it.

Well then I guess Trump's a rube, because he called it a ban as well.
Who ever said he's right about everything? I would, however, like to see the quote where he called it a "ban on Muslims".

LMAO, please. The wall will be reimbursed? Uh-uh. Not what he said in the campaign, and it's not even what's going to be happen Any tarriffs or taxes will be paid by U.S. taxpayers.

It remains to be seen. Hell all he could even mandate that all seized drug $$ found coming or going to Mexico be detailed for the wall.

Considering that's the best you got as a response, and it means that the Wall would have been built, I wouldn't claim it as much of a victory. Hell, the wall's high end cost is 10-20 billion, which is what the Feds spend in TWO DAYS of normal operation.

There is just no point hiding behind Obama, given their insulting attacks and ZERO acknowledgement of smart or effective Foreign policy actions from his administration. It's obvious what they are trying to do, but it's counter productive. It's like saying Betty is the worst cook ever and then cooking a dinner using one of Betty's recipes and trying to gain credibility for its quality by citing that it is a Betty recipe. The IRONY is thick.

They would be better off keeping Obama name out of it and just justifying their decision for the reasons they made it.

When was the last time a current, new party administration has heaped praises on the previous, other party administration?

And in your example, one can say it isn't the Recipes', fault, Betty is just a shitty cook.

Agreed. He is following through with the things that he said during his campaign. That doesn't make him honest though, his campaign and now his presidency is littered with lies and manipulation.
To what ends is it justifiable to progress your agenda? It may be easy for you or his supporters to turn a blind eye because it progresses causes you support, but imagine if you didn't support an action, or feel it dangerous to your livelihood, how do you think you'd react to his methodology... Not good.

Forum List

Back