🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A bit more of your merciful god.

Funny you see an afterlife as a "reward". As you proceeded through school, did you always see the next grade--or graduation--as a "reward"?

I said before, life continues after our bodies are shed. That is mere observation. Fact is not "reward". It simply is.

Religion has nothing to do with public schooling. I was never promised anything from the government if attended school it was forced upon me and after my mother died I skipped school as often as not.

And there is absolutely no one who has observed that life continues after the body dies.

That is a belief not based on observation or fact

That is a belief not based on observation or fact
In fact, my belief is based on observable fact. You have not seen this fact though others have. Because you have not seen, you choose not to believe the testimony of others.

Religion has nothing to do with public schooling.
(Shaking head) You are not so dense as to miss my point. One step follows another. The step from this life into the afterlife is not "reward". It is simply the next step.

In fact, my belief is based on observable fact. You have not seen this fact though others have. Because you have not seen, you choose not to believe the testimony of others.
OK so prove to me that some who has died is still existing somewhere.

No one has ever once observed that people continue to live after their body dies

(Shaking head) You are not so dense as to miss my point. One step follows another. The step from this life into the afterlife is not "reward". It is simply the next step.
I was never promised anything if i attended school.

There was never any guarantee of success, or advancement in society and there certainly was no promise of divine rewards.

I was compelled to attend school and like I said after my mother died I skipped school as often as I attended

And you say that as if our ancestors had no intelligence or wisdom. As was previously mentioned, God's ways are written in our hearts--as it was in their hearts. Were you expecting something new, entirely different to leap out?
Just a thought, but the hard-sell proselytizing tends to alienate a lot of people. To suggest that your god's ways are written into anyone's heart serves what purpose? There is no reason to accept that as anything more than someone trying to force their religious beliefs on others.

Did your gods reach agreement with the other gods to subdivide the planet into respective spheres of influence? Are you telling people in different parts of the planet that their religious beliefs are false and that your gods have written some message in their hearts in spite of those other gods?

In judges, chapter 11, jephthah made a deal with god if he was victorious over the Ammonites, he would sacrifice the first person to greet him on his return, by burning them alive.
He did indeed win and upon his return, was gleefully greeted by his daughter. Sadly the news was not goid. He cooked her a couple of months later to satisfy this ghost they believed in.
God never said a word apparently but when Abraham prepared his son to be barbecued as a sacrifice, at the very last minute, somehow Abraham got an email from God who suggested he spare him.

Its a shame your merciful god didn't show the same compassion for jephthats daughter as ge did for Isaac. This is the stuff you teach little kids.
How can you be part of such horrific and wicked teachings of your filthy god? Is that where you get your morals from?
Isn't it interesting that the atheist devotes so much time and effort to reading the Bible looking for things to complain about? There are Christians who don't spend that much time reading it, especially the Old Testament. You do realize, don't you, that the more you read the Word, the more opportunity God has to convict you of sin?

Not at all. What I'm exposing how none of you denounce it. Its disgraceful of a human being to not denounce it.
But no. Let's not say anything and no one will notice.

I know exactly how you base your life if you believe there's a god. You are a liar and a hypocrite.
You'll get sick of justifying your filthy bible before I stop exposing it.
You're a Biblical scholar? Who knew.

OK so prove to me that some who has died is still existing somewhere.
Have you not taken science? Here on this physical plane we are dealing with matter. We can create proofs by demonstrating matter behaves consistently if we insure all possible variables are kept out or kept constant.

We are discussing what takes place beyond matter, and for whatever reason(s) you cannot seem to make that leap. Your hypothesis is that without matter there is no existence. Prove that.

The Op is in full meltdown.

Seems someone hit a raw nerve ending on another thread. Lmao
Actually, this kind of meltdown is fairly standard when a hard-core atheist starts feeling conviction. They lash out because they don't want to change their views.

Isn't it interesting that the atheist devotes so much time and effort to reading the Bible looking for things to complain about? There are Christians who don't spend that much time reading it, especially the Old Testament. You do realize, don't you, that the more you read the Word, the more opportunity God has to convict you of sin?
It actually makes perfect sense for people who do not believe to read the Bible.

How else can you understand the arguments of those you disagree with?

Have you not taken science? Here on this physical plane we are dealing with matter. We can create proofs by demonstrating matter behaves consistently if we insure all possible variables are kept out or kept constant.

We are discussing what takes place beyond matter, and for whatever reason(s) you cannot seem to make that leap. Your hypothesis is that without matter there is no existence. Prove that.
Matter. An atom is not a person.

Just because a single carbon atom of your body still exists after you die in no way means you are still alive in any sense.

And I have , many times actually, said that the matter in your body is constantly recycled. But a single atom that was once in your body that is incorporated into a tree a million years after you die does not mean that the tree is the same as you were as a person

Youre dead right about that. Considering I'm an atheist and it is not a religion, it's you who are delusional.
I'm really under your skin. You can't stay away. Youre crusade from God is not getting traction

Keep going. I love taking mickey out of you.
Do you not realize that you are acting exactly like the most zealous of Evangelicals?

Just a thought, but the hard-sell proselytizing tends to alienate a lot of people. To suggest that your god's ways are written into anyone's heart serves what purpose? There is no reason to accept that as anything more than someone trying to force their religious beliefs on others.
If you saw the original post on this, you will note that we were discussing scripture. I noted that scripture says God's laws are written on everyone's heart.

The point is the exact opposite of "proselytizing". No one needs "religion" to enter the afterlife. No one needs "religion" to act ethically. I know this because I have lived with both atheists and people of faith all of my life.

It actually makes perfect sense for people who do not believe to read the Bible.

How else can you understand the arguments of those you disagree with?
The question then becomes, why do they bother to argue about it if they don't care? Obviously, they have moved from "live and let live, what you believe is your business, not mine" into evangelism.

Did your gods reach agreement with the other gods to subdivide the planet into respective spheres of influence? Are you telling people in different parts of the planet that their religious beliefs are false and that your gods have written some message in their hearts in spite of those other gods?
No, to all.

The Bible offers a thought to consider: God's law is written on everyone's heart. As someone who has taught evolution, I can also offer this thought: Through evolution, mankind's hearts have evolved to recognize the ways that help all of us survive. (No proselytizing there, either. They are both thoughts worthy of contemplation.)

The question then becomes, why do they bother to argue about it if they don't care? Obviously, they have moved from "live and let live, what you believe is your business, not mine" into evangelism.
The act of argument is a worthwhile pursuit.

People have argued about everything ever since we have been able to use language.

It's actually a good thing

If you saw the original post on this, you will note that we were discussing scripture. I noted that scripture says God's laws are written on everyone's heart.

The point is the exact opposite of "proselytizing". No one needs "religion" to enter the afterlife. No one needs "religion" to act ethically. I know this because I have lived with both atheists and people of faith all of my life.
Your gods are a unique set of gods. If there is anything written by any gods in my heart, why would you presume the writers are your gods and not some other gods?

The act of argument is a worthwhile pursuit.

People have argued about everything ever since we have been able to use language.

It's actually a good thing
Arguing implies a need to persuade, to evangelize if you will. Why are these hard-core atheists so determined to evangelize for their cause? Is it not enough to be secure in their beliefs and allow everyone to have their own?

No, to all.

The Bible offers a thought to consider: God's law is written on everyone's heart. As someone who has taught evolution, I can also offer this thought: Through evolution, mankind's hearts have evolved to recognize the ways that help all of us survive. (No proselytizing there, either. They are both thoughts worthy of contemplation.)
So, your god's laws are written on the hearts of those who worship different gods?

How is it you know that your gods have written anything on anyone's heart? That seems strange because cognitive processes / decision making is a function of the brain. How are messages from the gods written on the heart used by the brain?

Forum List

Back