🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A call for mass exodus from public schools

You are a very tiresome moron when it come to the topic of education. The teachers on this message board, not just me, continuous correct your idiocy, but you refuse to learn that you are NOT the center of the fucking universe. I know that is a shock for you to realize, but you best change your attitude before someone with the proper motivation whips your canary ass because you have an alligator mouth!
Oh, we have an internet bad ass here folks....

The problem I see to date with teachers like you is that you think that YOU are the only path to an education...a narcissistic viewpoint that is the current reason for the education system being rated 48th in the world...Not too good a job there Mousslini....

Glad you retired becasue your O'reiley method of debate shows what kind of bloated ego you have, and as a result you have no use for those of us that actually employed you....Jerk.

If only all those on the Right who are experts on what is wrong in public schools would step up, become teachers, and become part of the solution.............................................:heehee:
/——/ We send our kids to private school. The biggest problem with public schools is the Teachers Union, and merely becoming a teacher won’t solve anything.
BTW, do you go work in every industry you don’t approve of to make it better?

The problem I see to date with teachers like you is that you think that YOU are the only path to an education...a narcissistic viewpoint that is the current reason for the education system being rated 48th in the world...Not too good a job there Mousslini....

Glad you retired becasue your O'reiley method of debate shows what kind of bloated ego you have, and as a result you have no use for those of us that actually employed you....Jerk.

Great job on that post! No link for your assertion that the US is ranked 48th in the world! Where did you glean that information? You misspelled the words Mussolini, because, and O'Reilly.

Why do you think I believe that teachers are the only path to education? That's a big assumption of your part! I never said anything like that.

Did you live in my school district or even state? Unless you did, you didn't employ me.

Were you one of my principals because you suck at evaluations?

You know what really sucked? I intended to teach another 10 years, but even my meager salary was too much for these small districts where I taught. Why pay me my salary with 20 years experience when you can get two hot recent college graduates to replace me? In one of my districts, 3 years after I was gone, every teacher hired to replace me had quit before completing a year! I also had a governor who was actively working to restructure our retirement benefits after the contract existed between teachers and the state. I could not afford to lose it, so I took my money and ran.

You’re the school marm who thinks teachers should be off limits and free to teach the kids anything you choose

You can't defend your position so you put words in people's mouths.

Right, because your position is indefensible.

I know...it's easier for parents to think of schools as a baby sitting service, isn't it?

We can talk all day about how people THINK the wrong things. Great.

What are we going TO. DO. with all the kids in terrible home situations? Whose parents will not enroll them in private schools with no busing, let alone drive them there daily? Who will not homeschool?

Great job on that post! No link for your assertion that the US is ranked 48th in the world! Where did you glean that information? You misspelled the words Mussolini, because, and O'Reilly.

Why do you think I believe that teachers are the only path to education? That's a big assumption of your part! I never said anything like that.

Did you live in my school district or even state? Unless you did, you didn't employ me.

You know what really sucked? I intended to teach another 10 years, but even my meager salary was too much for these small districts where I taught. Why pay me my salary with 20 years experience when you can get two hot recent college graduates to replace me? In one of my districts, 3 years after I was gone, every teacher hired to replace me had quit before completing a year! I also had a governor who was actively working to restructure our retirement benefits after the contract existed between teachers and the state. I could not afford to lose it, so I took my money and ran.
Oh poor, poor you....You know in my time in here I have rarely replied to your postings. Some that I have I agreed with your thoughts, others I thought in reading them that you were a self absorbed Jerk that thought he was better than everyone else here...Not a great player to have in the sand box...

And all I can say, is that the total sum of your thoughts are steeped in bleating, instead of listening and discussing...For a teacher that isn't good...

You retired? good...Congrats...But, as a father of two, and now a soon to be grandfather, I want an education for my grandchild, NOT an agenda...Which is what you seem to want to bring to the table...

So, using a quote from one of your posts, spelling counts but usage must not. Pedantry is fun, isn't it?

"You are a very tiresome moron when it come to the topic of education. The teachers on this message board, not just me, continuous correct your idiocy, but you refuse to learn that you are NOT the center of the fucking universe. I know that is a shock for you to realize, but you best change your attitude before someone with the proper motivation whips your canary ass because you have an alligator mouth!"

/——/ We send our kids to private school. The biggest problem with public schools is the Teachers Union, and merely becoming a teacher won’t solve anything.
BTW, do you go work in every industry you don’t approve of to make it better?

Some private schools are great and some are frankly terrible. All private schools are not great just by virtue of them being private. We have students leave for private schools--and we have plenty of students come to our public school from private because they had a terrible experience.

You are a very tiresome moron when it come to the topic of education. The teachers on this message board, not just me, continuous correct your idiocy, but you refuse to learn that you are NOT the center of the fucking universe. I know that is a shock for you to realize, but you best change your attitude before someone with the proper motivation whips your canary ass because you have an alligator mouth!
youre the one claiming to be all knowing,,

I was just speaking of whats happening in my area,,

fwiw there are many factors going into the fact that our students do poorly--one of which is that we don't hire the brightest and best to teach. We just don't and that's statistics. However we don't pay them brightest and best wages for the work teachers do either, and yes, this DESPITE "summers off". I believe SC is a low-paying teacher state. The truth is if you want high-skilled, highly intelligent people in the classroom you must pay them. If you don't you will get what you have.

What does where you live have to do with your experience as a teacher or administrator who REALLY knows what happens in schools?

I happen to teach in the state right next door to you. I thought the Missouri schools outside St. Louis were very good. Is that true or are you personally just a bad example?
I wasnt speaking as a teacher dumbass,,
I as a student and parent I watched as a school dedicated to the industrial arts and home ec for the whole kc school district was closed as was all the class's in the schools for it,,
and only a few schools teach gardening or anything related to agriculture,,

Oh poor, poor you....You know in my time in here I have rarely replied to your postings. Some that I have I agreed with your thoughts, others I thought in reading them that you were a self absorbed Jerk that thought he was better than everyone else here...Not a great player to have in the sand box...

And all I can say, is that the total sum of your thoughts are steeped in bleating, instead of listening and discussing...For a teacher that isn't good...

You retired? good...Congrats...But, as a father of two, and now a soon to be grandfather, I want an education for my grandchild, NOT an agenda...Which is what you seem to want to bring to the table...

Good fucking grief! Did you come up with all this bullshit yourself or plagiarize it?

As a math teacher, I was a damned good one, but I had a colleague who taught AP Calculus who put Jaime Escalante to the task. None of his students ever failed the AP test. As a history teacher, there was no comparison, as I taught every grade from 6th to 12th. Yes, that is conceited but I had many principals reflect that in my evaluations.

On this message board, I believe that I am the only who also served as an administrator. That experience counts a great deal in these discussions because most teachers do not have that type of career.

I am glad that you are concerned about your grandchild's education. I have a total of 4 kids in three different school systems in two states. My own children were educated in schools or districts where I taught. They didn't turn out so badly. In fact, my daughter-in-law was one of my students when she was in the 10th grade, later fell in love and married my son. She breezed through college as did my youngest daughter.

I don't have an agenda, I think you are just throwing out the biggest words in a limited vocabulary, unable to tell the truth. Your opinion means nothing to me, just as it should. You are an unqualified know-nothing.

I wasnt speaking as a teacher dumbass,,
I as a student and parent I watched as a school dedicated to the industrial arts and home ec for the whole kc school district was closed as was all the class's in the schools for it,,
and only a few schools teach gardening or anything related to agriculture,,
Blame you own fucking school board you incredibly stupid poser! I am sorry you district chose to that because those classes are invaluable.

Teachers had NOTHING to do with that decision, I guarantee.

These programs suffer because parents are all about little Johnny or Suzie going to college. They demand concentration on topics that will get their kids in college for a degree. That's all they care about.

My oldest daughter is an EMT, assistant manager of a retail store, and mother of two. My son was an oil well driller until he got hurt. They both attended some college and were excelling at both before life got in the way. My youngest had the advantage of an excellent high school education, earning a 4-year Army ROTC scholarship and now is the commander of an air assault transportation company as a Captain in the Army. She is the only one who has a degree in biology and that is totally unrelated to her Army career.

Just because your little corner of the world sucks, don't assume the same for the rest of us.

Forum List

Back