A Brief Lesson on Tariffs

Tariffs are taxes. People who want higher tariffs want higher taxes.

Tariffs help the government pick winners and losers in the economy. People who want higher tariffs want the government to help pick winners and losers in the economy.

Liberals want higher taxes and to have the government help pick winners and losers in the economy.

Conservatives want lower taxes and have the government stay out of the economy.

Ergo, people who support higher tariffs are liberals and not conservatives.

This is why conservatives like Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher and Milton Friedman opposed tariffs.
Trump opposes tariffs too.
He recommended to the G7 that we get rid of all tariffs. Otherwise he's tariffing those who tariff us.

Why the hell are solar panels manufactured abroad? The dirty little secret is that solar panels are so toxic to manufacture that "green" companies import them and get to pretend that they are friends of the environment.

Wind farms kill endangered eagles, electric car batteries are toxic beyond belief, none of these facts pull the left off msg GREEN GREEN. Out here on the left coast these morons foamed at the mouth about how paper grocery bags were killing trees. So they outlawed them and polluted the planet with like 10 trillion plastic grocery bags. After decades of plastic bag damage now they are back to paper grocery bags.
And Coal and Pollution KILLS PEOPLE

Coal kills people can you back up your wild claim?
I suppose you think there is no proof of tobacco being hazardous to your health either.

Why the hell are solar panels manufactured abroad? The dirty little secret is that solar panels are so toxic to manufacture that "green" companies import them and get to pretend that they are friends of the environment.

Wind farms kill endangered eagles, electric car batteries are toxic beyond belief, none of these facts pull the left off msg GREEN GREEN. Out here on the left coast these morons foamed at the mouth about how paper grocery bags were killing trees. So they outlawed them and polluted the planet with like 10 trillion plastic grocery bags. After decades of plastic bag damage now they are back to paper grocery bags.

I suppose you think there is no proof of tobacco being hazardous to your health either.

Coal is recycled plants it doesn't get any greener than that!

Tobacco IS a plant.

Tobacco IS a plant.

I'm fine with burning tobacco for power generation, happy? You libs and your attempts to deflect. :auiqs.jpg:

Tariffs help the government pick winners and losers in the economy. People who want higher tariffs want the government to help pick winners and losers in the economy.

Liberals want higher taxes and to have the government help pick winners and losers in the economy.

This is why conservatives like Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher and Milton Friedman opposed tariffs.
Trump opposes tariffs too.
He recommended to the G7 that we get rid of all tariffs. Otherwise he's tariffing those who tariff us.
He opposes so strongly that he created more...

Tobacco IS a plant.

I'm fine with burning tobacco for power generation, happy? You libs and your attempts to deflect. :auiqs.jpg:
You're good at proving yourself an idiot. Congrats.

Tobacco IS a plant.

You're good at proving yourself an idiot. Congrats.

Liberal play book page 1 ^^^. Anything else? You libs are funny!

If we look waaaaay back in the past, all the way to February 2016, lefties were very supportive of this:

February 22, 2016. President Barack Obama promised Monday to increase American resistance to the dumping of cheap Chinese steel, blamed for costing 12,000 workers their jobs, 2,000 in Minnesota. But ending Chinese steel imports will not happen, Obama told Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Monday. “What is possible is making sure everyone is playing on a level playing field and that people are operating fairly,” the president said. “And, frankly, I don’t think it is any secret that China in the past has not acted fairly.

Obama pledges to fight China steel dumping

Also C-SPAN Video

You lefties are fucking hypocrites.
And Trump and his cronies are the people who instigated buying product from overseas

in 1964 96% of all clothing worn by Americans was made in the USA...today only 4% IS

Moreove Trump in all his building projects...USED CHINESE,KOREAN AND JAPANESE STEEL...AND USED UNER PAID ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT WORKERS...putting hard working Americans OUT OF A JOB...Amricano YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON

What THAT has to do anything with my post you replied to?
Plenty BOZO

Let me try again, retard.

What percentage clothing worn in 1964 has to do with Obama's pledge to stop China steel dumping and Trump's tariffs on steel and aluminum? How materials used by Trump that he bought on open market as businessman has to do with tariffs he's imposing as President?

Please explain "plenty".

They aren't buying from us because we don't have extremely cheap labor. You can't honestly think it is all about tariffs? That is funny.

Gladly:
Lessons from the 2002 Bush Steel Tariffs - Tax Foundation

The effects of higher steel prices, largely a result of the steel tariffs, led to a loss of nearly 200,000 jobs in the steel-consuming sector, a loss larger than the total employment of 187,500 in the steel-producing sector at the time. The study warns:

In making policy for the revitalization of manufacturing, including the steel industry, our conclusions suggest that the effects across the full industrial spectrum should be considered. The lessons of the impact of higher steel costs should counsel a good deal of caution when import barriers are considered.

Can you explain what this means?

"They aren't buying from us because we don't have extremely cheap labor."
Are you that simple? They have really low labor costs, so their products are really cheap. Notice where China is:

cmp_2013_chart_1.jpeg

What that has to do with what you said? Every answer you give is pure crap.

You said: "They aren't buying from us because we don't have extremely cheap labor."

We're not selling them labor, we sell the product. If you're saying our product is more expensive because our labor cost more, than why they put tariffs if our product can't sell regardless?

That's where you wrong, since our product, even with "higher" cost of labor (according to your chart, that's not true), is still competitive on their markets. Germany, along with most of Western Europe has higher manufacturing labor cost, and they can afford to buy our product, so why don't they?

Tariffs. They're protecting their manufacturing so we don't sell. Until Trump that was OK, well it's not anymore, since he's leveling the playing field and treating them the same way they're treating us.

Of course, no reply from leftie.
Not Left or Right...Just a bit brighter than you BOZO

Your answers say everything about your brightness.

After reading your posts I've decided I am strongly in favor of abortion in cases of incest.

And weren't they a pack of Community Destroyers

If we look waaaaay back in the past, all the way to February 2016, lefties were very supportive of this:

February 22, 2016. President Barack Obama promised Monday to increase American resistance to the dumping of cheap Chinese steel, blamed for costing 12,000 workers their jobs, 2,000 in Minnesota. But ending Chinese steel imports will not happen, Obama told Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Monday. “What is possible is making sure everyone is playing on a level playing field and that people are operating fairly,” the president said. “And, frankly, I don’t think it is any secret that China in the past has not acted fairly.

Also C-SPAN Video

And Trump and his cronies are the people who instigated buying product from overseas

in 1964 96% of all clothing worn by Americans was made in the USA...today only 4% IS

Moreove Trump in all his building projects...USED CHINESE,KOREAN AND JAPANESE STEEL...AND USED UNER PAID ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT WORKERS...putting hard working Americans OUT OF A JOB...Amricano YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON

Plenty BOZO

What percentage clothing worn in 1964 has to do with Obama's pledge to stop China steel dumping and Trump's tariffs on steel and aluminum? How materials used by Trump that he bought on open market as businessman has to do with tariffs he's imposing as President?

Please explain "plenty".

What a hypocrite YOU and YOUR Dumb Ass President are
Look Dick,I was explaining how America had outsourced its industry to overseas manufacturing,but you Americans WHINGE all the time...Yeah Trump wants to tariff overseas made good...you bloody Bozo..it was you that wanted this in the first place...because you are scabs and only want cheap rubbish.like Trump..YOU DON'T SUPPORT AMERICAN INDUSTRY because you are too tight fisted,but amazingly YOU BELIEVE YOU SUPPORT US INDUSTRY.....what a clown you are.

Also C-SPAN Video

Plenty BOZO

Please explain "plenty".

Look Dick,I was explaining how America had outsourced its industry to overseas manufacturing,but you Americans WHINGE all the time...Yeah Trump wants to tariff overseas made good...you bloody Bozo..it was you that wanted this in the first place...because you are scabs and only want cheap rubbish.like Trump..YOU DON'T SUPPORT AMERICAN INDUSTRY because you are too tight fisted,but amazingly YOU BELIEVE YOU SUPPORT US INDUSTRY.....what a clown you are.

Sorry retard, that still has nothing to do with my first post you replied to.

DUH

Plenty BOZO

Please explain "plenty".

DUH

Can you explain what this means?

"They aren't buying from us because we don't have extremely cheap labor."
Are you that simple? They have really low labor costs, so their products are really cheap. Notice where China is:

cmp_2013_chart_1.jpeg

What that has to do with what you said? Every answer you give is pure crap.

You said: "They aren't buying from us because we don't have extremely cheap labor."

We're not selling them labor, we sell the product. If you're saying our product is more expensive because our labor cost more, than why they put tariffs if our product can't sell regardless?

That's where you wrong, since our product, even with "higher" cost of labor (according to your chart, that's not true), is still competitive on their markets. Germany, along with most of Western Europe has higher manufacturing labor cost, and they can afford to buy our product, so why don't they?

Tariffs. They're protecting their manufacturing so we don't sell. Until Trump that was OK, well it's not anymore, since he's leveling the playing field and treating them the same way they're treating us.

Of course, no reply from leftie.
Not Left or Right...Just a bit brighter than you BOZO

Your answers say everything about your brightness.

After reading your posts I've decided I am strongly in favor of abortion in cases of incest.
Goodness,what a Moron U R

Also C-SPAN Video

Plenty BOZO

Please explain "plenty".
DUH

Tobacco IS a plant.
Great Retort xyz,steve...the Guy is a Peanut

Plenty BOZO

Please explain "plenty".

DUH

Exactly. Nothing on topic.

Plenty BOZO

Please explain "plenty".

DUH

Exactly. Nothing on topic.
Look Americano...just be happy and healthy...steve

Forum List

Back