A Conservative's view on waterboarding

Read the links.
No. Copy/paste the quotes. Your response here is no different than saying that the Bible proves God, read it and you'll see.

It's your claim, and thus, your responsibility to back it up. If you decide not to do so, then you claim is meaningless.

FAIL. Read what I posted or not. I''m not emotionally invested in your opinion enough to do your home work FOR you, OR to spoon feed it TO you. You asked for a link. I gave you several that, together, would provide you with a sketch of a comprehensive education on the topic you're so obnoxiously sure of without knowing jack shit about. Read up or not, I really can't drop a deuce over it either way.

well don't sugarcoat it.

Read the links.
No. Copy/paste the quotes. Your response here is no different than saying that the Bible proves God, read it and you'll see.

It's your claim, and thus, your responsibility to back it up. If you decide not to do so, then you claim is meaningless.
FAIL. Read what I posted or not. I''m not emotionally invested in your opinion enough to do your home work FOR you, OR to spoon feed it TO you. You asked for a link. I gave you several that, together, would provide you with a sketch of a comprehensive education on the topic you're so obnoxiously sure of without knowing jack shit about. Read up or not, I really can't drop a deuce over it either way.
Yes, you have.
:shrug:

Yes, you have.

I'd call you a pussy, but it would be wrong. Pussy rules the world. You? well, oh well.

i know of no one who supports the death penalty for shoplifting

And I know no one who supports waterboarding for common criminals

that's good to know.

i don't support waterboarding under any circumstances, for anyone.

torture is wrong; we're better than that

And I know of many who think the death penalty is wrong under any circumstance.... and while I don't agree, I can appreciate their stance....

I also know of many who support harsher penalties or treatment of certain types of criminals, that are further out there than my stances... and while I don't agree, I can appreciate their stance...

The key is... IMHO it is an apples to oranges comparison in the interrogation or punishment of a foreign terrorist than it is for the common citizen criminal...

that's good to know.

And I know of many who think the death penalty is wrong under any circumstance.... and while I don't agree, I can appreciate their stance....

I also know of many who support harsher penalties or treatment of certain types of criminals, that are further out there than my stances... and while I don't agree, I can appreciate their stance...

The key is... IMHO it is an apples to oranges comparison in the interrogation or punishment of a foreign terrorist than it is for the common citizen criminal...

morality is absolute.

if it's wrong to to torture an american criminal, then it's wrong to torture a foreign terrorist.

you can disagree that torture is immoral, but you cannot argue that it's moral in some situations, but not others.

you're free to delude yourself in whatever way brings you comfort.
And still, no counter to what I said.
If you think I am wrong, skip the attempts at distraction, misdirection and obfuscation, and show me how.

i can't show you what you're unwilling to see, nor can i express what i believe more clearly.

if something is wrong, it's wrong, imo.

you believe differently. you believe if there is some benefit to be derived for a perceived greater good by doing something morally repugnant, then it's all right.

mazel tov

No one that I know likes cleaning the Toilet but it still needs to be done...

Not without spoiling the related prosecution.

The problem here is that you're trying to relate limitations on law-enforcement related criminal procedure to national-security related intel and operational actions.

Apples/oranges - and, non-sequitur.

If you're so right, why do you find it so necessary to use such fallacies?
For the love of god, I didn't know there were so many astericks created for a basic question.
You refusing to believe that you'vre presented an apples/oranges non-sequitur doesn't change the fact that you are doing just that.

Let me try again, though I'm sure you'll just pick at the wording again.
Do you want the limitations removed so that law enforcement is able to use waterboarding on american suspects?
Supporting the use of waterboarding for national-security related iltelligence/operational purposes in no way necessiates support for its use in criminal procedure.
Apples/oranges.

A sad predictable response.

All I'm asking for is an answer to a hypothetical question to get your true feeling on the principle of waterboarding.

Sadly, even on an anonymous message board with no reprocussions to your answer, you're afraid to give it.

that's good to know.

morality is absolute.

if it's wrong to to torture an american criminal, then it's wrong to torture a foreign terrorist.

you can disagree that torture is immoral, but you cannot argue that it's moral in some situations, but not others.

Shades of gray... for you may think it is torture... and others may not.... and I fully believe in differing types of treatment under differing circumstances

For the love of god, I didn't know there were so many astericks created for a basic question.
You refusing to believe that you'vre presented an apples/oranges non-sequitur doesn't change the fact that you are doing just that.

Do you want the limitations removed so that law enforcement is able to use waterboarding on american suspects?
Supporting the use of waterboarding for national-security related iltelligence/operational purposes in no way necessiates support for its use in criminal procedure.
Apples/oranges.
All I'm asking for is an answer to a hypothetical question to get your true feeling on the principle of waterboarding.
Yes...and that question is based on fallacies, as demonstrated.
Thus, it requires no asnwer.

Yes, you have.
I'd call you a pussy, but it would be wrong. Pussy rules the world. You? well, oh well.
None of this changes the fact that you have yet to support your position with anything other than "read the Bible".

Apples/oranges.
Yes...and that question is based on fallacies, as demonstrated.
Thus, it requires no asnwer.

coward

that's good to know.

morality is absolute.

If al Qaeda is not free to murder, are any of us really free??

morality is absolute.

If al Qaeda is not free to murder, are any of us really free??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkoPq5AOCOA]YouTube - Animal House - Fat, drunk and stupid[/ame]

Apples/oranges.

Sadly, even on an anonymous message board with no reprocussions to your answer, you're afraid to give it.

Predictable that he is too smart to fall for your fallacious reasoning?
Yes.
Your question is not designed to do anything but make you look good. And you stink at that.

that's good to know.

The thing you're not connecting, and what too many Americans don't connect or consider, as far as I can see, is the difference between the suspected and the actually guilty. Is it really all the same fucking DAY, no matter of guilt or innocence? If that is the case, every generation will have to pay for the stupidity of the last.

this message is hidden because del is on your ignore list.

Ah. The golden sound of silence. Del never made as much sense as she does now on iggy.
Of course I am assuming she is a she. Actually I suspect she is really a 300lb black transvestite named Roscoe.

Apples/oranges.

Predictable that he is too smart to fall for your fallacious reasoning?
Yes.
Your question is not designed to do anything but make you look good. And you stink at that.

It's a very very simple question.

Would you want the limitations removed and the implement of waterboarding in areas where the information would be actionable?

He's scared to answer it, you're scared to answer it.

Here's the conclusion I've come to, until I'm shown otherwise.

1.) The main reason you people favor waterboarding is because you're talking heads and bureacrats tell you to favor it.
2.) The secondary reason is it just gives you satisfaction to know we're putting terrorists through physical pain.

Has nothing to do with finding out information, or being morally ok with it.

that's good to know.

The thing you're not connecting, and what too many Americans don't connect or consider, as far as I can see, is the difference between the suspected and the actually guilty. Is it really all the same fucking DAY, no matter of guilt or innocence? If that is the case, every generation will have to pay for the stupidity of the last.

You understand we don't waterboard people because they are "guilty" or "innocent", right? Waterboarding isn't a punishment. If it were, I would oppose it as torture. But it isn't punishment. That is the distinguishing characteristic. It is an interrogation technique designed to elicit information that will save American lives.
Why are you opposed to saving American lives?

Forum List

Back