A few states current temps as of 12-20-22 9am

alaska temps.jpg

Fort Yukon Alaska -51 and it's not even cooled off over night! I bet friday morning is going to be close to Mars like temps.

Has it ever done so?

I know one year in Fort Worth lake worth froze over. I can't recall what year but it was in the early 90's.
I was in Duluth for the Winter of 2001-02 in anticipation of it freezing-over.

I moved from Texas to Wisconsin 15 years ago. Texas doesn't get very cold but it cuts right through you when it gets down in the 20's, because of the constant wind and lack of winter clothing. The first few years living up here took some getting used to but after you do, it's not that bad. Good boots, wool socks, a fleece hat, a t-shirt, a fleece hoodie, jeans, and a Walls or Carharrt coat gets me through the winter, even when it gets down in the zero degree range. Anything colder than that, I break out a scarf, ski mask, and gloves.

It's 14 degrees right now. Mid-20's is considered a veritable heat wave.

I lived in Cleveland all of my life. When I was younger I did what you said when it got cold. It was the humid summer months that killed me.

Now that I'm older it's just the opposite. I can take the heat but not the cold no matter what I do. I think last summer I ran my AC about four or five times.

Is God punishing us for electing Biden? Under Trump when fuel costs were reasonable or more than reasonable, we had some pretty good winters. Now that it's record setting prices, it's going to get colder than it's been in decades.

I moved from Texas to Wisconsin 15 years ago. Texas doesn't get very cold but it cuts right through you when it gets down in the 20's, because of the constant wind and lack of winter clothing. The first few years living up here took some getting used to but after you do, it's not that bad. Good boots, wool socks, a fleece hat, a t-shirt, a fleece hoodie, jeans, and a Walls or Carharrt coat gets me through the winter, even when it gets down in the zero degree range. Anything colder than that, I break out a scarf, ski mask, and gloves.

It's 14 degrees right now. Mid-20's is considered a veritable heat wave.

Walls makes some insulated overalls that are pretty good for outside work in really cold weather. Carhartt's makes more of its stuff here in the U.S, though.

After this blast of arctic air gets to Central Florida we will be in the low 30s at night and the high 40s during the day, which is pretty damn cold for us.

Global Warming my ass.

Yeah, but at least you can have some fun watching the iguanas drop out of the trees.

Speaking of Wisconsin, one year, back in the late 90's iirc, one January I was running around Wisconsin in a t-shirt and shorts , and three days later I was driving on 2 inches of ice on I-40 near Amarillo leaving the airport there for a friend's place. It was a weird weather year all over .

Forum List

Back