A brave man in Ferguson

Why do you want to divide?
Want to divide? That division has been since they were brought here as property, in chains, which you still refuse to own up to and to that being an issue to this very day...

Then let's remedy the wrong that was committed. We send them all back, not in chains, but in coach and we can even given them nice parting gifts. There, problem solved.

Exactly who is "them"? Be specific.

Whose bitterness? The slaves? I have acknowledged that abomination and it was a stain on this country that was rectified by the death of hundred of thousands union soldiers who fought against it.
Whose bitterness? Those who are here because their ancestors were brought here in chains and treated as property. We could have lost a million men fighting that fight and it wouldn't change that fact, ever, a fact you'd rather not acknowledge that has tainted this country, a racist country, forever.

The colored man is lucky to have you fighting for them.

"The colored man"....

Hmmmm, and Righties wonder when we remind that so many of them are racist asswipes.

Hmmmm.....

Want to divide? That division has been since they were brought here as property, in chains, which you still refuse to own up to and to that being an issue to this very day...

Then let's remedy the wrong that was committed. We send them all back, not in chains, but in coach and we can even given them nice parting gifts. There, problem solved.

There is no one who was brought here in chains currently alive so there is no one to send back

It's an open ended statement. We oppressed slaves, so those slaves we oppressed should be freed from their oppression and returned to their homeland. Oh, they're all dead? I guess that means their oppression has ended then.

Now, are there people in America who think that whites are oppressing them? Here's my response to them. If a cousin of mine is living in my house and I'm supporting that cousin and he begins bitching and moaning about me oppressing him and keeping him from achieving a remarkable career, etc. then I certainly don't want to stand in his way - I'll happily free him from the oppression he feels I'm directing at him by inviting him to leave my house.

I'm not oppressing blacks, neither is white society. I reject the accusation. I have no obligation to be guilty for something I'm not doing and I have no obligation to remedy a problem I don't believe exists, I have no obligation to agree that the problem exists, and I have no obligation to appease those who feel that they are oppressed. We're all free people. Just as I would help my cousin leave my home and help him set up in his own home, I'm happy to help blacks who feel that they are being oppressed by American society set themselves up in some new society where there is no white oppression, a society that they design and run for themselves. Do they want reparations? Sure, I'll go along with that. I think of it like alimony - they did help build the US so they're entitled to some of the social capital we have invested in society.

The point to these folks is clear - if you think that I'm oppressing you I don't want to sweet talk you into staying in such a dysfunctional relationship. I'll help you set up so that you lead a healthy life free of the oppression that you think I'm raining down on you. Here's a $100,000 check to help make a clean break.

I'm sure that you like this second explanation better than the first. Am I right?

Forum List

Back