🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Challenge to Liberals/Progressives

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
On this forum, you seem to spend all of your time either attacking Republicans or defending Democrats. What I almost never hear are your own policy proposals (or even objective analysis of existing policy). So this is my challenge: Rather than reflexively supporting every action that Obama takes, how about stating what actions YOU think should be taken in the future? Are you up to this task?

Raise taxes, cut spending, grow the economy, reform the tax code, forget Iran, fix the infrastructure, get off of oil, come home, shut the fuck up, and clean your own damn house for once.

On this forum, you seem to spend all of your time either attacking Republicans or defending Democrats. What I almost never hear are your own policy proposals (or even objective analysis of existing policy). So this is my challenge: Rather than reflexively supporting every action that Obama takes, how about stating what actions YOU think should be taken in the future? Are you up to this task?

your only challenge is not to be a RW partisan hack. You begin with labels. When politicians work for the good of the people and idiots from both sides work together FOR the people, the policies/actions you are asking for will come to pass, and not until.

Needless partisanship is killing the country slowly but surely.

There are very few actual liberals in this forum.

There are knee-jerk anti-right wingers, those who play noting but identity politics and ultra-conformist practitioners of political correctness, but very few liberals.

Raise taxes, cut spending, grow the economy, reform the tax code, forget Iran, fix the infrastructure, get off of oil, come home, shut the fuck up, and clean your own damn house for once.

I would ask for specifics, but that would obviously exceed your intellectual capability.

There are knee-jerk anti-right wingers, those who play noting but identity politics and ultra-conformist practitioners of political correctness, but very few liberals.
Can anyone give us the real components of liberalism, the scholastic definition, not the "this is how I see them" definition. There are some core beliefs of liberalism and from those core beliefs spring the other forms.

I would ask for specifics, but that would obviously exceed your intellectual capability.
Since I answered maybe you should just deal with reality instead?

Here's one specific for you. For every 10K you make you owe an income tax of 1% up to 50% on 500K. After that the rate is always 50%, make as much as you dare.

your only challenge is not to be a RW partisan hack. You begin with labels. .

LOL, you object to "labels" while resorting to name calling at the same time. Would you prefer being referred to as a LW partisan hack?

As would this:

Book24.JPG

Can anyone give us the real components of liberalism, the scholastic definition, not the "this is how I see them" definition. There are some core beliefs of liberalism and from those core beliefs spring the other forms.
Start here, plenty good enough: Liberalism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Here's one specific for you. For every 10K you make you owe an income tax of 1% up to 50% on 500K. After that the rate is always 50%, make as much as you dare.

Interesting proposals.

1. Would these income tax rates be cumulative or incremental? (e.g, would a $100K earner pay 10% on the entire amount or just the last $10K?) Would they include Social Security taxes? Would you allow any deduction or tax credits? How would you treat non-earned income? Also:

2. How/where would you "cut spending?"

3. How would you "reform the tax code?"

4. What does "forget Iran" mean?

5. What "infrastructure" would you "fix" and how much would you spend? How does this relate to cutting spending?

6. How would you "get off oil?"

7. What do you mean by "come home?"

Assuming these are more than mere slogans, I look forward to your thoughtful response...

You omitted forcing the welfare leeches off the free lunch line and into the work force. That way they can support their own sorry right to live. Oh wait...you did mention raising taxes. I like oil...it keeps my electricity bill (usually powered by oil) down.

You omitted forcing the welfare leeches off the free lunch line and into the work force. That way they can support their own sorry right to live. Oh wait...you did mention raising taxes. I like oil...it keeps my electricity bill (usually powered by oil) down.
Welfare isn't money. You are stepping over a dollar to bitch about a penny. Do the math.

Interesting proposals.

1. Would these income tax rates be cumulative or incremental? (e.g, would a $100K earner pay 10% on the entire amount or just the last $10K?) Would they include Social Security taxes? Would you allow any deduction or tax credits? How would you treat non-earned income? Also:

2. How/where would you "cut spending?"

3. How would you "reform the tax code?"

4. What does "forget Iran" mean?

5. What "infrastructure" would you "fix" and how much would you spend? How does this relate to cutting spending?

6. How would you "get off oil?"

7. What do you mean by "come home?"

Assuming these are more than mere slogans, I look forward to your thoughtful response...
1. Cumulative. Yes. Yes. The same.
2. Shrink the military, end corporate and farm subsidies.
3. Find the loopholes and kill them, every last one of them, and tax all income the same.
4. It means they have a right to build whatever the fuck they like and what they do over there is their business, not ours.
5. Bridges, roads, water, sewer, power, etc., and as much as it takes for as long as it takes, which means it would never stop. It's not about cutting spending, it's about growing the economy.
6. Start using it only when it's really the only good option. The car is electric, the generator that charges it is gas.
7. I mean close all foreign military bases, stop playing policeman to the world, and get the fuck back here. South Korea can defend itself, and the same with the rest of the fucking world. War cam be good for our economy, as long as we aren't the ones fighting it.

Your observations are wrong.

Welfare isn't money. You are stepping over a dollar to bitch about a penny. Do the math.
And you're full of shit.

And you're full of shit.
Bring us the numbers and you'll see, unless you're one of those morons who calls everything Welfare, which wouldn't surprise me.

Forum List

Back