A bit more of your merciful god.

I don't need to prove a negative.

You stated that everyone's knees will bend regardless of the will of the person.

But didn't your god grant free will to people?

If a god forces knees to bend then he is robbing people of free will.

And tell me does that apply to people who have had their knees replaced with mechanical parts?
Totally irrelevant. There will come a time when your free will is negated, that's why your opportunity is now.

I noticed the bible says that people can be sold into slavery and that a son that dishonors their parents are to be killed, which are both barbaric practices.
Those may have been habits among the Israelites - two barbaric practices among many. Up until Christ, of course. A new law; a new priesthood; a new temple, all the old being done away with in AD 70.

With Christ, the holy people were finally able to reconnect with God.

I have a different take on this, more in line with what Blues Man is saying. I believe one of God's traits is that He honors free will.

In Biblical times, bended knee describes being in the presence of someone greater and usually held in high esteem--or at least the position he holds is held in high esteem.

I am more of the mind that all those who come into God's presence will recognize a Being much greater than they are, and the love and regard He has for them will be reciprocated many times more than the love and regard they have for their most loved one on earth. They will radiate awe and reverence (bended knee).

On the other hand, those not in the presence of God will miss out on this. Note that Jesus never commanded Satan or demons to be on bended knee before him. He simply told them to depart. I think that is the choice before each one of us: The metaphorical bended knee (much better than an actual bended knee) or departure.

I am not claiming to be right--only presenting how I see it.

Then that would also mean that the rest of that verse is a metaphor. That every mouth shall confess.
I think it is explained in other verses.
It isn't out of force that every knee will bend, it is out of fidelity and homage at the magnitude of the glory and love they see in Him. And the confessing of the tongue is showing their loyalty and commitment. They are cheering.

By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.

And there will be peace...

Last edited:
We are still recovering from it

not in terms of antiquity ...

One of the earliest known humans is Homo habilis, or “handy man,” who lived about 2.4 million to 1.4 million years ago in Eastern and Southern Africa.Mar 5, 2020 ...

a&e set off on their journey ~ 2.3 million years ago ... the relevance of noah would certainly not have occurred in the last 15k years. whatever the claims of the desert religions. and the chronology leading from then to the 1st century.

a&e set off on their journey ~ 2.3 million years ago ... the relevance of noah would certainly not have occurred in the last 15k years. whatever the claims of the desert religions. and the chronology leading from then to the 1st century.
Not a fan of science?

I don't need to prove a negative.

You stated that everyone's knees will bend regardless of the will of the person.

But didn't your god grant free will to people?

If a god forces knees to bend then he is robbing people of free will.

And tell me does that apply to people who have had their knees replaced with mechanical parts?

If you were about to be shot to death and a man jumped in front of you and saved your life, would you appreciate him or would you treat him with indignation?

Your own free will, will endeavor to get those mechanical parts to bend when you realize it's all true.

The flood was in 2900 BC in the spring.

Nope, wasn't God. It is fallen man that is wicked and evil. You're way way off.
Not according to the first testament.
I know your precious book has some embarrassing features but don't deny it is the word of God and you wouldn't suggest your god is lying would you?

You cannot cherry pick the palatable bits. Its the book you base your life but now your questioning it's factual. Not a good look comrade. Little bit hypocritical.

I know your precious book has some embarrassing features but don't deny it is the word of God and you wouldn't suggest your god is lying would you?

You cannot cherry pick the palatable bits. Its the book you base your life but now your questioning it's factual. Not a good look comrade. Little bit hypocritical.

Im not questioning it. That would be you.

FB_IMG_1647722034120.jpg

Forum List

Back