🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A good argument to disarm the gun-grabbers

Europe hundreds of gun deaths
America 30,000+ gun deaths.

I win.

You don't win anything....

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives.

As more Americans own and carry guns our gun murder rate went down 49%, our gun crime rate went down 75%, our violent crime rate went down 72%...

You fail.

Britain....banned and confiscated guns, their gun crime rate has gone up, not down. Their violent crime rate is skyrocketing....

You fail.

CDC ....

Leading Causes of Death | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

gun suicide....22,938

Unintentional gun accidental death..

Gum murder...

Tell us when the criminals you keep letting out of jail get their gun murder number over 1.1 million defensive gun uses by law abiding Americans...

You fail....
So many lies, so little time. You keep repeating the same lies over and over, you get busted for it, and then you repeat those lies again!

Fascinating.

I win.

As more Americans own and carry guns our gun murder rate went down 49%, our gun crime rate went down 75%, our violent crime rate went down 72%...

You fail.

Britain....banned and confiscated guns, their gun crime rate has gone up, not down. Their violent crime rate is skyrocketing....

You fail.

CDC ....

gun suicide....22,938

Gum murder...

Tell us when the criminals you keep letting out of jail get their gun murder number over 1.1 million defensive gun uses by law abiding Americans...

You fail....
So many lies, so little time. You keep repeating the same lies over and over, you get busted for it, and then you repeat those lies again!

Fascinating.

How is quoting the exact statistics from the Centers for Disease Control a lie? And the 1.1 million defensive gun uses is also from the Centers for Disease Control....but you must like the number from the Department of Justice that puts defensive gun use at 1.5 million times a year....or maybe you prefer the obama, 2013 in depth, Centers for Disease Control research that put the existing research numbers at between 500,000 and 3 million times a year....

I have little doubt that ultimate liberal agenda is to reduce the number of guns in America. To achieve this ultimate goal would require the repeal of the Second Amendment. I am opposed to that.

But to deny that reducing guns reduces homicides is the height of arrogant stupidity. Our Canadian neighbors, and the developed nations of Europe, as well as the continent of Australia, have proven beyond all doubt that drastic bans on guns reduce the murder rate substantially.

Anyone who denies this simple fact is a liar. A deluded, stupid, arrogant, asshole, liar.

An assault weapons ban is not "confiscation of all guns".

Try again.

Gun confiscation is gun confiscation no matter how you slice it.
upload_2018-11-13_20-22-51.png

Try again.

Not allowing you to buy another assault rifle is not a seizure of the guns you already have, retard.

It isn't even a ban on the further sale of ALL guns. It is an ASSAULT WEAPONS ban. It does not ban handguns.

All caught up now?

Can any lover of guns explain the attraction of guns? I have a number of friends with guns and when we go through the "see my new gun" period I get bored and they just keep going on as if I'm a gun lover. And I remember basic training when we went into the barracks for the first time seems like half the trainees ran to the gun racks on the wall to touch the guns.

I win.

You fail.

You fail.

CDC ....

gun suicide....22,938

Gum murder...

You fail....

Fascinating.

How is quoting the exact statistics from the Centers for Disease Control a lie? And the 1.1 million defensive gun uses is also from the Centers for Disease Control....but you must like the number from the Department of Justice that puts defensive gun use at 1.5 million times a year....or maybe you prefer the obama, 2013 in depth, Centers for Disease Control research that put the existing research numbers at between 500,000 and 3 million times a year....
"As more Americans own and carry guns..." A lie.

"Britain....banned and confiscated guns, their gun crime rate has gone up, not down. Their violent crime rate is skyrocketing...." Another lie. And a lie of omission. I have busted you on this fucking bullshit so many times, and yet you keep repeating it. You are a fucking liar who knows he is lying. So fuck you.

that's not a joke or theory, those gun control laws are already on the books in some states.
They are the rules I agree with and abide by, which in part lead to our firearm homicide rate being a fraction of that of the US'.

We should remember that there are great swaths of this nation where the closest thing resembling law enforcement is dozens of miles away. Not having some means of active deterrence (and I do mean a firearm) is irresponsible given the world we live in today.

For 90%+ of the nation, it's completely unnecessary to arm one's self.

I have little doubt that ultimate liberal agenda is to reduce the number of guns in America. To achieve this ultimate goal would require the repeal of the Second Amendment. I am opposed to that.

But to deny that reducing guns reduces homicides is the height of arrogant stupidity. Our Canadian neighbors, and the developed nations of Europe, as well as the continent of Australia, have proven beyond all doubt that drastic bans on guns reduce the murder rate substantially.

Anyone who denies this simple fact is a liar. A deluded, stupid, arrogant, asshole, liar.

That is a lie..... their criminal culture does not commit murder...it has nothing to do with their access to guns...since their access to guns is increasing, after they banned and confiscated guns, while our gun murder rate is going down as more Americans own and actually carryg guns....

You are the liar, you have no grasp of what is actually happening because you are blinded by an anti-gun hatred....

Australia’s 1996 Gun Confiscation Didn’t Work | National Review

University of Melbourne researchers Wang-Sheng Lee and Sandy Suardi concluded their 2008 report on the matter with the statement, “There is little evidence to suggest that [the Australian mandatory gun-buyback program] had any significant effects on firearm homicides.”

“Although gun buybacks appear to be a logical and sensible policy that helps to placate the public’s fears,” the reported continued, “the evidence so far suggests that in the Australian context, the high expenditure incurred to fund the 1996 gun buyback has not translated into any tangible reductions in terms of firearm deaths.”

A 2007 report, “Gun Laws and Sudden Death: Did the Australian Firearms Legislation of 1996 Make a Difference?” by Jeanine Baker and Samara McPhedran similarly concluded that the buyback program did not have a significant long-term effect on the Australian homicide rate.

The Australian gun-homicide rate had already been quite low and had been steadily falling in the 15 years prior to the Port Arthur massacre. And while the mandatory buyback program did appear to reduce the rate of accidental firearm deaths, Baker and McPhedran found that “the gun buy-back and restrictive legislative changes had no influence on firearm homicide in Australia.”

=======

2007 report..

http://c3.nrostatic.com/sites/default/files/Baker and McPhedran 2007.pdf

Conclusions Examination of the long-term trends indicated that the only category of sudden death that may have been influenced by the introduction of the NFA was firearm suicide
------

However, this effect must be considered in light of the findings for suicide (non-firearm). Homicide patterns (firearm and non-firearm) were not influenced by the NFA, the conclusion being that the gun buy-back and restrictive legislative changes had no influence on firearm homicide in Australia. The introduction of the NFA appeared to have a negative effect on accidental firearm death. However, over the time period investigated, there was a relatively small number of accidental deaths per annum, with substantial variability. Any conclusions regarding the effect of the NFA on accidental firearm death should be approached with caution
-----

http://c8.nrostatic.com/sites/default/files/Lee and Suardi 2008.pdf

In this paper, we re-analyze the same data on firearm deaths used in previous research, using tests for unknown structural breaks as a means to identifying impacts of the NFA. The results of these tests suggest that the NFA did not have any large effects on reducing firearm homicide or suicide rates.
-------

6. Conclusion

This paper takes a closer look at the effects of the National Firearms Agreement on gun deaths. Using a battery of structural break tests, there is little evidence to suggest that it had any significant effects on firearm homicides and suicides. In addition, there also does not appear to be any substitution effects – that reduced access to firearms may have led those bent on committing homicide or suicide to use alternative methods.

Can any lover of guns explain the attraction of guns? I have a number of friends with guns and when we go through the "see my new gun" period I get bored and they just keep going on as if I'm a gun lover. And I remember basic training when we went into the barracks for the first time seems like half the trainees ran to the gun racks on the wall to touch the guns.

That’s a valid question, but I hope that’s not what you think this is about. It’s not about loving guns, it’s about protecting liberty. Personally I hate guns, I absolutely detest things like hunting, I hate violence and I am pretty much antiwar. BUT I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. And the more I sense the government trying to get rid of it, the more I believe we need to protect it.

Canada...

As Toronto’s tragedies mount is gun crime in Canada spiralling out of control?

As gun murders go up, other kinds of murder can go down
Canada marked a dubious milestone in 2016. That year, shootings pulled past stabbings as the number one method of killing someone in Canada: 223 people were shot to death, 175 were stabbed and the remaining 213 were killed by other means, include beating and strangulation.
----
Criminals using guns is going way up, but most violent crime is still gun-free

Police keep track of every time a criminal pulls a gun, points a gun or shoots a gun that misses. It’s essentially a running tally of every time that a gun is used for a crime without anybody getting hurt. And this number has been jumping precipitously ever since 2005. In 2017 there were 2,734 instances of someone “using, pointing or discharging” a firearm.

------

Gun violence isn't just a U.S. problem—and Canada isn't immune - Macleans.ca

Despite this and the persistently high rate of gun violence in many Canadian cities, gun violence still isn’t treated as a serious problem here. And when it’s discussed, much of the attention is focused on the city of Toronto. That’s not unreasonable; as of Oct. 2, Toronto has endured 297 shootings—an average of one shooting every day—which left 434 victims with varying degrees of injury in their wake. In terms of absolute numbers, no other Canadian city comes close to the number of shootings and shooting victims, and shootings in Toronto increased 41 per cent between 2015 and 2016; this year’s numbers are on par with the previous year’s, too.

Try again.

Not allowing you to buy another assault rifle is not a seizure of the guns you already have, retard.

It isn't even a ban on the further sale of ALL guns. It is an ASSAULT WEAPONS ban. It does not ban handguns.

All caught up now?

Americans don't own "Assault Weapons." They typically own civilian, semi automatic rifles.....you doofus.

It is no different from any other hobby that people have that other people don't care about....ever have someone show you their stamp collection? Or their Hummels?

Here is what idiots like 2aguy deliberately do not tell you:

Homicide rate UK: 0.92 per 100,000

Homicide rate US: 4.88 per 100,000

The US homicide rate is 5.3 TIMES HIGHER than the UK.

Gun homicide rate in Australia: 0.16 per 100,000

Gun homicide rate in US: 3.43.

21 times higher than Australia!

In the UK, after the gun ban, gun homicides briefly spiked, but has since declined to levels far lower than prior to when the ban was enacted.

Tards like 2aguy always post charts which stop at the spike. This is deliberate.

Forum List

Back