A bit more of your merciful god.

You don't remember what we talked about yesterday? I said a human being wrote the story of Noah, after-the-fact. It was humans who reflected back on their own behavior. The person who wrote the story may have projected those feelings onto God as part of the setting.

A father figure to my rescue? Now that's funny.

Note the change that occurred after the flood. The second assessment was, Yes, people aren't all they can be, they don't live up to their potential, but they and their lives are worthy of forgiveness and still another chance. Once again, it was a person writing this story, who may have been projecting what people were thinking/saying onto God's thinking/words.

It may be just me, but I bet I am not the only one who strips away supernatural to study a more natural likelihood.
Did you not read what I wrote yesterday? A human wrote a story. That story reads more like a Steven King novel than a story meant to inspire.

I’m not clear what “a more natural likelihood” means. The story identifies a supernatural entity flooding the planet with a willful desire to kill off humanity. I can think of myriad ways to tell a story that imparts hope, self-confidence, psssion, etc.

A horror story is just not the first to come to mind to instill positivity.

You have not challenged me yet you atheist cock sucker..

I will eat you for lunch here and on a street corner and I don't need a fucking bible in my hand to quote not only the KJV , not only the NIV , not only the NLT .. I am that fucking knowledgeable
I challenge you to do it big mouth. Start now and destroy me. See how good you are now.

Isn't that convenient when Muslims believe the same about their religion.

Suddenly you elevated yourself to now being an expert on religion. Youre not. You only think you are.
Go fuck your self asshole. I have studied the bible almost 24/ 7 the past three fucking years.

Three years or so a doctor in South Carolina said I was dying.

So I threw everything away and wanted to find God.

I grab a pack back and told my 75 grand a year job to fuck off

I went to Wyoming and joined a Christian scholl

I went to Colorado and ran a ski lodge studying the bible

I went to Idaho and another Christian college.

Dude I am well versed in the bible and could destroy you. I have 20 full page note books as reference

I can think of myriad ways to tell a story that imparts hope, self-confidence, psssion, etc.
Then why can't you identify the hope, self-confidence, etc. in the story of Noah's Ark? Thus far, you still haven't identified Noah's strongest character trait. What did the author want us to know about Noah and how he lived?

Jesus was called Emanuel, God with us. He said, "If you have seen me you have seen the Father".
We watched science clone a sheep. The sheep was her mother, but a separate entity. The Trinity is nothing more than 3 aspects of God, in 3 different entities, in three different roles. Father, Redeemer, Power-pack. And they work in perfect harmony. :)
My entire problem with this is in genesis it says God created us in OUR own image

The Catholic church tried to end the debate in the Trinity.

If you look back in history it really could mean ..

You made the statement you could anything to me.
Not me.

Now you can't perform. Youre all piss and wind like all godbothering republicans.
Try me..

Give me one bible verse. Instead of revelations or Isaiah .. _ ( I never went full bore and studied those two books) but I dove hard in Ezekiel

Try me..

Give me one bible verse. Instead of revelations or Isaiah .. _ ( I never went full bore and studied those two books) but I dove hard in Ezekiel
I give you a bible verse and you'll prove me wrong????

Are you mad?

Try the reverse.

Are you mad?

Try the reverse.
Easy

Are you mad?

Try the reverse.
Easy...

1280x1280.jpg

Then why can't you identify the hope, self-confidence, etc. in the story of Noah's Ark? Thus far, you still haven't identified Noah's strongest character trait. What did the author want us to know about Noah and how he lived?
Oh, I don’t know. An angry, vindictive “father” killing his children is somehow not, you know, a hopeful message.

Oh, I don’t know. An angry, vindictive “father” killing his children is somehow not, you know, a hopeful message.
But it is one you are absolutely to stick with--despite the fact we keep trying to tell you that is not the story...it is the setting: A flood where people died.

Try harder. Move on. We have the setting. Go onto the main character--Noah. What traits set him apart? What is it about Noah's character that the author highlights?

You made the statement you could anything to me.
Not me.

Now you can't perform. Youre all piss and wind like all godbothering republicans.
Still dont want to fucking try me?

I am an atheist worse nightmare. I don't take no shit and can destroy you.

But it is one you are absolutely to stick with--despite the fact we keep trying to tell you that is not the story...it is the setting: A flood where people died.

Try harder. Move on. We have the setting. Go onto the main character--Noah. What traits set him apart? What is it about Noah's character that the author highlights?

Not just “a flood where people died”. A willful, malevolent act that slaughtered possibly millions of people.

Try to reconcile what happened. Per the fable, Noah knew what was going to happen and never took a principled stand, never protested or expressed any moral outrage. Being strong in the face of a sociopathic bully would have shown character.

Unknown to me why anyone would cheer such a person a Noah, He was largely an accessory.

Really strange, the heroes of yours.

never protested or expressed any moral outrage.
This is a great step. Noah is silent. Does the author have him saying anything to anyone before the flood? While in the ark, even?

Isn't Noah silent throughout--about everything?

My entire problem with this is in genesis it says God created us in OUR own image

The Catholic church tried to end the debate in the Trinity.

If you look back in history it really could mean ..

He was speaking to the angels. He was always surrounded by them. And Jesus was there. They came before we did. We were still in the planning stage when He said that. We didn't have an image yet. Heaven was excited about this new venture and new creatures.

And we are made in His image, ( He's not referring to what we look like in these clay exteriors), but in every emotion that we have. God has the same ones in the Bible. And He had them 1st.
Even in spirit form we still resemble what we looked like in life. We are recognizable. The rich man recognized Abraham.

We even look like Him without our clay suits. (Which we will reclaim at a certain point, all glorified and ageless.)
God's eternal, so He made the angels eternal, and He made His children eternal.

Last edited:
Still dont want to fucking try me?

I am an atheist worse nightmare. I don't take no shit and can destroy you.
You name any part of your bible and watch me destroy it. Come on big mouth. We'll see how good you are

The Galatians were a bunch of basically nomadic tribesman etc who wandered around looking for a home.
Paul the apostle finally Christianised them with this magical powers he possessed and suddenly they were making bold predictions like above.
How coincidental and convenient was that. And not a god in sight.

That aside, its ironic how you quote god sets you free from slavery etc when you worship a god who watches you 24/7, commands you obey his every word or you get punishment of eternal fire.
Throw in some sins etc but keep in mind, you have freedom under god. Really? Its called a celestial dictatorship in real terms.

Forum List

Back