A Conservative's view on waterboarding

And still, no counter to what I said.
If you think I am wrong, skip the attempts at distraction, misdirection and obfuscation, and show me how.
i can't show you what you're unwilling to see, nor can i express what i believe more clearly.
if something is wrong, it's wrong, imo.
Ah. A critical failure on your part, that you don't understand the point that was made.

Hint:
-It doesnt have anything to do with judging right v wrong.
-It has everyting to do with the logical fallacies in the arguments presented.

sure

No. Copy/paste the quotes. Your response here is no different than saying that the Bible proves God, read it and you'll see.

It's your claim, and thus, your responsibility to back it up. If you decide not to do so, then you claim is meaningless.

So...
Where does any of this show that the people subjected to waterboarding were not first vetted to see if they were/were not someone likely to have useful/important information?
Read the links.
No. Copy/paste the quotes. Your response here is no different than saying that the Bible proves God, read it and you'll see.

It's your claim, and thus, your responsibility to back it up. If you decide not to do so, then you claim is meaningless.

after she does that, will you tell her she doesn't understand the *point*?

:rofl:

i can't show you what you're unwilling to see, nor can i express what i believe more clearly.

you believe differently. you believe if there is some benefit to be derived for a perceived greater good by doing something morally repugnant, then it's all right.

mazel tov

Del....

Would you say that many MANY people think that the death penalty is wrong for shoplifters but not for murderers??

i know of no one who supports the death penalty for shoplifting

Americans have lynched other Americans for less.

Ah. A critical failure on your part, that you don't understand the point that was made.

Hint:
-It doesnt have anything to do with judging right v wrong.
-It has everyting to do with the logical fallacies in the arguments presented.

sure
"Sure?"

Does this mean you agree with me as to the fallaciouness of his arguments, or that you've chosen to not understand the issues under discussion?

Either way, you offer no effective counter, and so what I said stands.

Read the links.

You can be a sore loser if you want, but to put it on diplsay for everyone to see it just silly.

Read the links. You couldn't have in the time you took to respond. The fact that SO many had to be released alone, AFTER being tortured, should have told you something (and answered an asshatted question) a LONG time ago.

Why not provide something from the DOD instead of from apologist.

You can be a sore loser if you want, but to put it on diplsay for everyone to see it just silly.

and you can declare victory any time you wish; i believe this is the third or fourth time in this thread.

have a cookie

and you can declare victory any time you wish; i believe this is the third or fourth time in this thread.
Nothing changes the fact that your only response to my point was misdirection and obfuscation.

you believe differently. you believe if there is some benefit to be derived for a perceived greater good by doing something morally repugnant, then it's all right.

mazel tov

Del....

Would you say that many MANY people think that the death penalty is wrong for shoplifters but not for murderers??

And I know no one who supports waterboarding for common criminals

I have to thank Del for making this thread. It doesn't tell us a lot of new things but it certainly separates the real Conservatives from the faux ones.

Nothing changes the fact that your only response to my point was misdirection and obfuscation.

your point, IIRC, was that torture is okay if it serves our purpose.

i responded in the negative; moral values are absolute and not relative.

if that means you win, i'll just have to suck it up and move on.

have a nice day

Del....

And I know no one who supports waterboarding for common criminals

that's good to know.

i don't support waterboarding under any circumstances, for anyone.

torture is wrong; we're better than that

So...
Where does any of this show that the people subjected to waterboarding were not first vetted to see if they were/were not someone likely to have useful/important information?
Read the links.

FAIL. Read what I posted or not. I''m not emotionally invested in your opinion enough to do your home work FOR you, OR to spoon feed it TO you. You asked for a link. I gave you several that, together, would provide you with a sketch of a comprehensive education on the topic you're so obnoxiously sure of without knowing jack shit about. Read up or not, I really can't drop a deuce over it either way.

Forum List

Back