8th Grade Exam from 1912 Most College Students Today Would Fail

It’s right there. You’re the Dufus proclaiming people can just look it up on the internet instead of learning it in school.
People can look up facts. Why should they remember them except in a broad context. Knowing the population of a city in 1900 is not the same as knowing that the Civil War took place before the Indian wars and the Spanish American War, for example. The fact that people do not know that the Civil War started in April 1861 and ended in April 1865 is not as important.

People can look up facts. Why should they remember them except in a broad context. Knowing the population of a city in 1900 is not the same as knowing that the Civil War took place before the Indian wars and the Spanish American War, for example. The fact that people do not know that the Civil War started in April 1861 and ended in April 1865 is not as important.
Justifying dumbing down the masses.
What I expect from a public school teacher.

How is that dumbing down the masses? If I asked you what date man landed on the moon, could you tell me without Googling? I doubt it, unless you are a space nerd like me.
July 20, 1969.
I watched it with my grandma who survived the San Francisco earthquake, saw the first car in San Fran and heard the news of the Wright Brothers.

What’s your point, Dufus?

July 20, 1969.
I watched it with my grandma who survived the San Francisco earthquake, saw the first car in San Fran and heard the news of the Wright Brothers.

What’s your point, Dufus?
You Googled it, didn't you!

Even if you didn't, I could do this all day, until I came upon a common fact that you did not know and would have to look it up. That is the point. If that date is not important enough to remember, you simply won't. I am sure you could do the same for me.

You Googled it, didn't you!

Even if you didn't, I could do this all day, until I came upon a common fact that you did not know and would have to look it up. That is the point. If that date is not important enough to remember, you simply won't. I am sure you could do the same for me.
You’re desperate. I know more about the space program than you know about your nose.

And FYI - there’s things on Mars that I signed off on.

Forum List

Back