A brief history of (Christian) God

It's adorable how onefour seems convinced that spewing a bunch of passages from a book that I clearly reject will magically convince me that I was all wrong, and get me to suddenly sing the praises of his imaginary god.

#6 Drowns the entire planet, save for one small family of very, very skilled ship builders

Gods purpose in creating this earth was to further his grand design of bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. It is his responsibility to create the earth and to place people on it and to take them off of it when it is their time to go. For his own purposes God caused the Flood to come upon the earth to destroy those who were wicked.

Moses 8:28-30
28 The earth was corrupt before God, and it was filled with violence.
29 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its way upon the earth.
30 And God said unto Noah: The end of all flesh is come before me, for the earth is filled with violence, and behold I will destroy all flesh from off the earth.

God saw that the earth had become corrupt and violent and that it was no longer a place where goodness could thrive. All this because God gave man free will so that he could become like God. So God decided to level the playing field again that goodness could thrive upon the earth. This wasn't done because God messed up but because he gave mankind freewill in order to become more like God. Mankind had the choice to choose between good and evil and unfortunately chose evil. But God's purpose in creating the earth was to give man the opportunity to become more like God. Thus God cleansed the earth and started over. In this way God again could afford man the chance to seek after eternal life without wicked men seeking after their lives.

Last edited:
#6 Drowns the entire planet, save for one small family of very, very skilled ship builders

Gods purpose in creating this earth was to further his grand design of bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. It is his responsibility to create the earth and to place people on it and to take them off of it when it is their time to go. For his own purposes God caused the Flood to come upon the earth to destroy those who were wicked.

Moses 8:28-30
28 The earth was corrupt before God, and it was filled with violence.
29 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its way upon the earth.
30 And God said unto Noah: The end of all flesh is come before me, for the earth is filled with violence, and behold I will destroy all flesh from off the earth.

God saw that the earth had become corrupt and violent and that it was no longer a place where goodness could thrive. All this because God gave man free will so that he could become like God. So God decided to level the playing field again that goodness could thrive upon the earth. This wasn't done because God messed up but because he gave mankind freewill in order to become more like God. Mankind had the choice to choose between good and evil and unfortunately chose evil. But God's purpose in creating the earth was to give man the opportunity to become more like God. Thus God cleansed the earth and started over. In this way God again could afford man the chance to seek after eternal life without wicked men seeking after their lives.
Again, an attempt to justify doing exactly what I claimed your book of myths said he did: n Drown the entire planet, save for one small family of very, vewry skilled ship builders.

Once again, thanks for confirming that I was dead on target.

#7 Repopulates the world through incest (Again, only Noah, his wife, his three kids, and their wives to procreate - you do the math)

See #3 or post #96. At the time incestual relationships did not bring about genetic abnormalities nor was it against the law. Only later when it would become a problem did God outlaw it.

#8 Surprised evil exists...again.

Surprise God still loves his children and gives them free will to become like him by allowing them to choose between good and evil.

#9 Send plagues, diseases, starvation, plagues, tsunamis, etc.

As a punishment for man's wickedness God at times has sent those things upon the earth.

Alma 42:16-22
16 Now, repentance could not come unto men except there were a punishment, which also was eternal as the life of the soul should be, affixed opposite to the plan of happiness, which was as eternal also as the life of the soul.
17 Now, how could a man repent except he should sin? How could he sin if there was no law? How could there be a law save there was a punishment?
18 Now, there was a punishment affixed, and a just law given, which brought remorse of conscience unto man.
19 Now, if there was no law given—if a man murdered he should die—would he be afraid he would die if he should murder?
20 And also, if there was no law given against sin men would not be afraid to sin.
21 And if there was no law given, if men sinned what could justice do, or mercy either, for they would have no claim upon the creature?
22 But there is a law given, and a punishment affixed, and a repentance granted; which repentance, mercy claimeth; otherwise, justice claimeth the creature and executeth the law, and the law inflicteth the punishment; if not so, the works of justice would be destroyed, and God would cease to be God.

Laws without punishments are of no effect. Nobody would respect the law if they were never to receive a punishment for disobeying it. God has always expressed that those who keep not his laws are subject to the punishment thereof. Thus it is man's choice to ignore or disbelieve them. But this does not make them of no affect.

#7 Repopulates the world through incest (Again, only Noah, his wife, his three kids, and their wives to procreate - you do the math)

See #3 or post #96. At the time incestual relationships did not bring about genetic abnormalities nor was it against the law. Only later when it would become a problem did God outlaw it.
So, again. Incest is cool with your God. Got it. You realise you are just making matters worse, right?

As a punishment for man's wickedness God at times has sent those things upon the earth.

16 Now, repentance could not come unto men except there were a punishment, which also was eternal as the life of the soul should be, affixed opposite to the plan of happiness, which was as eternal also as the life of the soul.
17 Now, how could a man repent except he should sin? How could he sin if there was no law? How could there be a law save there was a punishment?
18 Now, there was a punishment affixed, and a just law given, which brought remorse of conscience unto man.
19 Now, if there was no law given—if a man murdered he should die—would he be afraid he would die if he should murder?
20 And also, if there was no law given against sin men would not be afraid to sin.
21 And if there was no law given, if men sinned what could justice do, or mercy either, for they would have no claim upon the creature?
22 But there is a law given, and a punishment affixed, and a repentance granted; which repentance, mercy claimeth; otherwise, justice claimeth the creature and executeth the law, and the law inflicteth the punishment; if not so, the works of justice would be destroyed, and God would cease to be God.

Laws without punishments are of no effect. Nobody would respect the law if they were never to receive a punishment for disobeying it. God has always expressed that those who keep not his laws are subject to the punishment thereof. Thus it is man's choice to ignore or disbelieve them. But this does not make them of no affect.
Yes,,,for behaving in exactly the manner that he knew they would behave. That's like putting a cookie in front of a hungry kid, then slapping him for eating it. You may think that is perfectly justifiable. Most rational people don't.

#10 Still bewildered by the evil

God still allows mankind his free will to choose between right and wrong because he knows that man does not become a good being in and of himself by force. God holds to free will because it is the only way mankind can truly become good beings. And when man chooses evil or simply by virtue of the fact the principle of evil exists, some will blame God for it. God has always known that man would have his free will and that some would choose evil over good. That is the price of having goodness exist and freewill. Was God bewildered? Not even close. God knew that man in his imperfect state would make bad choices and prepared a way for them to overcome the bad by planning for the atonement before the foundation of the world.

1 Peter 1:18-21
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Yes,,,for behaving in exactly the manner that he knew they would behave. That's like putting a cookie in front of a hungry kid, then slapping him for eating it. You may think that is perfectly justifiable. Most rational people don't.

It is true that God knows the future. He knows what you will do with your free will. This however is not a hinderance upon free will. Man still chooses what he wishes to choose. God sets his laws and punishments and allows mankind to choose freely. He knows that some of us will not make the right choices. Does this mean that he should take away their free will and the law of goodness with its rewards and punishments? God simply has knowledge of how we will act according to our own free will. Mankind gets to live his life the way he chooses but also knows that there are punishments for breaking laws. He is still choosing to do as he pleases. Whether God has foreknowledge or not, the choice and outcome would be the same. In an eternity built upon the principles of righteousness, a righteous law must prevail or there would be chaos in heaven. I would say that it is not a desireable cookie to most. Most people are law abiding citizens.

It is true that God knows the future. He knows what you will do with your free will. This however is not a hinderance upon free will. Man still chooses what he wishes to choose. God sets his laws and punishments and allows mankind to choose freely. He knows that some of us will not make the right choices. Does this mean that he should take away their free will and the law of goodness with its rewards and punishments? God simply has knowledge of how we will act according to our own free will. Mankind gets to live his life the way he chooses but also knows that there are punishments for breaking laws. He is still choosing to do as he pleases. Whether God has foreknowledge or not, the choice and outcome would be the same. In an eternity built upon the principles of righteousness, a righteous law must prevail or there would be chaos in heaven. I would say that it is not a desireable cookie to most. Most people are law abiding citizens.
That's just it. The concept of free will is antithetical to your All-Knowing God. Because if He already knows what I am going to do, then it was pre-ordained. You can't have pre-ordained behaviour, and free will. It just doesn't work that way. so, Either I make my choices on my own, or they were already determined for me. Furthermore, what you are suggesting makes your God even more cruel. He knew from the day that I was born that I was going to be an atheist, and there was nothing that was going to change that. yet, your god, as you have imagined him to be, is going to punish "my soul for all eternity" for being exactly what he created me to be. Do you realise just how cruel, and malevolent that makes your God? Why would anyone willingly even choose to believe in, let alone worship, such a petty, vindictive, cruel deity?

You really aren't helping your case here, much. Just sayin...

#11 Blames Satan (whom he created).

Satan had his free will in heaven and chose to come out in open rebellion against the Father whom he knew existed and was full of glory, truth and righteousness. Satan proceeded to turn others away from God and eventually convinced 1/3 of all the hosts of heaven to follow after him. His whole plan was to take over the position of God by introducing a system of force. He reasoned that if he forced all the children of heaven to comply with all the commandments, that they would all be saved. But God knowing that force could never bring forth a truly good being, rejected Satan's plan. Satan then came out in open rebellion and there was war in heaven. Eventually one third of the hosts of heaven followed after him and they were cast out of heaven into the earth.

Revelation 12:1-4
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Revelation 12:7-11
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Moses 4:1-4
1 And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
2 But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
3 Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;
4 And he became Satan, yea, even the devil, the father of all lies, to deceive and to blind men, and to lead them captive at his will, even as many as would not hearken unto my voice.

2 Nephi 2:16-18
16 Wherefore, the Lord God gave unto man that he should act for himself. Wherefore, man could not act for himself save it should be that he was enticed by the one or the other.
17 And I, Lehi, according to the things which I have read, must needs suppose that an angel of God, according to that which is written, had fallen from heaven; wherefore, he became a devil, having sought that which was evil before God.
18 And because he had fallen from heaven, and had become miserable forever, he sought also the misery of all mankind. Wherefore, he said unto Eve, yea, even that old serpent, who is the devil, who is the father of all lies, wherefore he said: Partake of the forbidden fruit, and ye shall not die, but ye shall be as God, knowing good and evil.

God only entices man to do good on this earth. Satan entices man to evil. It was he who first introduced murder and secret combinations upon the earth:

Moses 5:12-59
12 And Adam and Eve blessed the name of God, and they made all things known unto their sons and their daughters.
13 And Satan came among them, saying: I am also a son of God; and he commanded them, saying: Believe it not; and they believed it not, and they loved Satan more than God. And men began from that time forth to be carnal, sensual, and devilish.
14 And the Lord God called upon men by the Holy Ghost everywhere and commanded them that they should repent;
15 And as many as believed in the Son, and repented of their sins, should be saved; and as many as believed not and repented not, should be damned; and the words went forth out of the mouth of God in a firm decree; wherefore they must be fulfilled.
16 And Adam and Eve, his wife, ceased not to call upon God. And Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bare Cain, and said: I have gotten a man from the Lord; wherefore he may not reject his words. But behold, Cain hearkened not, saying: Who is the Lord that I should know him?
17 And she again conceived and bare his brother Abel. And Abel hearkened unto the voice of the Lord. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
18 And Cain loved Satan more than God. And Satan commanded him, saying: Make an offering unto the Lord.
19 And in process of time it came to pass that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.
20 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock, and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel, and to his offering;
21 But unto Cain, and to his offering, he had not respect. Now Satan knew this, and it pleased him. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
22 And the Lord said unto Cain: Why art thou wroth? Why is thy countenance fallen?
23 If thou doest well, thou shalt be accepted. And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door, and Satan desireth to have thee; and except thou shalt hearken unto my commandments, I will deliver thee up, and it shall be unto thee according to his desire. And thou shalt rule over him;
24 For from this time forth thou shalt be the father of his lies; thou shalt be called Perdition; for thou wast also before the world.
25 And it shall be said in time to come—That these abominations were had from Cain; for he rejected the greater counsel which was had from God; and this is a cursing which I will put upon thee, except thou repent.
26 And Cain was wroth, and listened not any more to the voice of the Lord, neither to Abel, his brother, who walked in holiness before the Lord.
27 And Adam and his wife mourned before the Lord, because of Cain and his brethren.
28 And it came to pass that Cain took one of his brothers’ daughters to wife, and they loved Satan more than God.
29 And Satan said unto Cain: Swear unto me by thy throat, and if thou tell it thou shalt die; and swear thy brethren by their heads, and by the living God, that they tell it not; for if they tell it, they shall surely die; and this that thy father may not know it; and this day I will deliver thy brother Abel into thine hands.
30 And Satan sware unto Cain that he would do according to his commands. And all these things were done in secret.
31 And Cain said: Truly I am Mahan, the master of this great secret, that I may murder and get gain. Wherefore Cain was called Master Mahan, and he gloried in his wickedness.
32 And Cain went into the field, and Cain talked with Abel, his brother. And it came to pass that while they were in the field, Cain rose up against Abel, his brother, and slew him.
33 And Cain gloried in that which he had done, saying: I am free; surely the flocks of my brother falleth into my hands.
34 And the Lord said unto Cain: Where is Abel, thy brother? And he said: I know not. Am I my brother’s keeper?
35 And the Lord said: What hast thou done? The voice of thy brother’s blood cries unto me from the ground.
36 And now thou shalt be cursed from the earth which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand.
37 When thou tillest the ground it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength. A fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
38 And Cain said unto the Lord: Satan tempted me because of my brother’s flocks. And I was wroth also; for his offering thou didst accept and not mine; my punishment is greater than I can bear.
39 Behold thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the Lord, and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that he that findeth me will slay me, because of mine iniquities, for these things are not hid from the Lord.
40 And I the Lord said unto him: Whosoever slayeth thee, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And I the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
41 And Cain was shut out from the presence of the Lord, and with his wife and many of his brethren dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
42 And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bare Enoch, and he also begat many sons and daughters. And he builded a city, and he called the name of the city after the name of his son, Enoch.
43 And unto Enoch was born Irad, and other sons and daughters. And Irad begat Mahujael, and other sons and daughters. And Mahujael begat Methusael, and other sons and daughters. And Methusael begat Lamech.
44 And Lamech took unto himself two wives; the name of one being Adah, and the name of the other, Zillah.
45 And Adah bare Jabal; he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and they were keepers of cattle; and his brother’s name was Jubal, who was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.
46 And Zillah, she also bare Tubal Cain, an instructor of every artificer in brass and iron. And the sister of Tubal Cain was called Naamah.
47 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah: Hear my voice, ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech; for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.
48 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech shall be seventy and seven fold;
49 For Lamech having entered into a covenant with Satan, after the manner of Cain, wherein he became Master Mahan, master of that great secret which was administered unto Cain by Satan; and Irad, the son of Enoch, having known their secret, began to reveal it unto the sons of Adam;
50 Wherefore Lamech, being angry, slew him, not like unto Cain, his brother Abel, for the sake of getting gain, but he slew him for the oath’s sake.
51 For, from the days of Cain, there was a secret combination, and their works were in the dark, and they knew every man his brother.
52 Wherefore the Lord cursed Lamech, and his house, and all them that had covenanted with Satan; for they kept not the commandments of God, and it displeased God, and he ministered not unto them, and their works were abominations, and began to spread among all the sons of men. And it was among the sons of men.
53 And among the daughters of men these things were not spoken, because that Lamech had spoken the secret unto his wives, and they rebelled against him, and declared these things abroad, and had not compassion;
54 Wherefore Lamech was despised, and cast out, and came not among the sons of men, lest he should die.
55 And thus the works of darkness began to prevail among all the sons of men.
56 And God cursed the earth with a sore curse, and was angry with the wicked, with all the sons of men whom he had made;
57 For they would not hearken unto his voice, nor believe on his Only Begotten Son, even him whom he declared should come in the meridian of time, who was prepared from before the foundation of the world.
58 And thus the Gospel began to be preached, from the beginning, being declared by holy angels sent forth from the presence of God, and by his own voice, and by the gift of the Holy Ghost.
59 And thus all things were confirmed unto Adam, by an holy ordinance, and the Gospel preached, and a decree sent forth, that it should be in the world, until the end thereof; and thus it was. Amen.

From the beginning of time Satan has still sought to turn the children of God away from God that they may worship him.

Last edited:

Satan had his free will in heaven and chose to come out in open rebellion against the Father whom he knew existed and was full of glory, truth and righteousness. Satan proceeded to turn others away from God and eventually convinced 1/3 of all the hosts of heaven to follow after him. His whole plan was to take over the position of God by introducing a system of force. He reasoned that if he forced all the children of heaven to comply with all the commandments, that they would all be saved. But God knowing that force could never bring forth a truly good being, rejected Satan's plan. Satan then came out in open rebellion an there was war in heaven. Eventually one third of the hosts of heaven followed after him and they were cast out of heaven into the earth.

1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a womanclothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angelsfought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

1 And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
2 But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
3 Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;
4 And he became Satan, yea, even the devil, the father of all lies, to deceive and to blind men, and to lead them captive at his will, even as many as would not hearken unto my voice.

16 Wherefore, the Lord God gave unto man that he should act for himself. Wherefore, man could not act for himself save it should be that he was enticed by the one or the other.
17 And I, Lehi, according to the things which I have read, must needs suppose that an angel of God, according to that which is written, had fallen from heaven; wherefore, he became a devil, having sought that which was evil before God.
18 And because he had fallen from heaven, and had become miserable forever, he sought also the misery of all mankind. Wherefore, he said unto Eve, yea, even that old serpent, who is the devil, who is the father of all lies, wherefore he said: Partake of the forbidden fruit, and ye shall not die, but ye shall be as God, knowing good and evil.

God only entices man to do good on this earth. Satan entices man to evil. It was he who first introduced murder and secret combinations upon the earth:

12 And Adam and Eve blessed the name of God, and they made all things known unto their sons and their daughters.
13 And Satan came among them, saying: I am also a son of God; and he commanded them, saying: Believe it not; and they believed it not, and they loved Satan more than God. And men began from that time forth to be carnal, sensual, and devilish.
14 And the Lord God called upon men by the Holy Ghost everywhere and commanded them that they should repent;
15 And as many as believed in the Son, and repented of their sins, should be saved; and as many as believed not and repented not, should be damned; and the words went forth out of the mouth of God in a firm decree; wherefore they must be fulfilled.
16 And Adam and Eve, his wife, ceased not to call upon God. And Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bare Cain, and said: I have gotten a man from the Lord; wherefore he may not reject his words. But behold, Cain hearkened not, saying: Who is the Lord that I should know him?
17 And she again conceived and bare his brother Abel. And Abel hearkened unto the voice of the Lord. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
18 And Cain loved Satan more than God. And Satan commanded him, saying: Make an offering unto the Lord.
19 And in process of time it came to pass that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.
20 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock, and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel, and to his offering;
21 But unto Cain, and to his offering, he had not respect. Now Satan knew this, and it pleased him. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
22 And the Lord said unto Cain: Why art thou wroth? Why is thy countenance fallen?
23 If thou doest well, thou shalt be accepted. And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door, and Satan desireth to have thee; and except thou shalt hearken unto my commandments, I will deliver thee up, and it shall be unto thee according to his desire. And thou shalt rule over him;
24 For from this time forth thou shalt be the father of his lies; thou shalt be called Perdition; for thou wast also before the world.
25 And it shall be said in time to come—That these abominations were had from Cain; for he rejected the greater counsel which was had from God; and this is a cursing which I will put upon thee, except thou repent.
26 And Cain was wroth, and listened not any more to the voice of the Lord, neither to Abel, his brother, who walked in holiness before the Lord.
27 And Adam and his wife mourned before the Lord, because of Cain and his brethren.
28 And it came to pass that Cain took one of his brothers’ daughters to wife, and they loved Satan more than God.
29 And Satan said unto Cain: Swear unto me by thy throat, and if thou tell it thou shalt die; and swear thy brethren by their heads, and by the living God, that they tell it not; for if they tell it, they shall surely die; and this that thy father may not know it; and this day I will deliver thy brother Abel into thine hands.
30 And Satan sware unto Cain that he would do according to his commands. And all these things were done in secret.
31 And Cain said: Truly I am Mahan, the master of this great secret, that I may murder and get gain. Wherefore Cain was called Master Mahan, and he gloried in his wickedness.
32 And Cain went into the field, and Cain talked with Abel, his brother. And it came to pass that while they were in the field, Cain rose up against Abel, his brother, and slew him.
33 And Cain gloried in that which he had done, saying: I am free; surely the flocks of my brother falleth into my hands.
34 And the Lord said unto Cain: Where is Abel, thy brother? And he said: I know not. Am I my brother’s keeper?
35 And the Lord said: What hast thou done? The voice of thy brother’s blood cries unto me from the ground.
36 And now thou shalt be cursed from the earth which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand.
37 When thou tillest the ground it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength. A fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
38 And Cain said unto the Lord: Satan tempted me because of my brother’s flocks. And I was wroth also; for his offering thou didst accept and not mine; my punishment is greater than I can bear.
39 Behold thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the Lord, and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that he that findeth me will slay me, because of mine iniquities, for these things are not hid from the Lord.
40 And I the Lord said unto him: Whosoever slayeth thee, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And I the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
41 And Cain was shut out from the presence of the Lord, and with his wife and many of his brethren dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
42 And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bare Enoch, and he also begat many sons and daughters. And he builded a city, and he called the name of the city after the name of his son, Enoch.
43 And unto Enoch was born Irad, and other sons and daughters. And Irad begat Mahujael, and other sons and daughters. And Mahujael begat Methusael, and other sons and daughters. And Methusael begat Lamech.
44 And Lamech took unto himself two wives; the name of one being Adah, and the name of the other, Zillah.
45 And Adah bare Jabal; he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and they were keepers of cattle; and his brother’s name was Jubal, who was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.
46 And Zillah, she also bare Tubal Cain, an instructor of every artificer in brass and iron. And the sister of Tubal Cain was called Naamah.
47 And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah: Hear my voice, ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech; for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.
48 If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech shall be seventy and seven fold;
49 For Lamech having entered into a covenant with Satan, after the manner of Cain, wherein he became Master Mahan, master of that great secret which was administered unto Cain by Satan; and Irad, the son of Enoch, having known their secret, began to reveal it unto the sons of Adam;
50 Wherefore Lamech, being angry, slew him, not like unto Cain, his brother Abel, for the sake of getting gain, but he slew him for the oath’s sake.
51 For, from the days of Cain, there was a secret combination, and their works were in the dark, and they knew every man his brother.
52 Wherefore the Lord cursed Lamech, and his house, and all them that had covenanted with Satan; for they kept not the commandments of God, and it displeased God, and he ministered not unto them, and their works were abominations, and began to spread among all the sons of men. And it was among the sons of men.
53 And among the daughters of men these things were not spoken, because that Lamech had spoken the secret unto his wives, and they rebelled against him, and declared these things abroad, and had not compassion;
54 Wherefore Lamech was despised, and cast out, and came not among the sons of men, lest he should die.
56 And God cursed the earth with a sore curse, and was angry with the wicked, with all the sons of men whom he had made;
57 For they would not hearken unto his voice, nor believe on his Only Begotten Son, even him whom he declared should come in the meridian of time, who was prepared from before the foundation of the world.
58 And thus the Gospel began to be preached, from the beginning, being declared by holy angels sent forth from the presence of God, and by his own voice, and by the gift of the Holy Ghost.
59 And thus all things were confirmed unto Adam, by an holy ordinance, and the Gospel preached, and a decree sent forth, that it should be in the world, until the end thereof; and thus it was. Amen.

From the beginning of time Satan has still sought to turn the children of God away from God that they may worship him.
yes, yes. We all know. Christians have this nice, built in scapegoat. No Christian ever made a choice. You were just not strong enough to resist Satan's Temptation. The Devil made you do it. Sorry. Raeasonable, rational people prefer grown ups who man up, and take personal responsibility. "Yeah. I chose to be a dick. Forgive me?"

Satan had his free will in heaven and chose to come out in open rebellion against the Father whom he knew existed and was full of glory, truth and righteousness. Satan proceeded to turn others away from God and eventually convinced 1/3 of all the hosts of heaven to follow after him. His whole plan was to take over the position of God by introducing a system of force. He reasoned that if he forced all the children of heaven to comply with all the commandments, that they would all be saved. But God knowing that force could never bring forth a truly good being, rejected Satan's plan. Satan then came out in open rebellion an there was war in heaven. Eventually one third of the hosts of heaven followed after him and they were cast out of heaven into the earth.

1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a womanclothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angelsfought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

yes, yes. We all know. Christians have this nice, built in scapegoat. No Christian ever made a choice. You were just not strong enough to resist Satan's Temptation. The Devil made you do it. Sorry. Raeasonable, rational people prefer grown ups who man up, and take personal responsibility. "Yeah. I chose to be a dick. Forgive me?"

On the contrary, we all have the power to resist temptation. But we simply make mistakes and bad choices sometimes and go along with it. Should we be condemned at that moment or is it more merciful of God to give second, third, fourth, etc ... chances by allowing man to repent and change his ways and find forgiveness through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ?

On the contrary, we all have the power to resist temptation. But we simply make mistakes and bad choices sometimes and go along with it. Should we be condemned at that moment or is it more merciful of God to give second, third, fourth, etc ... chances by allowing man to repent and change his ways and find forgiveness through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ?
Why bother. Your God already knows who is, and isn't going to do that. So, why not just skip right to the punishing phase?

God still allows mankind his free will to choose between right and wrong because he knows that man does not become a good being in and of himself by force. God holds to free will because it is the only way mankind can truly become good beings. And when man chooses evil or simply by virtue of the fact the principle of evil exists, some will blame God for it. God has always known that man would have his free will and that some would choose evil over good. That is the price of having goodness exist and freewill. Was God bewildered? Not even close. God knew that man in his imperfect state would make bad choices and prepared a way for them to overcome the bad by planning for the atonement before the foundation of the world.

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Your god just makes no sense. Epicurus figured it out 2300 years ago:

If your god is willing to prevent evil, but not able
Then he is not omnipotent.

If he is not willing to prevent evil, but able
Then he is malevolent.

If he is willing, and able
From whence cometh evil?

If he is neither willing, nor able
Then why call him God?

Why bother. Your God already knows who is, and isn't going to do that. So, why not just skip right to the punishing phase?

It wouldn't be just and fair.

Then he is malevolent.

From whence cometh evil?

Then why call him God?

being Triumphant against evil is a minimal requirement for Admission to the Everlasting. or just perish when your time is up, life is a test for everyone where success is the only means for advancement.

Then he is malevolent.

From whence cometh evil?

Then why call him God?

In this world it is not God's intention to stamp out all evil but to allow man to choose freely between good and evil in order to test his character and judge him as to which kingdom he will inherit in the hereafter. This world is a testing ground for the characters of men. It is not malevolent to allow man to exercise his free will in order to test him to see if he will be one who should inherit the kingdom of God or some other kingdom. He also give man opportunity to repent of his evil ways. This life is a temporary life. It is a mortal life. It is a testing ground and a schooling ground to find out who will be willing to live a celestial law in the eternity to come. The test goes on until the world again becomes like it was in the days of Noah. He then will cleanse the earth by fire and 1000 years of peace will reign upon the earth before it becomes a celestial sphere.

Forum List

Back