A look back at why we're such a divided country

Yes Republicans were not down at all for gov't healthcare. That's all Obama wanted. And saying Obama "worked" with them is a joke. Saying "take this or we'll shove it down your throats" is not exactly "working with" a party.
Except that Democrats started crafting the bill with a handful of Republicans.

Then the Republican leadership told these brave souls that attempting to work with Obama would endanger their seats so they backed out. That’s the kind of atmosphere that Republicans have promoted ever since Obama had the audacity to get elected.

Oh, and calling it government healthcare is stupid hyperbole because the ACA was founded on market based health coverage which originated from the Heritage Foundation.
The ACA was designed to fail.

I guess you don’t understand what it means to be a Republic. Perhaps you’d favor a direct democracy?
Expecting the gop swamp rat to represent the wishes of his voters is the small r republican way

under direct democracy we would not need swamp rats in washington

Let’s use the rhetoric of Republicans to describe their own behavior.

Birtherism was a coup attempt against Obama. An effort to remove a duly elected President from office.
He would be an illegal president if not born in the USA, not that complicated

I guess you don’t understand what it means to be a Republic. Perhaps you’d favor a direct democracy?
Expecting the gop swamp rat to represent the wishes of his voters is the small r republican way

under direct democracy we would not need swamp rats in washington
Apparently you don’t think we need elected representatives since they’re supposed to be passive conduits for their constituents.

Now you’re trying to have your republic and eat it too.

Actually no it isn’t. Democrats don’t come out and say it(yet), but clearly their policies support it. It isn’t a straw man, it is common sense. When they support policies that encourage illegal immigration(sanctuary cities, free healthcare, drivers license’s), etc. it should be clear.

You can end the illegal problem in ten minutes merely by going after the white people who hire them.

We won't. Too many rich white people need undocumented labor, and too many white consumers are all too happy to reap the benefits of cheap lettuce and getting a truckload of day laborers to finish your home improvement project.
LOL most illegal Hispanics are likely employed by other Hispanics.
I say they’re employed by rich assholes like this guy.
LOL if true those guys were not hired by evil Trump. They get hired by sub contractors who get engaged by property management folks. Nobody should be posting articles where WaPo is the source.

Yes Republicans were not down at all for gov't healthcare. That's all Obama wanted. And saying Obama "worked" with them is a joke. Saying "take this or we'll shove it down your throats" is not exactly "working with" a party.

Then the Republican leadership told these brave souls that attempting to work with Obama would endanger their seats so they backed out. That’s the kind of atmosphere that Republicans have promoted ever since Obama had the audacity to get elected.

Oh, and calling it government healthcare is stupid hyperbole because the ACA was founded on market based health coverage which originated from the Heritage Foundation.
False. It was designed to expand.

I want nothing more than to get away from employer based health insurance. The ACA could have done this.

Apparently you don’t think we need elected representatives since they’re supposed to be passive conduits for their constituents.
I dont think they are there to ignore the wishes of the voters

thats what we have a Deep State for

The individual mandate. It was a feature of both the Heritage Foundation proposal of the 1990's, and RomneyCare in Massachusetts in 2004.
screw the Heritage Foundation

they write a stupid little white paper that no one read and that obligates me to go along with obamacare?

dont make me laugh
Heritage Foundation proposed an alternative to Hillarycare in the 1990s. It was endorsed by Republicans at the time.

Democrats used much of the recommendations in adopting Obamacare
Unlike your party republicans do not march in lockstep

finding a few to endorse a heritage foundation healthcare plan would not be difficult

but that does not commit me to support obamacare now
Move those goalposts

The original claim was Obamacare did not include any input from Republicans.

Now, you claim EVERY Republican did not support those health proposals

Obama showed his birth certificate before the election.
NO he didnt

it took him 2 years of stalling to post something on the internet
June 2008.

Didn’t stop the coup.

I want nothing more than to get away from employer based health insurance. The ACA could have done this.
Why?

Many people have had money stolen from them with increased insurance rates and the penalty. That will never be forgotten. The younger people who backed all of this did not even purchase the insurance. If the government can not control the price increases behind the scenes then eventually medical coverage will be rationed.

Obama showed his birth certificate before the election.
NO he didnt

it took him 2 years of stalling to post something on the internet
June 2008.

Didn’t stop the coup.
It was a Hillary supporter who started it, and she got fired because of it.

I dont think they are there to ignore the wishes of the voters

thats what we have a Deep State for
They are to represent their interests. You want a direct democracy, get a direct democracy. Until then we are a Republic.

The original claim was Obamacare did not include any input from Republicans.
I still claim that

hanging a couple of RINO heads on the wall does not mean they were anything other than just trophies

Forum List

Back