A Conservative's view on waterboarding

So, we should be a "cruel and unusual punishment" country now as well as a death sentence country.
Waterboarding, in the context of the conversation, isn't "punishment."

correct.

it's torture.

So is solitary confinement.

Come to think about it, I doubt many wouldn't view being locked away (Abikersailor and Barney Frank being the notable exceptions) in a small cell with a 300 lb gay African American named, "Twelve Inch Tyrone," as torture.

Maybe we should bulldoze down all the prisons and jails in the USA?

Last edited:
oye, what a joke. Waterboarding is not torture. It is uncomfortable. It's scary, but it's still not torture. If we start lopping off fingers and crushing testicles- that is torture.

Been waterboarded, have you? If not, your opinion doesn't mean much. I'll take the word of that conservative talkshow host who said the same thing, until he tried it himself.
by the same logic, have you been waterboarded? No? then your opinion doesn't mean much either.

Our special forces are waterboarded as part of their training. Are you suggesting that we are "torturing" our own men?

So, we should be a "cruel and unusual punishment" country now as well as a death sentence country.

Our troops have been waterboarded as part of their training, dumbass.

People in training to be police officers are held down and given a figure 8 of pepper spray and forced to react.

If you were held down by someone you viewed as your enemy and they sprayed a figure 8 of pepper spray over your eyes while holding you down, would you view that as torture?

Rarely does that question get an honest answer, but it illustrates what should be a pretty obvious difference between the 2 instances.

No.

correct.

it's torture.

SO the US tortures its own servicemen?
Or does it cease to be torture if people volunteer for it?

yes, it does.

you're not too bright, are you?

You're telling me there's a difference between a boxer getting punched to the point of being knocked out and a bully beating the snot out of someone?

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our special forces are waterboarded as part of their training. Are you suggesting that we are "torturing" our own men?

You folks don't seem to suggest understand the definition of torture, do you? If you're going to argue from a dishonest position, at least try to make it look logical.

Our troops have been waterboarded as part of their training, dumbass.

People in training to be police officers are held down and given a figure 8 of pepper spray and forced to react.

If you were held down by someone you viewed as your enemy and they sprayed a figure 8 of pepper spray over your eyes while holding you down, would you view that as torture?

Rarely does that question get an honest answer, but it illustrates what should be a pretty obvious difference between the 2 instances.

No.

Lol yeah, I'm sure you'd be begging for more.

I'm not "worried" about your individual view, there's all sorts of you bigots all over this country. We need another MLK Jr now more than ever.

Tools of Islam was your quote, you already provided the answer, if you think terrorists are tools of islam than of course you want everyone who practices the islam faith to be handled as such.

you want everyone who practices the islam faith to be handled as such

Did you have a big bowl of stupid today drock? Where did I say that?

Re-read your posts, you're the one who's using the term "tools of islam" rather than terrorist. Anyone who's not a bigot sees the obvious difference.

Tools of Islam yes....Whats wrong Drock did I not use PC language for you did I hurt your sensibilities princess. I'm sorry I really am...... NOT

You folks don't seem to suggest understand the definition of torture, do you? If you're going to argue from a dishonest position, at least try to make it look logical.

Why don't you give us your definition of torture.
And no, being forced to go 3 days without video games doesn't count.

We should have pulled out of Afganistan 6 months after we went in and never have went into Iraq.

Abu Grabass was not a college prank.
Gitmo prisoners should have gotten due proccess under our laws.
And I am not thrilled that we essentially assisaniated OBL.
That is not how the USA is supposed to operate.

What are you going to do, if he doesn't surrender? With the SEALS you only get one chance. It's war, people die.

Umm it is not a legal declared war.

Mere technicality. We haven't had a "legal declared war" since WW II. That's particularly aimed at Cons who applauded Bush's call for a War on Terror who used fear, like talk of WMDs, to get what he wanted, but now lambaste Obama just because OBL died. PUHLEEEEEZZZZ, is this National Hypocrite Month? :cool:

The only proof you know comes from a bottle.
At least you are able to post something, once in a while, that is not a smarmy comment. Maybe therapy is working?

It is not "becoming an animal" to seek to obtain actionable intelligence. That is where America's enemies, like you, fail. You cannot distinguish the difference between al-Sadr beheading people in Baghdad and Americans waterboarding people in Gitmo.

it is if you do it by torturing people.

fail

again

We don't torture people.
You fail. Epically.

keep telling yourself that. :thup:

"WHEN US Representative Steve King learned that Osama bin Laden had been killed by US troops in Pakistan, he couldn’t resist a little crowing about the efficacy of torture. “Wonder what President Obama thinks of water boarding now?’’ the Iowa Republican tweeted on May 2.

It was an outrageous remark, but King wasn’t going out on a limb. A parade of others, mostly Republicans, have joined him in claiming that the death of bin Laden had vindicated the use of waterboarding — the most notorious of the “enhanced interrogation techniques’’ the Bush administration employed to extract information from senior Al Qaeda detainees....

...I don’t know whether waterboarding was indispensable to rolling up bin Laden; for every interrogation expert who says it was, another expert argues the opposite. But the case against waterboarding never rested primarily on its usefulness. It rested on its wrongfulness. It is wrong when bad guys do it to good guys. It is just as wrong when good guys do it to Al Qaeda....

The killing of bin Laden was gratifying, but it was no vindication of torture. Republicans rightly argue that much credit is owed to George W. Bush, who launched an effective war on terror and pursued it with fierce resolve. But Bush was wrong to permit waterboarding, and wrong to deny that it was torture. I don’t agree with Obama on much, but when it comes to waterboarding, he is right. America will defeat the global jihad, but not by embracing its most inhuman values."

Ends don’t justify the means - The Boston Globe

Jeff Jacoby (columnist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:clap2:

Hmm, so we are to believe that waterboarding, which some U.S> recruits undergo as a matter of course, is torture. And we are to believe that using it to gain information to prevent terrorist attacks is cruel and inhuman. I guess blowing up 3,000 people is not cruel and inhuman.
We cannot win the war against terrorism by playing by Marquis of Queensbury rules. The drivel of the left is proof that we have lost moral compass, unable to tell the difference between right and wrong.

We lose ourselves or what we are and stand for when we play by the rules of terrorists.
We become the enemy.

What are you going to do, if he doesn't surrender? With the SEALS you only get one chance. It's war, people die.

Mere technicality. We haven't had a "legal declared war" since WW II. That's particularly aimed at Cons who applauded Bush's call for a War on Terror who used fear, like talk of WMDs, to get what he wanted, but now lambaste Obama just because OBL died. PUHLEEEEEZZZZ, is this National Hypocrite Month? :cool:
Apparently so.
Nancy Pelosi says opposite things depending on who is president.
Libs, who had lambasted secret operations and targeted assasinations, are orgasmic over Obama's order to kill OBL.
Methods and means that Sen.Obama denounced allowed Pres Obama to claim he killed OBL.
Yes, hypocrisy runs deep in the Democratic Party.

Did you have a big bowl of stupid today drock? Where did I say that?

Re-read your posts, you're the one who's using the term "tools of islam" rather than terrorist. Anyone who's not a bigot sees the obvious difference.

Tools of Islam yes....Whats wrong Drock did I not use PC language for you did I hurt your sensibilities princess. I'm sorry I really am...... NOT

Your ignorance in no way pains me, just sad your ignorant bigotry is so prevalent in 2011.

I'd be shocked if you'd ever interacted with even a single muslim in your entire life. It's all based on the mainstream media's boogeyman stories.

Why don't you give us your definition of torture.
And no, being forced to go 3 days without video games doesn't count.

All I know is being unable to post Octopron is quite painful.

:evil:

"WHEN US Representative Steve King learned that Osama bin Laden had been killed by US troops in Pakistan, he couldn’t resist a little crowing about the efficacy of torture. “Wonder what President Obama thinks of water boarding now?’’ the Iowa Republican tweeted on May 2.

It was an outrageous remark, but King wasn’t going out on a limb. A parade of others, mostly Republicans, have joined him in claiming that the death of bin Laden had vindicated the use of waterboarding — the most notorious of the “enhanced interrogation techniques’’ the Bush administration employed to extract information from senior Al Qaeda detainees....

...I don’t know whether waterboarding was indispensable to rolling up bin Laden; for every interrogation expert who says it was, another expert argues the opposite. But the case against waterboarding never rested primarily on its usefulness. It rested on its wrongfulness. It is wrong when bad guys do it to good guys. It is just as wrong when good guys do it to Al Qaeda....

The killing of bin Laden was gratifying, but it was no vindication of torture. Republicans rightly argue that much credit is owed to George W. Bush, who launched an effective war on terror and pursued it with fierce resolve. But Bush was wrong to permit waterboarding, and wrong to deny that it was torture. I don’t agree with Obama on much, but when it comes to waterboarding, he is right. America will defeat the global jihad, but not by embracing its most inhuman values."

Hmm, so we are to believe that waterboarding, which some U.S> recruits undergo as a matter of course, is torture. And we are to believe that using it to gain information to prevent terrorist attacks is cruel and inhuman. I guess blowing up 3,000 people is not cruel and inhuman.
We cannot win the war against terrorism by playing by Marquis of Queensbury rules. The drivel of the left is proof that we have lost moral compass, unable to tell the difference between right and wrong.

We lose ourselves or what we are and stand for when we play by the rules of terrorists.
We become the enemy.

In a fight for his life, only a moronic fool fights fair.

You tell me.... you're the one now defending Obama's ordered assassination of a foreign national, on foreign soil by Dick Cheney's Death Squad.

:eusa_drool:

We become the enemy.

Did you think that up all on your own?

Forum List

Back