A brave man in Ferguson

There is one point I'd like to make: I don't believe the "motives" are exactly the same for the lefties and righties who are appalled by what is taking place in Ferguson. Just think about it...
They are both concerned with lawlessness. One side us for it and the other side is against it.

You don't need to look at outcomes to see racism in America. I'll worry about outcomes when I know there's a reason other than racism that they are so varied. And I'll surprise you by telling you that they will be different and there's not much we can do about that, but that comes after we level the playing field and deal with racism here honestly, neither of which we've done yet.

That racism that you believe exists is nothing more than an assertion on your part. Give me specific concerns. Secondly, I'm not sure how you distinguish racism from people exercising their own choice of associations. How do you fix that racism without stomping even more on people's liberty?
You don't, nor do I give a damn. You don't like living around, near, or dealing with *******, too fucking bad.

And racism is in policing, housing, education, drug laws, government contracts, healthcare, and everything else in America. It's a racist nation, it always has been. Until that is dealt with, the lie that we are beyond all that is just that, a lie...

Don't you get it? PMH hates America...he is an Obabble drone.

Fine, don't. And it's not my bitterness, it's theirs, which you refuse to acknowledge even exists. For as long as you don't, the dance of demons continues...

Whose bitterness? The slaves? I have acknowledged that abomination and it was a stain on this country that was rectified by the death of hundred of thousands union soldiers who fought against it.
Whose bitterness? Those who are here because their ancestors were brought here in chains and treated as property. We could have lost a million men fighting that fight and it wouldn't change that fact, ever, a fact you'd rather not acknowledge that has tainted this country, a racist country, forever.

The colored man is lucky to have you fighting for them.

Ever notice it's the not-so-brave men honoring the brave men calling them such? "You're so brave, thanks for fighting my battles for me while I stay back here out of harm's way."

Or, "I support our troops" (from way the hell back here where it's safe.)

That racism that you believe exists is nothing more than an assertion on your part. Give me specific concerns. Secondly, I'm not sure how you distinguish racism from people exercising their own choice of associations. How do you fix that racism without stomping even more on people's liberty?
You don't, nor do I give a damn. You don't like living around, near, or dealing with *******, too fucking bad.

And racism is in policing, housing, education, drug laws, government contracts, healthcare, and everything else in America. It's a racist nation, it always has been. Until that is dealt with, the lie that we are beyond all that is just that, a lie...

The hell he does- but he's not blind or brainwashed....why hasn't this cop been arrested- there seem to be plenty of eyewitnesses...

The hell he does- but he's not blind or brainwashed....why hasn't this cop been arrested- there seem to be plenty of eyewitnesses...

Because there is an ongoing investigation that is currently moving at a slow pace because the police have to deal with rioting.

It seems the prudent move here would be wait till we have all the facts and protest after the wrong decision has been made rather than starting one before a decision has been made.

Scratch a leftist and reveal a totalitarian.

So we're back into the unequal outcomes game, just as I predicted.
No, that's not about outcomes, it's about demographics. When the drugs blacks use get you a longer prison sentence, that's racism. When redlining is outlawed but still obvious, that's racism. I'm not concerned if fewer blacks get degrees in math or even finish college, I'm concerned with how many meeting the college criteria actually got in? That's not an outcome, that's an Initial Condition, a view of whether the playing field is level or not. After that it is up to the individual to make of it what they can.

And I'm sorry that you find that laws that say you all have get along and deal with each other, like or not, totalitarian, but they aren't, they're necessary and they work so it is what it is.

Because there is an ongoing investigation that is currently moving at a slow pace because the police have to deal with rioting.

It seems the prudent move here would be wait till we have all the facts and protest after the wrong decision has been made rather than starting one before a decision has been made.
Well they have plenty of time on their hands right now, since their Johnny Get Your Gun playtime has been put back in the box where it belongs.

They'd lose all power like magic eh? Just whitey and ******* hugging in the streets and going out for beer and chips? Sure thing...

Why do you want to divide?
Want to divide? That division has been since they were brought here as property, in chains, which you still refuse to own up to, and to that being an issue to this very day...

Some Blacks were brought here in chains, and some of their descendents remained in chains for generations. However, those people are all dead and gone, along with the people who brought them here in chains and kept them enslaved.

Consequently, your concept that they were brought here in chains is pure bullshit, kept alive for left wing political goals.

Millions of immigrants arrived here with little, if anything, in their pockets. Many didn't speak the language. They suffered, but they moved on, and their descendents prospered. Over 80% of the descendents of slaves have moved on and prospered. Your excuse for bad behavior has no merit.

People, of any color, or ethnic background, that walk around with a chip on their shoulder, are always going to run into someone who will knock it off. That is life.

People, of any color, or ethnic background, that walk around with a chip on their shoulder, are always going to run into someone who will knock it off. That is life.
The one with a chip on his shoulder, is you.

And you can't about race in this country without talking about the racist acts of America, like slavery, and you are unwilling to do so, so no progress in race relations can be made.

So here we go, why we can't get past race. You believe all is forgiven because you weren't there personally, and it isn't but you reject that idea, which means, you aren't listening...

People can't get past race when they use it as an excuse, rather than pushing to overcome through aspiring on the efforts of personal achievement OVER color.
Overcome? You mean like overcome American racism? You can't move beyond what you refuse to deal with, and Americans refuse to deal with racism in this racist nation of ours. Your view is Pollyanna, at best. I'm all for people overcoming, I'm also all for people being honest about what stands in their way and other people being honest to acknowledge and deal with that as well.

Racism is real. A pat on the back isn't going to fix that.

You aren't part of the solution, you are a big share of the problem. There is little doubt that racism still exists, but it exists on such a low key, that it is not an impediment to anyone, of any color, or any ethnic background.

Soft racism is the main problem today, and you, and your ilk, are so deep into it that you cannot see out. Constant excuses for bad decisions and bad behavior. Why? Because none of you really believe that Black people are as smart and competent as White people. You really believe they cannot get ahead without your paternal support. You are a racist.

People can't get past race when they use it as an excuse, rather than pushing to overcome through aspiring on the efforts of personal achievement OVER color.
Overcome? You mean like overcome American racism? You can't move beyond what you refuse to deal with, and Americans refuse to deal with racism in this racist nation of ours. Your view is Pollyanna, at best. I'm all for people overcoming, I'm also all for people being honest about what stands in their way and other people being honest to acknowledge and deal with that as well.

You aren't part of the solution, you are a big share of the problem. There is little doubt that racism still exists, but it exists on such a low key, that it is not an impediment to anyone, of any color, or any ethnic background.

Soft racism is the main problem today, and you, and your ilk, are so deep into it that you cannot see out. Constant excuses for bad decisions and bad behavior. Why? Because none of you really believe that Black people are as smart and competent as White people. You really believe they cannot get ahead without your paternal support. You are a racist.
You have me confused with ShootSpeeders, the whitey GOP loyalist. He is tearing it up today on race.

And yes BTW, I am racist, all humans are.

So here we go, why we can't get past race. You believe all is forgiven because you weren't there personally, and it isn't but you reject that idea, which means, you aren't listening...

As long as people, such as yourself, see an incident and their first thought is towards the color of their skin ... there will never be equality and racism will always prove alive and well if only through your eyes. There is no need to look to racial slurs and segregation, that division is proven to do pretty well without it.

As long as people, such as yourself, see an incident and their first thought is towards the color of their skin ... there will never be equality and racism will always prove alive and well if only through your eyes. There is no need to look to racial slurs and segregation, that division is proven to do pretty well without it.

Skin color matters here, we're a racist nation, and that has nothing to do with my eyes except, unlike yours, they are open...

You have me confused with ShootSpeeders, the whitey GOP loyalist. He is tearing it up today on race.

I'm not. And you sure as heck don't speak for me.

You may not think that you are, you may not take overt actions because of race (you believe), but you take race into account all the day long, it is unavoidable. Humans are tribal, race is just one of the tribes. There is you, people who look and think and act like you, and there is the "other". They don't give the same treatment, just like people who don't believe they have a favorite child from two or more, and they always do, they just are loath to admit it most times.

You may not think that you are, you may not take overt actions because of race (you believe), but you take race into account all the day long, it is unavoidable

Racism:

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races:

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior:​

Awareness of race, taking account of race, is not racism. Interactions in one's life which intersect with race MUST BE MOTIVATED by the belief that one's race is superior in order to be classed as racism.

Forum List

Back