8th Grader arrested and suspended for wearing NRA T-Shirt to school

I actually feel sorry for this kid. His parents most likely are gun nuts and he is in training to be one too.

Let's suppose for a moment that the student had been an eighth grade girl wearing this shirt:

keep-abortion-legal-pro-choice-t-shirt-made-in-the-usa.american-apparel-juniors-fitted-tee.ash-white-stripe.w760h760.jpg

Would I be justified in saying, "I actually feel sorry for this kid. Her parents most likely are baby killers and she is in training to be one too."?
Or is only your right to freedom of expression protected by the 1st Amendment?

I don't think children should be making any kind of political statement in school, but that is just me.

Since when???? That's all school is today, they're not interested in teaching academics and make people think, they just teach some PC bs and make kids feel guilty for a variety of things.

Should we be exposing our children to politics at this age? Geez, just when I thought free and independent thinking was making a comeback.

Rules, even the stupid and dumb ones, must be obeyed.
I was ticketed for going 26 mph in a 15 mph zone at 11:30 pm one night just last week.
Stupid law but I am taking the punishment.
No cry babies. Who gives a shit about some kid wearing a T shirt?

The reactionaries here are just pounding sand is all.

The yell "liberal" then cry when they are appropriately labeled and rebuked.

The school district is properly handling the issue.

Now for all of you reactionaries who are yelling about public school. Yes, if you own property, you will help pay for it. Tough beans. If you don't like it, send your child to private school or home school. You will still pay for public school, anywy. Tough beans.

Let's suppose for a moment that the student had been an eighth grade girl wearing this shirt:

keep-abortion-legal-pro-choice-t-shirt-made-in-the-usa.american-apparel-juniors-fitted-tee.ash-white-stripe.w760h760.jpg

Would I be justified in saying, "I actually feel sorry for this kid. Her parents most likely are baby killers and she is in training to be one too."?
Or is only your right to freedom of expression protected by the 1st Amendment?

I don't think children should be making any kind of political statement in school, but that is just me.

Since when???? That's all school is today, they're not interested in teaching academics and make people think, they just teach some PC bs and make kids feel guilty for a variety of things.

It gets worse at college.

Ron Paul's and his followers' futures are merely of defeat.

I find it revealing that the libertarians are taking so long to find themselves another hero, other than Ron Paul, who can best be described as a part time loony, with moments of clarity. They are now gravitating to Rand Paul, who is sort of a pragmatic lonny; which is an improvment, of sorts. Unfortunately for the libertarians, he is also a loser.

Absolute bullshit.
Just shows how far the pc nanny state has progressed.
Time fire the teachers and administrators that are responsible for this.

Ron Paul's and his followers' futures are merely of defeat.

I find it revealing that the libertarians are taking so long to find themselves another hero, other than Ron Paul, who can best be described as a part time loony, with moments of clarity. They are now gravitating to Rand Paul, who is sort of a pragmatic lonny; which is an improvment, of sorts. Unfortunately for the libertarians, he is also a loser.

State-Run Education has become 'loony.' Homeschooling is a logical alternative. Parents will decide their childrens' futures.

"Parents will decide their childrens' futures."

Wow! That is REALLY a tragic state of affairs! Fortunately, I grew up at a time when children could decide their OWN futures!

My brother, who has a double masters degree in mechanical and electrical engineering, home schooled his son, who, at 30, is now considered one of the best employees at a Brake-O shop in Dallas...

Last edited:
"Parents will decide their childrens' futures."

Wow! That is REALLY a tragic state of affairs! Fortunately, I grew up at a time when children could decide their OWN futures!

My brother, who has a double masters degree in mechanical and electrical engineering, home schooled his son, who, at 30, is now considered one of the best employees at a Brake-O shop in Dallas...

State-Run Education is in rapid decline. Side with Freedom & Liberty. Homeschooling is set to take off.

Unfrikking believeable.

I would guess that a Teacher and School Administrator were Liberal Gun Grabbers and still butthurt over the Gungrabber bills losing in the Senate so they took their anger out on this young man.

8th grader gun T-shirt arrest: Arrest for NRA t-shirt has a father outraged - Jacksonville Top News | Examiner.com

New details on the 8th grader gun T-shirt arrest story have came in. Jared Marcum, an eighth grade student who attends Logan Middle School in West Virginia, has been arrested because he wore an NRA T-shirt. On April 19, Yahoo! revealed that the boy was suspended and is now facing charges for wearing the shirt to school which contained an image of a gun printed on it with the words "Protect Your Right."

After getting in a dispute with a teacher at the school, Marcum was arrested. He was shocked when he was arrested and he told WBOY that he didn't think there would be an issue.

“"I never thought it would go this far because honestly I don't see a problem with this. There shouldn't be a problem with this," Marcum said.

Jared's father Allen Lardieri is outraged at his 8th grade son's gun T-shirt arrest arrest and he told the local media,

“"I don't' see how anybody would have an issue with a hunting rifle and NRA put on a t-shirt, especially when policy doesn't forbid it," Lardieri said.

According to Logan Middle School, there policy regarding dress is as follows:

“"A student will not dress or groom in a manner that disrupts the educational process or is detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of others. A student will not dress in a manner that is distractive or indecent, to the extent that it interferes with the teaching and learning process, including wearing any apparel that displays or promotes any drug-, alcohol- or tobacco-related product that is prohibited in school buildings, on school grounds, in school-leased or owned vehicles, and at all school-affiliated functions."

The boy's father, Allen Lardieri, doesn't believe that the shirt violates the policy. He later said,

“"I will go to the ends of the earth, I will call people, I will write letters, I will do everything in the legal realm to make sure this does not happen again."

Jared Marcum was released, however the student is facing charges which include obstruction and disturbing the education process.

I wonder if the school allows those pro-gay T-Shirts?

A rainbow AR15. Let's make them crazy. :eusa_angel:

Unfrikking believeable.

I would guess that a Teacher and School Administrator were Liberal Gun Grabbers and still butthurt over the Gungrabber bills losing in the Senate so they took their anger out on this young man.

8th grader gun T-shirt arrest: Arrest for NRA t-shirt has a father outraged - Jacksonville Top News | Examiner.com

New details on the 8th grader gun T-shirt arrest story have came in. Jared Marcum, an eighth grade student who attends Logan Middle School in West Virginia, has been arrested because he wore an NRA T-shirt. On April 19, Yahoo! revealed that the boy was suspended and is now facing charges for wearing the shirt to school which contained an image of a gun printed on it with the words "Protect Your Right."

After getting in a dispute with a teacher at the school, Marcum was arrested. He was shocked when he was arrested and he told WBOY that he didn't think there would be an issue.

“"I never thought it would go this far because honestly I don't see a problem with this. There shouldn't be a problem with this," Marcum said.

Jared's father Allen Lardieri is outraged at his 8th grade son's gun T-shirt arrest arrest and he told the local media,

“"I don't' see how anybody would have an issue with a hunting rifle and NRA put on a t-shirt, especially when policy doesn't forbid it," Lardieri said.

According to Logan Middle School, there policy regarding dress is as follows:

“"A student will not dress or groom in a manner that disrupts the educational process or is detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of others. A student will not dress in a manner that is distractive or indecent, to the extent that it interferes with the teaching and learning process, including wearing any apparel that displays or promotes any drug-, alcohol- or tobacco-related product that is prohibited in school buildings, on school grounds, in school-leased or owned vehicles, and at all school-affiliated functions."

The boy's father, Allen Lardieri, doesn't believe that the shirt violates the policy. He later said,

“"I will go to the ends of the earth, I will call people, I will write letters, I will do everything in the legal realm to make sure this does not happen again."

Jared Marcum was released, however the student is facing charges which include obstruction and disturbing the education process.

I wonder if the school allows those pro-gay T-Shirts?

A rainbow AR15. Let's make them crazy. :eusa_angel:

article-0-153743B8000005DC-688_634x398.jpg

I knew this poor kid have to have a cuckoo parent!!!!

When Your Parents Are TEApublican Gun-Worshiping Idiots (Video)

A Logan County Ohio 8th grader named Jared Marcum was suspended, arrested and is now facing two charges — obstruction and disturbing the education process, for wearing a pro-NRA shirt featuring an assault weapon like the one used to slaughter 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary, to school.

WTRF7 News reported that Jared’s father, Allen Lardieri, wasn’t happy about leaving work early to pick up his son from jail.

Appearing in an interview by local news dressed up in his finest NRA gun-nut gear Allen Lardieri said, “I don’t see how anybody would have an issue with a hunting rifle and NRA put on a t-shirt, especially when policy doesn’t forbid it.”

Except that’s not a “hunting rifle” on the shirt; it’s a military-style assault-type weapon, which is only good for hunting people. This is a familiar semantic argument that TEApublicans try to use when claiming that their semi-auto assault weapons with military accessories and hi-capacity magazines are just like any other hunting rifle.

Lardieri went on to say that Jared didn’t become aggressive or violate any school policy, though Jared admitted that he refused to turn the shirt inside out, or put on a different one.

When Your Parents Are TEApublican Gun-Worshiping Idiots (Video) - Americans Against the Tea Party

If the child failed to follow orders from the administrators that threatened neither life nor life nor injury and that could be negotiated later in simple fashion, then the child was right to be turned around, handcuffed, and carted off to jail. Stupid kid. Stupid parents.

And, oh, to Ernie's question: shut up Ernie.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back