A Hawaii woman got 3 months in prison sentence just for taking classified docs to her hotel room...will Trump get 3 WEEKS in prison?

FBI agents searched Jerry Chun Shing Lee's hotel rooms in Hawaii & Virginia & found findings of two small books containing secret records.

She plead guilty to unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material. Trump as President had the authority to take documents to his home, as prior Presidents have.

This is more akin to Clinton, who didn't have the authority, she of course got a pass from the Obama regime

The artwork in this is actually pretty cool.

The content is stupid.
The content is humorous.

But until any of you guys want to talk about the very real differences, and I mean talk HONESTLY, without the usual emotional outbursts, then there’s no point in the “but her emails defense”. Again, we can have this conversation if you’re willing to be a grown up about it.

National Archives had already been in Trump's residence securing these classified documents ... or should we say "securing documents that were marked as classified" ... safes, locks and keys ... more than the average rich guy ...

That's different from a hotel room AND done on accident ...

Trump should get his wrist slapped ... and hopefully he'll be more diligent in the proper procedures for declassifying documents ... like scratching out the word "Secret" and the like ... no worst than Hillary ...

Anyone working with classified documents that IGNORANTLY walks off with one deserves three months in prison ...

FBI agents searched Jerry Chun Shing Lee's hotel rooms in Hawaii & Virginia & found findings of two small books containing secret records.

Did Clinton go to prison having top secret information stored in her home?

No.... Trump declassified all of the documents.... I don't care what libs say... he didn't have to ask a judge if he could and he didn't have to run it by Pelosi.... he has the right to declassify and not tell a soul.... Trump was the president of the United States not some Parish Counselman....

Sorry, but you're only half right. Those classified documents don't exist only on his desk, as there are other agencies that also hold that information, and yes, they need to be notified that the information has been declassified. Trump simply saying that he did so without any follow up trail to certify he did so means that he didn't do anything. He's just trying to say that he did so in an attempt to avoid jail. And, the sorry thing is, that most of his followers know nothing about classified material and believe him. Any person who has previously worked with classified material understands the process (I hope), and knows that Trump's claim he declassified them is bullshit.

Do lefties understand the difference between a defense employee and the president of the United States? Why not indict FBI agents for possession of classified documents?

If you are talking about the agents who took the documents that Trump had, that's a non starter. Why? Because just about everyone in the FBI has a security clearance of some kind, and, if they were picked to participate in the raid, you can be sure that the FBI would have made sure they had the required clearances to take possession of the material in question. I know that in the case of the military, anyone who was allowed access to classified information had their clearances verified to make sure they were qualified to see it before they were allowed into whatever job/access they were called to. I was a member of the PRP teams while I was in a squadron, and BEFORE I could go to training to learn the job, I had to pass a security clearance FIRST. Was real interesting when I went home on leave after I was accepted, because all my friends and family told me they'd been visited by nice people asking all sorts of questions about me to make sure I was qualified to hold a Top Secret clearance.

If you are talking about the agents who took the documents that Trump had, that's a non starter. Why? Because just about everyone in the FBI has a security clearance of some kind, and, if they were picked to participate in the raid, you can be sure that the FBI would have made sure they had the required clearances to take possession of the material in question. I know that in the case of the military, anyone who was allowed access to classified information had their clearances verified to make sure they were qualified to see it before they were allowed into whatever job/access they were called to. I was a member of the PRP teams while I was in a squadron, and BEFORE I could go to training to learn the job, I had to pass a security clearance FIRST. Was real interesting when I went home on leave after I was accepted, because all my friends and family told me they'd been visited by nice people asking all sorts of questions about me to make sure I was qualified to hold a Top Secret clearance.
I revealed this in a previous post.

While in Korea in 1964 I was a courier between my artillery battery and Division HQ, carrying "secret" level stuff back and forth. I only had a "confidential" clearance. At length it was discovered* and I was taken off that duty, but not until I had carried dozens of highly classified materials back and forth over a period of several weeks.

*I actually asked if I should be handling this material.

I had volunteered to help the battery clerk update training records as he was far behind (I could type). A battery clerk must have a "secret" clearance as he has access to lots of sensitive material. My guess is that my First Sargeant assumed that I also had such a clearance and so tasked me with the courier duty.

Not sure if any heads rolled over this.

Last edited:

The documents were not secured properly, were they? That is not the case if Trump truly had classified materials. He had a facility to secure them.

Forum List

Back