A Discussion About White Supremacy In The United States

That I did not experience it, nor hear about it despite hearing thousands, if not more, claimed examples of racial grievances,

raises seriously questions about your claim.

I doubt you had much experience with black people, then.

All nations have their myths. It is human nature to highlight the good stuff about a nation and bury the bad stuff. People don't want to know about the bad things their ancestors have done. They want to know the good things.

YOur doubts are incorrect.

My neighbor hood, despite being fairly rural, had a high black population. It was, as I recognized early on, an oddity.

I also was exposed to a couple of big city urban yoots, because their mother sent them out to the country during the summer for their safety, to live with their cousin.

I saw no signs of discomfort from my white neighbors young or old about this, nor in school, or as already mentioned, in town.

"i was a kid and didn't see it" in not a non sequitur.

It is an opposing observation, just as valid as your second hand observations, if not more so.

There is nothing hypocritical about my complaints about anti-white discrimination or policies.

You, attacking people for racism, while making racial slurs, is hypocritical.

That you don't understand this, makes you look pretty stupid.

Your argument is a complete logical fallacy. And you're bloody stupid to realize it.

I'm sure that when you were a kid, you went into stores and everything was just jim dandy.

But that doesn't mean that in other stores when you weren't around, blacks weren't treated like they were sub-human.

When I was about 12, I started to become political aware.

I read about racism in the papers, and I believed it.

There wasn't any around me. Even though it was a fairly diverse neighborhood and my parents were older than the norm. I just figured that my family and neighbors were exceptional.

When I went to a high school, I wondered if I would see all this racism, I was still reading about, but again, I did not. And again, I just figured that my school and fellow classmates were better than average people. Very progressive.

Then I went college in the near by city, and, well you get it. I was in class with minorities, we socialized together, ect ect ect. And I just figured that my city was one of the better ones.

THEN, I read that racial activists considered my city one of the WORSE ones.

And I realized that it was all bullshit.
What city was that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It is an opposing observation, just as valid as your second hand observations, if not more so.

There is nothing hypocritical about my complaints about anti-white discrimination or policies.

Your argument is a complete logical fallacy. And you're bloody stupid to realize it.

I'm sure that when you were a kid, you went into stores and everything was just jim dandy.

But that doesn't mean that in other stores when you weren't around, blacks weren't treated like they were sub-human.

There wasn't any around me. Even though it was a fairly diverse neighborhood and my parents were older than the norm. I just figured that my family and neighbors were exceptional.

When I went to a high school, I wondered if I would see all this racism, I was still reading about, but again, I did not. And again, I just figured that my school and fellow classmates were better than average people. Very progressive.

Then I went college in the near by city, and, well you get it. I was in class with minorities, we socialized together, ect ect ect. And I just figured that my city was one of the better ones.

What city was that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A nice rust belt city, that is all you need to know.

That I did not experience it, nor hear about it despite hearing thousands, if not more, claimed examples of racial grievances,

raises seriously questions about your claim.

I doubt you had much experience with black people, then.

All nations have their myths. It is human nature to highlight the good stuff about a nation and bury the bad stuff. People don't want to know about the bad things their ancestors have done. They want to know the good things.
In Germany after WWII, people wanted to wipe the war from the pages of their history. They wanted to make believe it never really happened. However, a more sensible attitude finally did prevailed because people realized that not learning one's history, no matter how unpleasant, dooms one to repeat it. Kids were taught about Nazism, the Holocaust, and the defeat of German.

A number of concentration camps such as, Dachau and Buchenwald are open to public. You won't find them advertised much but they are there and tours are available for those who are strong enough to face the truth of man's inhumanity. In the German school curriculum, students are required to learn about the darker aspects of their nation’s history from as young as 10 with class discussion and even visits to a camp. IMHO, German is a stronger country for not trying to hide their past.

In America we have attempted to deal with the Genocide of the American Indian, but we have never really taken responsibility for the horror of 200 years of slavery and it's result. I believe the white backlash caused by the civil rights movement and other means of bringing equality to the races are due much to the fact that many people simply don't see that they have any responsibility to rectify the wrongs of slavery.

I went to school in the Deep South in the mid 20th century. In schools, slavery was taught as a very sterile subject. The take away was it was a bad thing that happen a long time ago and we have no responsibility for what our forefathers did.

White supremacy was a given. To claim a black man was in any way equal to a white man would brand you as a lunatic. That idea was seen as ridiculous just as any attempt to elevate the black race because nobody considered it their responsibility. Black people liked their old schools and didn't mind a bit riding in the back of the bus or living in broken down shacks. Most people regarded black people in much the way they regard their dog, an animal that needs care and protection, not smart enough to take care of itself and only trusted to a limited extent. When people say we have made no progress in race relations, they don't know what they are talking about.

Last edited:

If you are raised in a community in which racist behavior is not recognized as such and is just normal behavior, you are not likely to be bothered by it. Generally if there were no conflicts between the races, killings, riots, etc. then everything was fine.

My first year in high school was in the South in the early 50's. Nobody thought of themselves as being racist. Blacks went to a black school, an old wood frame building and Whites went to a White school, a new 3 story brick building. Blacks did jobs blacks did, cut grass, picked up garbage, and general manual labor. Whites did white jobs, worked in offices and stores, and skilled jobs. Whites lived in white neighborhoods in nice houses and black lived in black neighborhoods on the edge of town in shotgun shacks. It was all good. There were no racists. Everybody was happy, of course no one every ask any black people about this.

Cultures appropriate facets of other cultures all the time. Only backward cultures refuse to do so.
True but that has nothing to do with the Moors coming to europe and giving you your culture. If they had not done that you would have turned back into cave men.

Again, irrelevant. The wise recognize what is of value and absorb it. Only a backward culture would refuse to do so out of foolish "pride". That mean if white teenagers like to listen to rap and wear dreadlocks, they can, proudly.

Look at it this way. Where are the Moors with their culture today? Then compare that to European and American culture. Which dominates?
No its not irrelevant. Moors giving you your culture is the entire point. Moorish culture dominants. I just pointed that out.

Really? Moors are comfortable living in Scotland, Ireland, England, America?

Where are they again?
Yes really. Moors came to europe and ruled for centuries. Do you think they would do that if they werent comfortable?

Where are they now, living in Ireland, Scotland, England and America? Which culture dominates today?

If you are raised in a community in which racist behavior is not recognized as such and is just normal behavior, you are not likely to be bothered by it. Generally if there were no conflicts between the races, killings, riots, etc. then everything was fine.

My first year in high school was in the South in the early 50's. Nobody thought of themselves as being racist. Blacks went to a black school, an old wood frame building and Whites went to a White school, a new 3 story brick building. Blacks did jobs blacks did, cut grass, picked up garbage, and general manual labor. Whites did white jobs, worked in offices and stores, and skilled jobs. Whites lived in white neighborhoods in nice houses and black lived in black neighborhoods on the edge of town in shotgun shacks. It was all good. There were no racists. Everybody was happy, of course no one every ask any black people about this.
Those were the good ol days weren’t they?

My first year of high school was in the early 80s, in the Rust Belt.

No one thought of themselves as racist.

Blacks and whites went to the same school.

Blacks and whites did the same jobs and lived in the same neighborhoods.

30 years? Times changed. YOu are living in the past.

Yes, if you were a member of the White Citizens Council or the KKK. And I suppose it was a pretty good time for poor Whites, lots blacks saying "Yes Sir Boss", no worry about a black man taking your job, and no matter how bad things might be, you could always take comfort in the fact that you weren't black.

Yes, if you were a member of the White Citizens Council or the KKK. And I suppose it was a pretty good time for poor Whites, lots blacks saying "Yes Sir Boss", no worry about a black man taking your job, and no matter how bad things might be, you could always take comfort in the fact that you weren't black.

Klan member ship flatlined in the 1930s and has never recovered.

Correction, I lived in the past, the distant past which allows me a clear view of how far we have progressed.

Correction, I lived in the past, the distant past which allows me a clear view of how far we have progressed.

So, why are you denying the progress?

WHo do you think got a higher percentage of the white vote? Kerry or Obama?

Well they were certainly active in the South in the 1950s.

I don't even have to watch it to know it's not a discussion about race. Discussions involve give and take. It's a lecture by racist blacks to justify their demands and false accusations. nothing more.
No it wasn't.
White guy talking to white host. You miss a lot, living in your bubble.

Ok, it was a white guy lecturing us to justify the demands and false accusations of black activists. What it wasn’t was a discussion.

Active is a long way from the dominate position in society you describe.

This is 2018. About what? Three generations later?

So, why are you denying the progress?

WHo do you think got a higher percentage of the white vote? Kerry or Obama?
Blacks made tremendous progress from the late 50s to the 80's acompanied by huge social upheaval. Most schools and public accommodations were integrated. By 1975, 5.5 million additional black voters had be added to the voter rolls. Black turnout in elections hit over 70%. In the Deep South voter registration increased by 400% by 1980 and we began to see elected black candidates.

In the late 20th century, progress slowed. Sociologists say that further improvements in education and jobs will be generational and dependent on social integration and the passage of cultural changes between generations and not reaching equality for 50 to 100 years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back