🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A call for mass exodus from public schools

Private and homeschooled kids fair far better on standardized tests than public school kids. There is that. Need I mention the better discipline, far less violence and drugs? Public schools are indoctrination centers. Free thought is not accepted nor encouraged. If a child dares to challenge the theory of AGW, for example, their sources and any information they could provide to support their case is quickly dismissed.

The Party and its agenda above all. This continues throughout college, which is exactly why we see generations of sheep who vote for people like Biden. Sorry, to break the news, but you may just be one of the victims.

With 11% of kids now homeschooled, I'm guessing that great homeschool pool is about to be seriously diluted. Many people going into it now just because they are sick of quarantines/masking/etc. I do not blame them for this and I am equally fed up, but this does not a great homeschooling situation make, necessarily.

Will you knock off the bullshit? My schools had entire complexes in the school to teach agriculture classes. Many elementary schools have their own gardens.
And yet we have entire states like California who can't even teach the kids basics like reading and math, forcing kids to sit through this woke shit that does them no good.

With 11% of kids now homeschooled, I'm guessing that great homeschool pool is about to be seriously diluted. Many people going into it now just because they are sick of quarantines/masking/etc. I do not blame them for this and I am equally fed up, but this does not a great homeschooling situation make, necessarily.

I don' think homeschooling is the ultimate answer. Too many are incapable and/or do not have the time to devote to this endeavor. I am actually ok with the premise of public schools, meaning providing free education, but my issue is that schools and the teacher's union have become far too political and they have strayed from their primary objective. There is virtually no discipline as compared to when I or my parents were in school. There is also very little at home evidently and that is a societal problem. If my parents got a call from the school I knew I was in BIG trouble and there would be consequences. I am not sure that is the case any longer for most kids.

I don' think homeschooling is the ultimate answer. Too many are incapable and/or do not have the time to devote to this endeavor. I am actually ok with the premise of public schools, meaning providing free education, but my issue is that schools and the teacher's union have become far too political and they have strayed from their primary objective. There is virtually no discipline as compared to when I or my parents were in school. There is also very little at home evidently and that is a societal problem. If my parents got a call from the school I knew I was in BIG trouble and there would be consequences. I am not sure that is the case any longer for most kids.

K.

How are you going to fix it.

How are you going to fix the problem that families are largely broken, kids often come to school not even toilet trained, let alone ready to learn, so kindergarten teachers are teaching basic social skills, never mind letters and numbers. And then when they call home there is zero back up. That is IF they can get anyone to answer.

How do you fix that?

Any ideas?

yours is the exception not the norm,,

Public schools are not a monolith. Not even close. There is much diversity even in my district, from elementary school to elementary school. Different cool programs like a community farm to access, etc. It continually amazes me that conservatives think "the schools" are some big monolith. No. Some are abysmal and should just be razed. Others are exceptional.

Yeah. Okay.

No, I mean that. Okay.

I work in a very good upscale suburban school. Even so, a few weeks ago I had a room clear for three days running. For kindergarten students who threw things around my room and/or got violent with other children.

We are in such a crisis with behavior that we have to call the "Crisis Intervention Team" multiple times a day because we have children running out of the building into the street, throwing things, attacking other students and staff.

So okay. I don't know what you think will become of these kids. But this will become your problem to solve. So, you solve it.
Starts with the home and the parents.

Well Sue I'm thankful there are teachers like you still fighting to educate our kids. The vast majority of critics here are armchair quarterbacks who truly believe that kids today just come into school, act perfectly, and just sit and absorb everything. We shall wait on them to fix all the behavior issues.
"who truly believe that kids today just come into school, act perfectly, and just sit and absorb everything".....who's claiming that?

Most of this is about discipline. We have eliminated it in an extreme feminist prog women controlled western world who controls all else as authoritarians. The unelected law enforcements in all ways enforces this and many other ways of the growing shadow on the land.
So....how do you think discipline should operate in public schools?

Private and homeschooled kids fair far better on standardized tests than public school kids. There is that. Need I mention the better discipline, far less violence and drugs? Public schools are indoctrination centers. Free thought is not accepted nor encouraged. If a child dares to challenge the theory of AGW, for example, their sources and any information they could provide to support their case is quickly dismissed.

The Party and its agenda above all. This continues throughout college, which is exactly why we see generations of sheep who vote for people like Biden. Sorry, to break the news, but you may just be one of the victims.
Give public schools the right to choose their students like private schools do.

If only all those on the Right who are experts on what is wrong in public schools would step up, become teachers, and become part of the solution.............................................:heehee:
Please don't try to convince us that you are so stupid that you don't know how fruitless it would be for conservative teachers to try to teach conservative values in today's "educational" environment.

Once the Marxist Democrat politicians see this occurring, they will direct the DOJ to take the children out of their homes and ensure they get the appropriate Marxist indoctrination.
The DOJ has no enforcement capability. Are they going to send lawyers in tactical gear to remove these kids? Garland is as useless as tits on a boar hog. What you propose can only be done by the states, and there are far too many red states for that to happen.

I live in an extremely red state but because the last GOP governor was a complete moron who threated teacher retirements that WE contributed to from our own paychecks. Our current governor spends his days getting smacked around by the state legislature and our attorney general.

Forum List

Back