A Culture of Intolerance

Why call it a "public" school if you aren't allowed to publicly express your views there? Hmm?

She can express her views all she wants, that isn't a issue here. The school is just giving her resources or a platform to do so. She can talk to her fellow classmates about being Pro Life all she wants. Plus you know there is her club....which probably meets at the school.
You have no concept of what the First Amendment protects you from.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Why call it a "public" school if you aren't allowed to publicly express your views there? Hmm?

Certain views are not to be taken seriously. Anti-human rhetoric is not to be taken seriously. Anti-abortion is anti-human. The same people who consider a fetus a full moral person (how is that determined? by definition, thus begs the question) tends to also condone mistreatment of animals if not outrightly support it. Why are "ideals" about human nature so important as to wage protests against human needs. School girls are daughters, not mothers. Our society has not prepared them for this life yet culture demands it through highly sexualized culture. The burden should not be against this vulnerable population because you have some unscientific ideal that a full moral person is any thing that can become a human. That is highly controversial, certainly not factual. It is pure speculation and since harm of a serious nature can cascade from lack of abortion information or anti-abortion views that belittle 14 year old girls. To force anti-human propaganda to be displayed which takes a stand against girls who need support to make their decision.

So, you liberals resort to dehumanizing anyone who disagrees with you or your views? That's rather disturbing, and rather typical of you.

As for why we think a fetus is a human being, we resort to science to explain why:

There is ample biologic, physiologic, hormonal, and behavioral evidence for fetal and neonatal pain. As early as 8 weeks post-fertilization, face skin receptors appear. At 14 weeks, sensory fibers grow into the spinal cord and connect with the thalamus. At 13-16 weeks, monoamine fibers reach the cerebral cortex, so that by 17-20 weeks the thalamo-cortical relays penetrate the cortex. […] In fact, by 20 weeks post-fertilization… the fetal brain has the full complement of neurons that are present in adulthood

http://www.nrlc.org/uploads/fetalpain/TestimonyColleenMalloyHR3803.pdf

Which should be devastating to your view that human fetuses are nothing but a clump of cells. If even one toe remains in the womb, it is nothing but a clump of cells, whilst it is obvious to the rest of us what it is. A human being. They feel pain just as adults do. They react to pain in the same way adults do. You can't explain that away. Also, more science:

It can be clearly demonstrated that fetuses seek to evade certain stimuli in a manner in which an infant or an adult would be interpreted as a reaction to pain.

Richard T.F. Schmidt, MD, former President of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists

Trust me, we're far more scientific than you are on the subject.

You are more scientific? Lol
Such a joke. You thought abortion was a form of contraceptive. You are not more scientific, you are a fool.

And have you ever been pregnant?

Certain views are not to be taken seriously. Anti-human rhetoric is not to be taken seriously. Anti-abortion is anti-human. The same people who consider a fetus a full moral person (how is that determined? by definition, thus begs the question) tends to also condone mistreatment of animals if not outrightly support it. Why are "ideals" about human nature so important as to wage protests against human needs. School girls are daughters, not mothers. Our society has not prepared them for this life yet culture demands it through highly sexualized culture. The burden should not be against this vulnerable population because you have some unscientific ideal that a full moral person is any thing that can become a human. That is highly controversial, certainly not factual. It is pure speculation and since harm of a serious nature can cascade from lack of abortion information or anti-abortion views that belittle 14 year old girls. To force anti-human propaganda to be displayed which takes a stand against girls who need support to make their decision.

So, you liberals resort to dehumanizing anyone who disagrees with you or your views? That's rather disturbing, and rather typical of you.

As for why we think a fetus is a human being, we resort to science to explain why:

Which should be devastating to your view that human fetuses are nothing but a clump of cells. If even one toe remains in the womb, it is nothing but a clump of cells, whilst it is obvious to the rest of us what it is. A human being. They feel pain just as adults do. They react to pain in the same way adults do. You can't explain that away. Also, more science:

It can be clearly demonstrated that fetuses seek to evade certain stimuli in a manner in which an infant or an adult would be interpreted as a reaction to pain.

Richard T.F. Schmidt, MD, former President of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists

Such a joke. You thought abortion was a form of contraceptive. You are not more scientific, you are a fool.

Geez. I don't need to be pregnant to know what goes on during pregnancy. I study more than law. I study human biology, anatomy and physiology, bio mechanics and the like. Given that I cited two experts on fetal neurology that completely contradicts your views on abortion, I do believe I gave a more scientific opinion than you or gnarly did. Plus I do believe I crushed a key tenet of pro-choice advocates. Human fetuses are in fact human, and not just a clump of cells to be discarded. They react to pain and stimuli the same we already born humans do.

Abortion is indeed a contraceptive. It prevents unwanted birth, just like condoms and birth control pills do, thus it is a contraceptive. Use your head, Luissa. Your arguments and gnarly's are the 5th and 6th arguments I've taken down today.

Last edited:
At any rate I'm done debating the issue. It's plainly evident I'll get nothing but ad hominem and halfhearted arguments out the liberal crowd on this subject.

Said in typical right wing ad hominum fashion....Can u guys ever have a discussion without insulting people?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Geez. I don't need to be pregnant to know what goes on during pregnancy. I study more than law. I study human biology, biomechanics and the like. Given that I cited two experts on fetal neurology that completely contradicts your views on abortion, I do believe I gave a more scientific opinion than you or gnarly did.

Abortion is indeed a contraceptive. It prevents unwanted birth, just like condoms and birth control pills do, thus it is a contraceptive. Use your head, Luissa.

My views? I never stated my views in this thread.
And no it is not a form of contraceptive, you moron. Please stop repeating that statement too, this how people spread misinformed ideas. Use your head, dumb ass. God, I am so sick of idiots speaking about women's reproduction.
Contraceptive prevents pregnancy, it prevents fertilization and implantation.
A D&C is a PROCEDURE that removed the fetus from the uterus. It is not preventing anything. It is either removing a viable fetus or is performed after a miscarriage.
ABORTION IS NOT CONTRACEPTIVE! Please do not make that statement again. It is wrong, and is careless.

Do you also think the morning after pill is a form an abortion?
As for you studying, you mean you google. That doesn't mean you know anything. I have worked in health care for 7 years, and I have learned your attitude is dangerous. You know very little, please don't pretend otherwise. You are not a lawyer or OBGYN.

As for googling, I am sure I have googled more about pregnancy than you could ever dream of. I have also read a few books, and have been pregnant. I have also had a D&C due to a miscarriage, and I have given birth. I know what it's like to carry a child in me. Which is another reason your ignorance and attitude piss me off.
The best thing you could do TK, is get off your ass and go to school. Stop googling.

At any rate I'm done debating the issue. It's plainly evident I'll get nothing but ad hominem and halfhearted arguments out the liberal crowd on this subject.

In other words you don't like opposing view points and being proven wrong. Every time you are proven wrong, you declare you are done and claim you are the only one presenting actual information.
In reality, many liberals provided links and backed up their argument with information and facts.
Stop acting like a spoiled child.

Said in typical right wing ad hominum fashion....Can u guys ever have a discussion without insulting people?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Who are you? Did you miss the part where Luissa referred to me as a "fool"? Selective reading much?

I didn't miss you claiming we are not intelligent. I guess saying that isn't a personal attack. Lol
And if you keep repeating that abortion is a form of contraceptive, I will keep calling you a fool. You are spreading an ignorant idea, and you should be called out for it. This is how we end up with girls who know nothing about their reproductive health.

Geez. I don't need to be pregnant to know what goes on during pregnancy. I study more than law. I study human biology, anatomy and physiology, bio mechanics and the like. Given that I cited two experts on fetal neurology that completely contradicts your views on abortion, I do believe I gave a more scientific opinion than you or gnarly did. Plus I do believe I crushed a key tenet of pro-choice advocates. Human fetuses are in fact human, and not just a clump of cells to be discarded. They react to pain and stimuli the same we already born humans do.

Abortion is indeed a contraceptive. It prevents unwanted birth, just like condoms and birth control pills do, thus it is a contraceptive. Use your head, Luissa. Your arguments and gnarly's are the 5th and 6th arguments I've taken down today.

Technically it's not a contraceptive since contraceptives are hormones. Condoms are prophylactics. Abortion is a procedure.

Study harder.

You have no more right to tell a woman what decisions she can make about her own body than she has to tell you that you jack-off too much, (even if you probably do). That's a sin too, you know?

Technically it's not a contraceptive since contraceptives are hormones. Condoms are prophylactics. Abortion is a procedure.

Study harder.

Exactly! Winner winner chicken dinner.
A condom could be considered both if you think about it.

While I am a staunch supporter of First Amendment rights, I believe that the public school is an inappropriate forum for this display.

The student should do this outside in public. Not in school. It's just too controversial and of course the school administration can legally quash it based on the "disruptive" nature of the issue.

Then they should stop teaching about the wonders of abortion to our children in school as well.

They do? Do you have proof of that?
I am guessing no, because you are making shit up.

Well you see, being 23 years old myself, I remember being forced to learn about abortion in school, three times. Two sex ed courses (that were done during our English class time slot) and once in Health class, that was mandated for all children in 11th grade for half a year.

Study harder.

Technically, ice is a collections of low energy atoms, shoelaces are fibers and MIDI sequencing is a procedure.

WHAT?

Abortion doesn't prevent anything. It is a procedure done after prevention failed.

Then they should stop teaching about the wonders of abortion to our children in school as well.

They do? Do you have proof of that?

I am guessing no, because you are making shit up.

Well you see, being 23 years old myself, I remember being forced to learn about abortion in school, three times. Two sex ed courses (that were done during our English class time slot) and once in Health class, that was mandated for all children in 11th grade for half a year.

I remember taking sex ed myself. The only thing covered was brief and just explained what happened. And as a female, reproductive health was much more covered. So in other words they were providing sex ed, not pushing an agenda or view point. Got it.

Study harder.

Technically, ice is a collections of low energy atoms, shoelaces are fibers and MIDI sequencing is a procedure.

WHAT?

Abortion doesn't prevent anything. It is a procedure done after prevention failed.

Technically:

Abortion is a noun.
does is a verb (do)
not is a preposition.
The combination of "does" and "not" is a contraction "doesn't."
Prevent is verb
Anything is a general noun.
" . " is a punctuation, called a "period.
"It" is a preposition.
"is" is also a preposition.
"a" is a preposition.
Procedure is a noun.
Done is an adjective.
after is an adverb
prevention is a noun
failed is a transitive verb.

Can you highlight were I dehumanized people who disagree? I said anti-abortion is anti-human. In other words, preventing abortion or promoting misinformation (that every abortion is always murder) is aiding in preventing a human from making a choice based on facts and her needs. You offer a convenient misinterpretation.

I have noticed many people do not like to be challenged at all. So they make up foul rhetoric to undermine someone. But I'm sure you claim to know logic. I happen to as well. So we can be logical about this.

Even granting that I dehumanized someone or something (which I did not, I am very careful not to attack people below the belt) this has absolutely no bearing on the truth of my propositions. I suspect you know enough to know this fact and I won't need to explain further. Just in case...the truth of a claim is not effected by the messenger.

There is ample...evidence for fetal and neonatal pain.

Ample evidence, as we both know, is not to be taken as truism. Regardless, I don't dispute typical development, including a heart in the first 25 days. There is a point beyond which abortion is not recommended; but let's be clear when this occurs is not the topic. Your quote spent about 2% dealing with our point of discussion and the rest talking about irrelevant, undisputed fact.

But we all know that women typically come to know they are carrying within 3-4 weeks. So why did your quote spend so much time talking beyond the 2 month mark? Distract attention?

Well, we can discuss when abortion is no longer appropriate, but first we need to realize there is indeed a window in which abortion is appropriate.

Which should be devastating to your view that human fetuses are nothing but a clump of cells.
Trust me, we're far more scientific than you are on the subject. And thusly, have more informed opinions about abortion than you do. What do you have? Your emotions? Scare tactics? Smear campaigns?

I wonder how you know my view points without having ever known me? You know I'm a liberal and that I think a fetus is a "clump of cells." Youre wrong on both counts but that wouldn't stop you. I would explain but you've already made up your mind. So who am I to tell you what I believe? Once Temple knows that gnarly thinks anti-abortion campaigns in public schools are potentially disastrous, Temple knows everything gnarly believes. What magic!

How irrelevant, spending the bulk of your reply with intimidation tactics and outright taunting. How evident is your desire to win an argument rather than rational dialogue! This typically indicates a front behind which little truth lies. If you want to continue your ignoble tactics, please ignore me! If you want to engage in serious dialogue then do it.

No one is disputing science, the science is quite clear. But what's also clear is that it is not sensible to resist abortion based in unscientific ideals. You conveyed no reason to think a fetus is the same thing as a full moral being. You conveyed reason to think that at some stage in development the fetus becomes sensitive to pain and stimuli. Well, before that development happens, it seems quite plausible to at least consider abortion. A lively dialogue where ideals of unscientific absurdity are not allowed to enter the debate.

But we don't cease killing things because they feel pain. In fact, almost 20% of emissions comes from industrial cow lots and the like. We know they feel pain but I don't see you giving a damn. Why think a human has any more special right than man? Here is a renowned biologist on this issue:

While we readily admit that the first organisms were bacteria-like and that the most complex organism of all is our own kind, it is considered bad form to take this as any kind of progression. . . . [One] is flirting with sin if one says a worm is a lower animal and a vertebrate is a higher animal, even though their fossil origins will be found in lower and higher strata. —John Tyler Bonner

So if the issue isn't pain, then what's it based on? A species bias. But let's assume somewhow humans are justified in this bias although we aren't, all is sacred. So let's
think about the effects of anti-abortion propaganda has, leaving aside its spread of misinformation. Let's say a girl decides to go through with developing a fetus and trying to raise a child (hopefully with support). Well, we know these mothers are under intense pressures from all sides, parental, financial, their school, peers, and the baby. And everyone seems to know what's best for them except themselves. What happens? With all this stress, it's very likely and well studied that a significant portion of these children grow up neglected or orphaned. This will be reflected over the life of the child and can result in harms of society or burdens like Medicare because this child, now adult, has been mistreated his whole life and is unable to work but needs expensive medical care. Was your ideology worth this burden on this poor man, those who know him and society at large? This is multiplied over the population for every person that didn't go through with abortion, this burden is a likely possibility.

Maybe you should take a step back from supporting ideological campaigns against women. Just because you have an idea in your head doesn't make it true or worthwhile. This idea to demand the "both-sides argument" in a public school is rooted in imposing your ideology (not science) on another person; the fact is, some ideas are not worth anything and should be kept from public grounds. You are not concerned with human flourishing or thinking about how your demands affect the women and families involved, and other consequences that result from your ideology. Maybe you should treat these women like you would a fetus. We have plenty of reason to think these women are full moral persons. Fetuses at early stages are much more debatable whether they are full moral persons or not. Maybe we should consider the interests and well-being of the living and not of your ideology, which is based in dogma

Last edited:

Forum List

Back