A Discussion About White Supremacy In The United States

"i was a kid and didn't see it" in not a non sequitur.

It is an opposing observation, just as valid as your second hand observations, if not more so.

There is nothing hypocritical about my complaints about anti-white discrimination or policies.

You, attacking people for racism, while making racial slurs, is hypocritical.

That you don't understand this, makes you look pretty stupid.

Your argument is a complete logical fallacy. And you're bloody stupid to realize it.

I'm sure that when you were a kid, you went into stores and everything was just jim dandy.

But that doesn't mean that in other stores when you weren't around, blacks weren't treated like they were sub-human.

When I was about 12, I started to become political aware.

I read about racism in the papers, and I believed it.

There wasn't any around me. Even though it was a fairly diverse neighborhood and my parents were older than the norm. I just figured that my family and neighbors were exceptional.

When I went to a high school, I wondered if I would see all this racism, I was still reading about, but again, I did not. And again, I just figured that my school and fellow classmates were better than average people. Very progressive.

Then I went college in the near by city, and, well you get it. I was in class with minorities, we socialized together, ect ect ect. And I just figured that my city was one of the better ones.

THEN, I read that racial activists considered my city one of the WORSE ones.

And I realized that it was all bullshit.

These white fucking rednecks.

One of my employees is black. He's 40. His father was in the army. And even though he spent his career in the army, for most of his life, he wasn't allowed to vote.

Now, of course, these redneck Cletuses will deny it because it doesn't jive with their worldview of how the poor ol' white people are the ones who are really discriminated against, not the blacks.

These white fucking rednecks.

One of my employees is black. He's 40. His father was in the army. And even though he spent his career in the army, for most of his life, he wasn't allowed to vote.

Now, of course, these redneck Cletuses will deny it because it doesn't jive with their worldview of how the poor ol' white people are the ones who are really discriminated against, not the blacks.

You've lost the concept of time. I've seen this before with lefties.

THe days of Jim Crow are IN THE PAST.

When I, or other conservatives discuss anti-white discrimination, we are talking about a period of time, many decades LATER IN TIME, ie the PRESENT, and the recent past.

That is why the confusion you are experiencing.

It is an opposing observation, just as valid as your second hand observations, if not more so.

There is nothing hypocritical about my complaints about anti-white discrimination or policies.

Your argument is a complete logical fallacy. And you're bloody stupid to realize it.

I'm sure that when you were a kid, you went into stores and everything was just jim dandy.

But that doesn't mean that in other stores when you weren't around, blacks weren't treated like they were sub-human.

There wasn't any around me. Even though it was a fairly diverse neighborhood and my parents were older than the norm. I just figured that my family and neighbors were exceptional.

When I went to a high school, I wondered if I would see all this racism, I was still reading about, but again, I did not. And again, I just figured that my school and fellow classmates were better than average people. Very progressive.

Then I went college in the near by city, and, well you get it. I was in class with minorities, we socialized together, ect ect ect. And I just figured that my city was one of the better ones.

I can't speak to your personal experiences.

All I can tell you is the personal experiences of others as told to me.

And it is a logical fallacy for you to deny the personal experiences of others based on your own personal experience.

I have never heard anyone claiming what you are claiming.

Of course you haven't.

Because you either weren't exposed to it or didn't want to know.

No, I've been exposed to decades of racial grievances, real and imagined.

I have not shied away from them.

It is strange that, if this was a big problem, just a few years before I was walking around aware, that I have never heard of it.

The irony is, by creating this thread, and promoting that show, you have actually allowed the white supremacists to win. You just advertised for their cause.
This doesn't make any sense. Like....at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I can't speak to your personal experiences.

All I can tell you is the personal experiences of others as told to me.

And it is a logical fallacy for you to deny the personal experiences of others based on your own personal experience.

You are making a claim about the way America was, within my lifespan.

If my personal observations, in a completely normal and mainstream place, do not jive with your claims,

that is an issue for your claim.

It is strange that, if this was a big problem, just a few years before I was walking around aware, that I have never heard of it.

Your argument is "I've never seen nor heard of them, so it didn't happen."

That is a false argument because your existence does not represent the totality of human experience.

Your argument is "I've never seen nor heard of them, so it didn't happen."

That is a false argument because your existence does not represent the totality of human experience.

NO, but my personal observations of a normal mainstream American community, AND my hearing of thousands, if not more, of racial grievances,

represents a fairly sizable portion of the American experience during the last few decades.

It is very odd that, if such a situation was the norm of American society of the 60s, that this is the first I've heard of it.

You are making a claim about the way America was, within my lifespan.

If my personal observations, in a completely normal and mainstream place, do not jive with your claims,

that is an issue for your claim.

That you didn't experience it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

That I did not experience it, nor hear about it despite hearing thousands, if not more, claimed examples of racial grievances,

raises seriously questions about your claim.

There's no white supremacy in the United States. If you put as much energy into cleaning up your own neighborhoods and rotting subculture as you do whining and finger pointing at others you'd make a lot of progress.
Of course there is white supremacy in the U.S. I don't know what gives you that idea.

Really? Where? What power do they have? Who actually takes them seriously other than their own little band of extremists? This isn't the 1950s anymore and the KKK isn't getting government protection to go out and commit their lynchings.
Skinheads and people running around in brown shirts with Nazi arm bans are not the big problem. It's the much larger segment of the population who in their heart believe their race is superior and due to that superiority it should be widely recognized as such and treated as such. They may not call themselves white supremacist but that is exactly what they are.

There's no white supremacy in the United States. If you put as much energy into cleaning up your own neighborhoods and rotting subculture as you do whining and finger pointing at others you'd make a lot of progress.
Of course there is white supremacy in the U.S. I don't know what gives you that idea.

Really? Where? What power do they have? Who actually takes them seriously other than their own little band of extremists? This isn't the 1950s anymore and the KKK isn't getting government protection to go out and commit their lynchings.
Skinheads and people running around in brown shirts with Nazi arm bans are not the big problem. It's the much larger segment of the population who in their heart believe their race is superior and due to that superiority it should be widely recognized as such and treated as such. They may not call themselves white supremacist but that is exactly what they are.

I've heard no such calls in the mainstream.

Indeed, nothing even remotely resembling that.

What do you base such as claim on?

That I did not experience it, nor hear about it despite hearing thousands, if not more, claimed examples of racial grievances,

raises seriously questions about your claim.

I doubt you had much experience with black people, then.

All nations have their myths. It is human nature to highlight the good stuff about a nation and bury the bad stuff. People don't want to know about the bad things their ancestors have done. They want to know the good things.

Forum List

Back