🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A Challenge to Liberals/Progressives

Raise taxes, cut spending, grow the economy, reform the tax code, forget Iran, fix the infrastructure, get off of oil, come home, shut the fuck up, and clean your own damn house for once.

I would ask for specifics, but that would obviously exceed your intellectual capability.
Since I answered maybe you should just deal with reality instead?

Here's one specific for you. For every 10K you make you owe an income tax of 1% up to 50% on 500K. After that the rate is always 50%, make as much as you dare.

Interesting proposals.

1. Would these income tax rates be cumulative or incremental? (e.g, would a $100K earner pay 10% on the entire amount or just the last $10K?) Would they include Social Security taxes? Would you allow any deduction or tax credits? How would you treat non-earned income? Also:

2. How/where would you "cut spending?"

3. How would you "reform the tax code?"

4. What does "forget Iran" mean?

5. What "infrastructure" would you "fix" and how much would you spend? How does this relate to cutting spending?

6. How would you "get off oil?"

7. What do you mean by "come home?"

Assuming these are more than mere slogans, I look forward to your thoughtful response...
1. Cumulative. Yes. Yes. The same.
2. Shrink the military, end corporate and farm subsidies.
3. Find the loopholes and kill them, every last one of them, and tax all income the same.
4. It means they have a right to build whatever the fuck they like and what they do over there is their business, not ours.
5. Bridges, roads, water, sewer, power, etc., and as much as it takes for as long as it takes, which means it would never stop. It's not about cutting spending, it's about growing the economy.
6. Start using it only when it's really the only good option. The car is electric, the generator that charges it is gas.
7. I mean close all foreign military bases, stop playing policeman to the world, and get the fuck back here. South Korea can defend itself, and the same with the rest of the fucking world. War cam be good for our economy, as long as we aren't the ones fighting it.

Thanks for the response! I wonder if you have considered the following implications:

1. Someone making $100K would pay $10K more in taxes than someone making $99K.
2. No more ethanol/alternative fuels?
3. No more home interest or business investment deductions?
4. Nuclear ICBM's OK?
5. Never ending Big Digs?
6. Increase coal and nuclear power?
7. OK if NK invades/nukes SK?

Raise taxes, cut spending, grow the economy, reform the tax code, forget Iran, fix the infrastructure, get off of oil, come home, shut the fuck up, and clean your own damn house for once.

I would ask for specifics, but that would obviously exceed your intellectual capability.

Here's one specific for you. For every 10K you make you owe an income tax of 1% up to 50% on 500K. After that the rate is always 50%, make as much as you dare.

Interesting proposals.

1. Would these income tax rates be cumulative or incremental? (e.g, would a $100K earner pay 10% on the entire amount or just the last $10K?) Would they include Social Security taxes? Would you allow any deduction or tax credits? How would you treat non-earned income? Also:

5. What "infrastructure" would you "fix" and how much would you spend? How does this relate to cutting spending?

Assuming these are more than mere slogans, I look forward to your thoughtful response...
3. Find the loopholes and kill them, every last one of them, and tax all income the same.
4. It means they have a right to build whatever the fuck they like and what they do over there is their business, not ours.
5. Bridges, roads, water, sewer, power, etc., and as much as it takes for as long as it takes, which means it would never stop. It's not about cutting spending, it's about growing the economy.
6. Start using it only when it's really the only good option. The car is electric, the generator that charges it is gas.
7. I mean close all foreign military bases, stop playing policeman to the world, and get the fuck back here. South Korea can defend itself, and the same with the rest of the fucking world. War cam be good for our economy, as long as we aren't the ones fighting it.

Thanks for the response! I wonder if you have considered the following implications:

4. Nuclear ICBM's OK?
Yeppers, but 9% of 99K is $8,910. 10% of 100,000 is $10,000 but 109,000 is $10,900. Good incentive to not make that extra grand in this case and no plan is perfect. Mine is regressive but simple. If you really want to be nice you start counting the 1% from 30K up.

Math went a little wonky here. Two points to jwoodie for catching it.

Last edited:
There are very few actual liberals in this forum.

There are knee-jerk anti-right wingers, those who play noting but identity politics and ultra-conformist practitioners of political correctness, but very few liberals.
Can anyone give us the real components of liberalism, the scholastic definition, not the "this is how I see them" definition. There are some core beliefs of liberalism and from those core beliefs spring the other forms.

I would suggest reading two prominent political philosophers - John Stuart Mill and John Rawles.

After doing so, you will see that all the politically correct practitioners of identity politics are anything but liberal.

Interesting proposals.

4. Nuclear ICBM's OK?
Yeppers, but 9% of 99K is $11,000, so it's only on 1K extra not ten. 10% of 100,000 is $10,000 but 109,000 is $10,900. Good incentive to make that extra grand in this case and no plan is perfect. Mine is regressive but simple. If you really want to be nice you start counting the 1% from 30K

Actually, 9% of $99K is $8910, so you would pay $1090 in taxes (109% marginal rate) for that extra grand of income. Even at $109K, your marginal tax rate would still be over 18%, more than double that for $99K. As for low income earners, If you also eliminated tax credits they would pay more under this plan.

Well the entire forum is republicans bashing democrats

And you are a paranoid Democrat who thinks all Republicans are out to get you. If you want a Republican-free forum, please, make your way to the Democratic Underground; which is complete with beds made of roses and free rose colored glasses with your membership.

Interesting proposals.

4. Nuclear ICBM's OK?
Yeppers, but 9% of 99K is $11,000, so it's only on 1K extra not ten. 10% of 100,000 is $10,000 but 109,000 is $10,900. Good incentive to make that extra grand in this case and no plan is perfect. Mine is regressive but simple. If you really want to be nice you start counting the 1% from 30K

Actually, 9% of $99K is $8910, so you would pay $1090 in taxes (109% marginal rate) for that extra grand of income. Even at $109K, your marginal tax rate would still be over 18%, more than double that for $99K. As for low income earners, If you also eliminated tax credits they would pay more under this plan.
As I said, it's regressive. No plan is perfect.

An easy fix would be to take .01% on every 1K instead of 1% on every ten. That puts 99K paying 9.9% and 100K paying 10%.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back