A Hawaii woman got 3 months in prison sentence just for taking classified docs to her hotel room...will Trump get 3 WEEKS in prison?

How many times did Republicans ask if a little person would be able to do what Hillary Clinton did and get away with it? The answer 17,041 times in Congressional hearings alone.

Now suddenly, the Democrats discovered that egalitarian principal also. Too bad they came around to the idea when it's about a person who had the power to classify and declassify the documents in the first place.

I mix Democrat tears with bourbon and it makes a great cocktail, especially crocodile tears.
You have a good point. Hillary as sec of state, was the agency head. And agency heads are given full classification/declassification authority over all the documents originating in their agency.

Since Clinton was sent state department classified documents, she could have done just like Trump and said that documents became declassified the moment they were put on her server.

Yet other presidents have never had a problem keeping their papers.
They don't take their papers with them. They are in the control of the National Archives, where ex-presidents can vist, and go through them. They may even take photocopies of them home, but the originals stay in the possession of the archives.

that’s not what the law states
Have you ever visited the county records building? You can't take your own documents from there, but you can look at them, and make copies. But the originals belong to the county NOT you.

um trump was dealing with the NA. As soon as they said stuff was missing he began working with them, and turned over 15 boxes. After that the xiden admin got involved. They could have taken what they want in June…that’s when he told them and they did come down and look around. It’s true and another hole in the stalinist narrative
First off, the 15 boxes were according to Trump "all the PRA" records he had. And in which the National Archives found he possessed documents marked classified.
The subject of Trump was negotiating, is like a criminal barricaded in a building and negotiating with the police.
Guess what. The police could decide the negotiations weren't going anywhere, after hours, not months, and call in the SWAT and sniper teams to put and end to the negotiations.

No.... Trump declassified all of the documents.... I don't care what libs say... he didn't have to ask a judge if he could and he didn't have to run it by Pelosi.... he has the right to declassify and not tell a soul.... Trump was the president of the United States not some Parish Counselman....
You have stated the truth

No.... Trump declassified all of the documents.... I don't care what libs say... he didn't have to ask a judge if he could and he didn't have to run it by Pelosi.... he has the right to declassify and not tell a soul.... Trump was the president of the United States not some Parish Counselman....
Your point, actually makes the opposite point.
A president has the absolute power to pardon, but if he doesn't tell anybody, the pardon never occurred.
The president can grant clemency, and again, if he tells nobody, the clemency never occured.
The president as commander in chief, has the sole authority to send the troops into battle. But if he doesn't tell anybody, the troops never go into battle.

Every other presidential power, even those specifically enumerated in Article 2 of the Constitution, require the president to make the proper notifications to invoke those powers.

They don't take their papers with them. They are in the control of the National Archives, where ex-presidents can vist, and go through them. They may even take photocopies of them home, but the originals stay in the possession of the archives.
Clinton took tapes from the white house of all his conversations and hid them in his sock drawer. Obama took papers from the Whitehouse

If Trump declassified them, it would have made the news. Trump declassified crossfire hurricane documents, and that made the news. Such a large mass of documents being declassified would not have been able to be kept quiet.

You have a good point. Hillary as sec of state, was the agency head. And agency heads are given full classification/declassification authority over all the documents originating in their agency.

Since Clinton was sent state department classified documents, she could have done just like Trump and said that documents became declassified the moment they were put on her server.
She never said did.

Example number 7,433 of Hillary not being as smart as Trump. At least, she was very smart to trust that the deepstate would never prosecute her. I doubt she was surprised by the plotting of Agents Strzok, and his bosses to keep her out of trouble.

First off, the 15 boxes were according to Trump "all the PRA" records he had. And in which the National Archives found he possessed documents marked classified.
The subject of Trump was negotiating, is like a criminal barricaded in a building and negotiating with the police.
Guess what. The police could decide the negotiations weren't going anywhere, after hours, not months, and call in the SWAT and sniper teams to put and end to the negotiations.
They never did that with Hillary, who also negotiated while destroying the requested documents. I guess in that way, she certainly did outsmart Trump.

If he had been smart enough to be a fellow traveler with the deepstate, it would have never happened.

Clinton took tapes from the white house of all his conversations and hid them in his sock drawer. Obama took papers from the Whitehouse
Those tape were in his sock drawer for a reason, they were private conversations between Clinton and a reporter, and were deemed to be private records, not presidential records.

As for the Obama records, they went to Chicago with the National Archives. Obama lives in Washington DC.

Anyone else would be in Leavenworth making big rocks into small rocks. But to the MAGAt-GOP, trump is above the law.
Untrue and let me be factual no President would be in Prison unless you can prove he sold those secrets for his benefit to nations like Russia, China or North Korea.

She never said did.

Example number 7,433 of Hillary not being as smart as Trump. At least, she was very smart to trust that the deepstate would never prosecute her. I doubt she was surprised by the plotting of Agents Strzok, and his bosses to keep her out of trouble.
Trump never said it either until AFTER he left office.
In fact those that would have carried out such an order have all said they had no knowledge of the policy.
Chiefs of staff, white house attorneys, national security advisors, even the attorney general. None of them knew of any such policy.

If Trump declassified them, it would have made the news. Trump declassified crossfire hurricane documents, and that made the news. Such a large mass of documents being declassified would not have been able to be kept quiet.

Those tape were in his sock drawer for a reason, they were private conversations between Clinton and a reporter, and were deemed to be private records, not presidential records.

As for the Obama records, they went to Chicago with the National Archives. Obama lives in Washington DC.
But they belonged to the archives
Make all the excuse you want all presidents take things from the white house Clintons took antique furniture

Untrue and let me be factual no President would be in Prison unless you can prove he sold those secrets for his benefit to nations like Russia, China or North Korea.
The mere act of theft of government property is enough to land a president in prison. That's why in all cases of a president claiming government property as personal, the property was either returned to the National Archives, or purchased at the full retail price.

Trump wanted it out that he declassified the Crossfire Hurricane documents... the point the guy made on CNN is he doesn't have to tell anyone... I didn't know that until I heard this guy say it... and he was introduced as an advisor to outgoing presidents... Maybe Trump should have hired this guy...lol

But they belonged to the archives
Make all the excuse you want all presidents take things from the white house Clintons took antique furniture
The tapes were ruled to be Clintons personal property, and were properly segregated from his presidential records.
Obama's papers were under the possession of the National Archives that sent them to Chicago.

You should check that your talking points have all been refuted long agol

Your point, actually makes the opposite point.
A president has the absolute power to pardon, but if he doesn't tell anybody, the pardon never occurred.
The president can grant clemency, and again, if he tells nobody, the clemency never occured.
The president as commander in chief, has the sole authority to send the troops into battle. But if he doesn't tell anybody, the troops never go into battle.

Every other presidential power, even those specifically enumerated in Article 2 of the Constitution, require the president to make the proper notifications to invoke those powers.
We are not talking about pardons... don't argue with me call CNN and ask them.... I didn't know this until I heard it said this morning....

Forum List

Back