8th Grader arrested and suspended for wearing NRA T-Shirt to school

The child in question is too young to have an opinion on gun control, ask him how he feels about the right to bear arms, and I bet he channels the opinions of his father.

Funny, I most certainly had an opinion on gun control by then. (It's pretty much the same one I have now.)

"…the student is facing charges which include obstruction and disturbing the education process."

Disturbing the education process? What kind of nazi ass law is that?

It's what useless idiots like JakeTheFake cook up to make themselves feel powerful.

If fakey ever became dictator of the USA, spitting on the sidewalk would become a capital crime.

Sadly, he claims he did, in fact, breed.

Ernie S., the story is what it is. If your child acted out in our school district when I was superintendent, I would have backed my administrators and teachers having your child sequestered until you got there. If you got loud and belligerent with them, you would have been on the way down to the county jail for booking then on to the magistrate. We found putting unruly parents under insurance bond based on performance always took care of the problem.

In public, we have laws. That you don't like them does not mean a fuck in there being executed.

Act out, and see what happens.

You were never superintendent, dude...that was the voices in your head telling you that!

Doesn't matter that an empty head like you believes it or not : immaterial.

Having reviewed the libertarian and reactionary comments, I have to laugh at their silliness.

Guys, elect your own school board and pick your own superintendent.

Otherwise, you will comply. Period.

I tried to illustrate that in a previous post, Luddley.
Students have freedom of speech, period. They can, in the absence of a dress code preventing it, wear whatever message they want on their clothing, short the support of an illegal act.
Pro choice, gay rights, Alan Grayson for President, anti abortion, anti gay marriage or Alan West for President tee-shirts are protected, despite my feelings or yours.
It is not a teacher's job to promote an agenda. It is their job to teach a subject and promote individual thought, regardless of whether or not that thought is offensive to them personally.

So you see, The hypocrite is you, little man, as usual.

Nope.

I really don't have time to waste on this but you can start by reading the 1st amend. Look very carefully for the word "government". Second, as was pointed out earlier, the kid cannot yell "fire" in a theater (or school), third, read the rules, first sentence. he broke that rule. Fourth, the nra pushes violence in schools. Schools have the right to do whatever they must to keep violence out. Fifth, the kid was physical with the teacher and the teacher has the right AND DUTY to keep the peace, if for no other reason than the safety of the other kids and teachers. The school is private property and just like your home, they have the right to disallow any message they want without having to explain themselves. They put that fact in writing and the parent/kid agreed to it.

The real culprit here is the shitty parent who used his kid to push a violent agenda. Read the link. He did not take responsibility for his actions and neither did the kid.

Just be glad no one in that classroom had a gun with which to settle the altercation.

Have a nice day.

Are you LYING, are you ILLITERATE, or are you actually THIS FUCKING STUPID?!

All of the above.

You reactionaries and libertarians already know your kind don't run public schools: you are not allowed to do so.

Good day.

"…the student is facing charges which include obstruction and disturbing the education process."

It is a law of We the People, and if you think that is nazi, miss, you need to go visit parts of the former Yugoslavia.

Please find that law on the books.

Next thing you know kids will get arrested for farting in class.

It is a law of We the People, and if you think that is nazi, miss, you need to go visit parts of the former Yugoslavia.

The state leges allow the school boards to make rules and regulations in accordance with the law.

You don't like it? No one cares. Home school.

The state leges allow the school boards to make rules and regulations in accordance with the law.

A school rule is not a law. One does not get arrested for breaking a school rule.

Get it?

And I have never been happier not to have kids after I see what the fucking government is doing to them in the name of alleged education.

A school rule is not a law. One does not get arrested for breaking a school rule.

Get it?

And I have never been happier not to have kids after I see what the fucking government is doing to them in the name of alleged education.

Then your kids are not in the public school system, so no one really worries about what you think.

A school rule is back by the law. If a student gets belligerent or wont' comply with directions, then he is breaking the law, and the LEO steps in.

We are not going to have reactionaries or libertarians or lefties making their own rules of the road when they are interacting with the rest of society. They will comply like everyone else.

School tells you to remove a t-shirt.....you do it
You don't have first amendment rights on the school grounds. If you would rather create a scene, you get arrested

Get it?

Then your kids are not in the public school system, so no one really worries about what you think.

A school rule is back by the law. If a student gets belligerent or wont' comply with directions, then he is breaking the law, and the LEO steps in.

We are not going to have reactionaries or libertarians or lefties making their own rules of the road when they are interacting with the rest of society. They will comply like everyone else.

Wow you must have gone to public school.

What part of the line "And I have never been happier not to have kids"

Makes you think I have children.

And since I pay for public schools even though I don't have kids I have every right to voice my opinion.

If you don't like that then maybe we should make people with kids foot the entire bill for public schools.

School tells you to remove a t-shirt.....you do it
You don't have first amendment rights on the school grounds. If you would rather create a scene, you get arrested

When rules are arbitrary and capriciously enforced then there is no reason to follow them.

If you want to ban all T shirts with slogans and emblems that's fine but it has to be uniformly enforced.

Forum List

Back