🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A call for mass exodus from public schools

j-mac, you are a huge turd stuck halfway out of some syphilitic'' asshole.

Qualified? Where did you get your degree in education? Are you certified to teach elementary, middle and high school students in multiple subjects? Are you a qualified and experienced school administrator? Do have the slightest idea how public schools are financed?

About 99.99% of all parents are rank amateurs when it comes to knowing anything about education except their putrid experience in getting an education for themselves. That's why most parents are assholes. They know nothing about schools except their own education one or two decades removed.
🤣 We were still your boss…asshole…

🤣 We were still your boss…asshole…

Well, frankly, this is the problem and the breakdown.

Imagine trying to teach a classroom of just 25 children, and all 50 of their parents think they're your boss. Because their taxes pay your salary. Sounds good from your vantage point; I know you love it. Now come in and do it from ours for just one week. You've got the parents who want their children "challenged" and want two hours of homework a night. They pay your salary. You got the parents who never want their children looked at sideways bc their kids are 'sensitive'. They pay your salary. You got the parents who don't "believe" in homework, the parents who want their kids paddled, the parents who don't believe in discipline.

They all pay your salary.

You in? For 50K a year? You in?

Well, frankly, this is the problem and the breakdown.

Imagine trying to teach a classroom of just 25 children, and all 50 of their parents think they're your boss. Because their taxes pay your salary. Sounds good from your vantage point; I know you love it. Now come in and do it from ours for just one week. You've got the parents who want their children "challenged" and want two hours of homework a night. They pay your salary. You got the parents who never want their children looked at sideways bc their kids are 'sensitive'. They pay your salary. You got the parents who don't "believe" in homework, the parents who want their kids paddled, the parents who don't believe in discipline.

They all pay your salary.

You in? For 50K a year? You in?
Never said it wasn’t a tough job Sue…see when I was involved, I tried to work with the teachers, take their recommendations, and help in the classroom when I could. Every once and a while I’d come across an asshole like Tory there, and my feeling is that those teachers were more destructive to the process than helpful. I’m sure you’ve run across them too…They’re smarter than everyone else, more education than everyone else, and know more than me, you, or the administration. They’re a cancer.

Never said it wasn’t a tough job Sue…see when I was involved, I tried to work with the teachers, take their recommendations, and help in the classroom when I could. Every once and a while I’d come across an asshole like Tory there, and my feeling is that those teachers were more destructive to the process than helpful. I’m sure you’ve run across them too…They’re smarter than everyone else, more education than everyone else, and know more than me, you, or the administration. They’re a cancer.

I contend that two things have ruined our society and schools are not immune:

"The customer is always right"

And

"We want to hear from you"

1. No, sometimes the customer is an idiot. There are parents that want teachers--I am not making this up--to rifle through their children's bowel movements for different reasons. Swallowed coins, medical issues. Right. Read that again. No. If this is required KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME AND YOU DO IT. I am not required, nor are any of my colleagues, to go through your child's poop. No.

2. We don't want to hear from you. No, if you request is, "will you keep this poop catcher in the bathroom and if my child poops at school will you go through it," do not even think about saying this. Really, we don't want to hear this from you.

Try to imagine, if you dare, 70s moms asking teachers to go through their children's poop. And yet, here we are.

And

1. No, sometimes the customer is an idiot. There are parents that want teachers--I am not making this up--to rifle through their children's bowel movements for different reasons. Swallowed coins, medical issues. Right. Read that again. No. If this is required KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME AND YOU DO IT. I am not required, nor are any of my colleagues, to go through your child's poop. No.

2. We don't want to hear from you. No, if you request is, "will you keep this poop catcher in the bathroom and if my child poops at school will you go through it," do not even think about saying this. Really, we don't want to hear this from you.

Try to imagine, if you dare, 70s moms asking teachers to go through their children's poop. And yet, here we are.

I am replying to my own post because I would love to highlight for all my fellow conservatives who like to think that parents are always the ones with valor:

Here you go.

And I have heard this more than once, by the way.

Yes.

Now, if outlandish parents ask THIS, guess what kind of requests we get on the daily? Look around, everyone. You think American parents are a walk in the park? Ha

K.

How are you going to fix it.

How are you going to fix the problem that families are largely broken, kids often come to school not even toilet trained, let alone ready to learn, so kindergarten teachers are teaching basic social skills, never mind letters and numbers. And then when they call home there is zero back up. That is IF they can get anyone to answer.

How do you fix that?

Any ideas?

We can start by dismantling the Board of Education and the teacher's union.

And

That’s ridiculous…but I am concerned with your phrase “We don‘t want to hear from you.”

Not talking about gross stuff like bowel movements, but do you feel that way generally speaking?

That’s ridiculous…but I am concerned with your phrase “We don‘t want to hear from you.”

Not talking about gross stuff like bowel movements, but do you feel that way generally speaking?

Not at all. Most parents are at least reasonable. But the "customer service" mentality that we adopted as a society--not just in education, everywhere--has the wrongheaded mentality that we must entertain every notion that comes in the door, and give it a hearing.

So teachers have the bad habit of sometimes highlighting the "crazy parents" and they are out there. But so then do conservatives have a habit of highlighting the crazy teachers and now, this has become a BLM/cops situation. It now cannot be undone; the public schools are going down. Okay. But you are also losing teachers like the ones I know, who picked up disadvantaged students on Saturdays to take to the park with their own children, or who took kids to the dollar store to pick out toys, because they would never have that chance otherwise.

So be it, the system has to burn down and so it shall. The good with the bad, all together. That's how we do it these days. *shrug*

We need cameras in the classroom
Yup, gotta support Big Brother when it fits your narrative.
Whose gonna pay for all these cameras.......terrible idea.

And then we need school choice

You already have school choice.
You don't like your public funded school, then homeschool (your choice), MOVE to a different community (your choice) or send them to Private School (your choice on YOUR fucking Dime.)

You do NOT have the Right to a FREE PRIVATE education.
Pay for it yourself, the TAX dollars are for public education.

Conservative ideals alone won't fix anything. Teachers should have some kind of protection from crazy parents. Protect local unions

Conservative ideals alone won't fix anything. Teachers should have some kind of protection from crazy parents. Protect local unions
Parents have every right to be involved and to voice their concerns.

I'm not saying they shouldn't voice concerns. I believe teachers should have some protections.

no people don't, not at all. you're truly confused. See they take my taxes for public schools only. not private, That's where I want my tax dollars to go. So explain it for me.
So explain it for me.
Are you ready?

Your taxes also go to local fire and law enforcement, not PRIVATE fire or law enforcement.

Is this true or not? You asked for an explanation, so answer the question.

That's where I want my tax dollars to go.

Doesn't. work that way.
Do you want your LOCAL fire and Law Enforcement tax dollars going to a different community?

That is what you are asking for.
Problem is, you don't understand.

So explain it for me.
Are you ready?

Your taxes also go to local fire and law enforcement, not PRIVATE fire or law enforcement.

What would happen if you marched into your local fire house, pointed at everyone there, and declared yourself their boss? How about if you ordered them to fight fires differently? And then the next boss marched in with different orders?

Forum List

Back