"A free thinker is Satan's slave"

Hell is justice for rejecting Christ, who was tortured and died on the cross to make us worthy of the presence of God.

"A little philosophy inclineth a man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion."
Francis Bacon, the father of the scientific method.

Hell is not Justice.

Precisely. Sentencing someone to eternal torture for -- well, anything, really -- but certainly for using his mind as designed, is the antithesis of justice.

Then you should take that up with God. ;)

Why? I have only your word that God is like that -- certainly God has not told me this -- so I'm taking it up with you.

You're wrong. God isn't like that. And if the Bible says He is, then the Bible is wrong. And if a Church says He is, then the Church is wrong. It's all human authority in the end, the word of other people.

And they're wrong, all of them.

Last edited:
Precisely. Sentencing someone to eternal torture for -- well, anything, really -- but certainly for using his mind as designed, is the antithesis of justice.

Then you should take that up with God. ;)

Why? I have only your word that God is like that -- certainly God has not told me this -- so I'm taking it up with you.

You're wrong. God isn't like that. And if the Bible says He is, then the Bible is wrong. And if a Church says He is, then the Church is wrong. It's all human authority in the end, the word of other people.

And they're wrong, all of them.

I haven't 'told' you anything of the sort sweetie, and I think if you go back and read thru any of my posts, you would never be able to prove that I did.

All I can do is continue to repeat.....all actions have consequences. dragon is promoting the idea that if there is justice, in this world or the next, then there can be no liberty.

Which is about as insane as you can get.

It's not only insane. It's completely backwards, because if there is no justice there can be no liberty.

Depends what you consider justice. Is it just to give someone eternity in hell for actions done in a 20-100 year lifespan?

Thousands, millions, billions, trillions, etc of years in hell for actions done in 20-100 years? Sometimes they're not even actions, just inactions. I don't know how in any moral compass that can be viewed as justice.

Why would those who laugh at Christ on the cross, who spit on God, enjoy his company in the hereafter?

You reject him here, he rejects you there. That's the way it works. You make the choice. You can't reject him and then expect to elbow your way up to the buffet.

All I can do is continue to repeat.....all actions have consequences. dragon is promoting the idea that if there is justice, in this world or the next, then there can be no liberty.

Which is about as insane as you can get.

It's not only insane. It's completely backwards, because if there is no justice there can be no liberty.

Depends what you consider justice. Is it just to give someone eternity in hell for actions done in a 20-100 year lifespan?

Thousands, millions, billions, trillions, etc of years in hell for actions done in 20-100 years? Sometimes they're not even actions, just inactions. I don't know how in any moral compass that can be viewed as justice.

Perhaps someday you'll get to have your questions answered.. but, I don't think there's anyone alive who can answer them now.

From Romans:

1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of people who suppress the truth by their unrighteousness, 19 because what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes – his eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, because they are understood through what has been made. So people are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God or give him thanks, but they became futile in their thoughts and their senseless hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for an image resembling mortal human beings or birds or four-footed animals or reptiles. 24 Therefore God gave them over in the desires of their hearts to impurity, to dishonor their bodies among themselves. 25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshiped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. 26 For this reason God gave them over to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged the natural sexual relations for unnatural ones, 27 and likewise the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed in their passions for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. 29 They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless. 32 Although they fully know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but also approve of those who practice them

Why would those who laugh at Christ on the cross, who spit on God, enjoy his company in the hereafter?

You reject him here, he rejects you there. That's the way it works. You make the choice. You can't reject him and then expect to elbow your way up to the buffet.

I could use the same comparison to Satan. I believe in Satan every bit as much as I believe in Christ, none, but for some reason i belong in eternity with the evil guy i don't believe in rather than the great guy i don't believe in.

If I'm wrong I'll feel more sorry for the billions of people who never heard of Christ while on earth yet were still sentenced to eternity in hell, regardless of their character or morals.

Okay, what did I say that God is like?

This is not a court of law. You know what you said, you know what you meant, I know what you meant, too, and any attempt to make me prove it is dinsingenuous lawyerly crap.

Now, if you want to deny that you believe God sentences people to Hell for not being Christians at their death, do so, but don't mealy-mouth around it by demanding that I prove you do believe that. If you do, then you've been answered. If you don't, then I see no reason why we're even having this discussion.

Provide your quote and link the statement you claim Newby made.

I don't care who you feel sorry for. You are claiming that Christians *force* belief using terror tactics, but admit that if you don't believe in God, then the threat you say we're using has no meaning.

You further claim that liberty cannot exist if there is punishment, and that the concept of what you claim is a pretend hell stifles liberty. This is complete and utter nonsense, and such juvenile rantings would get you laughed out of any college level history, philosophy or lit class.

You can't have it both ways. And you can't discuss your way out of a paper bag.

This is not a court of law. You know what you said, you know what you meant, I know what you meant, too, and any attempt to make me prove it is dinsingenuous lawyerly crap.

Now, if you want to deny that you believe God sentences people to Hell for not being Christians at their death, do so, but don't mealy-mouth around it by demanding that I prove you do believe that. If you do, then you've been answered. If you don't, then I see no reason why we're even having this discussion.

Translated: I'M LYING THROUGH MY TEETH.

What a pathetic loser.

:lol: You're very amusing, I'll give you that. What does it matter to you what I believe? How does that affect your life at all?

I don't care who you feel sorry for. You are claiming that Christians *force* belief using terror tactics, but admit that if you don't believe in God, then the threat you say we're using has no meaning.

You further claim that liberty cannot exist if there is punishment, and that the concept of what you claim is a pretend hell stifles liberty. This is complete and utter nonsense, and such juvenile rantings would get you laughed out of any college level history, philosophy or lit class.

I get the feeling that Dragon is very young, and very confused.

What does it matter to you what I believe?

Only the fact that you're trying to make a point of it.

Are you going to answer the question or retract your demand that I prove you believe it? You really should do one or the other.

koshergrl said:

You reject him here, he rejects you there.

But I do not reject God. I reject traditional Christianity, and I reject what traditional Christians SAY about God. There is a difference, and when traditional Christians confuse the two, they are exhibiting an insufferable degree of arrogance.

Sorry kg, but you don't get to have it both ways, either. I'd like to see a quote of Dragon saying liberty cannot exist with punishment.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back