A look back at why we're such a divided country

They are to represent their interests.
So you believe the repubs wanted obamacare but were just afraid of angering their base?

if so I hope that never changes
No, I’m claiming that Republicans had a chance to participate, declined and convinced you it never happened because it’s better for them politically that you hate Democrats even if the reasons are false.

Obama showed his birth certificate before the election.
NO he didnt

it took him 2 years of stalling to post something on the internet
June 2008.

Didn’t stop the coup.
It was a Hillary supporter who started it, and she got fired because of it.
“They started it” hasn’t worked as an excuse since the third grade.

Grow up.

They are to represent their interests.
So you believe the repubs wanted obamacare but were just afraid of angering their base?

if so I hope that never changes
No, I’m claiming that Republicans had a chance to participate, declined and convinced you it never happened because it’s better for them politically that you hate Democrats even if the reasons are false.
Why would they want to participate in something that the left had a majority in?

NO he didnt

June 2008.

Didn’t stop the coup.

Grow up.
Deflection all you have from the facts?

NO he didnt

June 2008.

Didn’t stop the coup.

Grow up.
Deflection is what you already did by accusing some nameless Clinton supporter who may or may not exist.

NO he didnt

June 2008.

Didn’t stop the coup.

Grow up.
Deflection is what you already did by accusing some nameless Clinton supporter who may or may not exist.
Nameless?

Your on a political massage board and don't even know about the facts?

One was a volunteer in Iowa, who was fired, Clinton's former campaign manager said Friday. The other was Clinton confidant Sidney Blumenthal, according to a former McClatchy Washington Bureau chief.

Obama actually tried working with Republicans on healthcare reform but Republicans decided they would not work with him no matter what.

Just a little bit of history that Republicans like to forget.

Like hell Obama tried working with Republicans. Here’s history you people forget. Upon entering office, Obama told Republicans they could come along but they “would have to ride in the back”. Other memorable and verifiable quotes:

- “Bring a gun to a knife fight”
- “Punish our enemies and reward our friends.”

Obama and his minions like you envision working with Republicans as “Agree and align with me, or else...”

Upon entering office, Obama told Republicans they could come along but they “would have to ride in the back”. Other memorable and verifiable quotes:
That quote came from October 2010, nearly two years after taking office.

NO he didnt

June 2008.

Didn’t stop the coup.

Grow up.
Nameless?

Your on a political massage board and don't even know about the facts?

One was a volunteer in Iowa, who was fired, Clinton's former campaign manager said Friday. The other was Clinton confidant Sidney Blumenthal, according to a former McClatchy Washington Bureau chief.
This is irrelevant.

It started in the 60s. When Cloward and Piven wrote their manifesto it gave communists a roadmap to drag democrats into full blown communism. They have been working on it for all these years.

Upon entering office, Obama told Republicans they could come along but they “would have to ride in the back”. Other memorable and verifiable quotes:
That quote came from October 2010, nearly two years after taking office.

The core point is you are trying to paint Obama as a Uniter and a President who could work with people across the aisle. That is a fallacy. Obama struggled to get along with people in his own party.

The core point is you are trying to paint Obama as a Uniter and a President who could work with people across the aisle. That is a fallacy. Obama struggled to get along with people in his own party.
I think he had big aspirations but was quickly burned by Republicans who made it 100% clear that any cooperation with Obama was going to result in problems for them.

oh... I don't know but maybe it's the amplification and misusage of terms such as:

racism
homophobia
xenophobia
toxic masculinity
sexist
misognist

maybe it's the left going as far left as they have with marxism, anti-free speech and their blatant fascism on display.

maybe it's the amplification of blacks being killed by cops yet ignoring the statistics of actual murder rate vs whites being killed by cops.

maybe it's all the lies the left are tossing around.

maybe it's the complicity in the media helping amplify this message

maybe it's the virtue signaling of the young white suburban females and males that come into the city and destroy a town that they doin't even belong to

There is hope thou. The Portland Mayor is finally condemning ANTIFA. Maybe the idiocy is finally reached its' peak.

In my 20+ years in politics I've never seen the country this divided. It didn't get this way overnight, something had to cause it.

In my opinion, NOTHING any president has done has been as divisive to the country as when Obama forced Obamacare down our throats along partisan lines. That drove a wedge between the two parties and republicans said if we ever get back control we will NOT cooperate or negotiate with liberals. And they stuck to their word.

Even the Gulf War was bi partisan with many democrats voting yes.

Nothing Clinton or Reagan did was along party lines like that.

Neither Bush did anything partisan like that.

It was Obama and Obama only. After Obama, republicans didn't care what democrats thought. Why? Because democrats already showed they didn't care about half the nation when they shoved Obamacare down their throats.

So I would have to lay the blame of division in this country solely on the lap of the democrats and Obama.

That is so much garbage. Republicans made it clear from day one that they swould not work swith Obama. The Merrick Garland nomination was the epitome of the Republican attempts to deny Obama anything. The divisiveness started with Republicans.

Last edited:
In my 20+ years in politics I've never seen the country this divided. It didn't get this way overnight, something had to cause it.

In my opinion, NOTHING any president has done has been as divisive to the country as when Obama forced Obamacare down our throats along partisan lines. That drove a wedge between the two parties and republicans said if we ever get back control we will NOT cooperate or negotiate with liberals. And they stuck to their word.

It was Obama and Obama only. After Obama, republicans didn't care what democrats thought. Why? Because democrats already showed they didn't care about half the nation when they shoved Obamacare down their throats.

So I would have to lay the blame of division in this country solely on the lap of the democrats and Obama.
100% correct! Obama fanned the flames of Racism, hatred of police, bashing the successful as well as jamming through his "Affordable Health Care" fraud. And now even years after he left the White House, he and his man wife continue to divide America.

Obama actually tried working with Republicans on healthcare reform but Republicans decided they would not work with him no matter what.

Just a little bit of history that Republicans like to forget.

Yes Republicans were not down at all for gov't healthcare. That's all Obama wanted. And saying Obama "worked" with them is a joke. Saying "take this or we'll shove it down your throats" is not exactly "working with" a party.

Obamacare was not government run healtghcare. That is a myth. Obama reached out to more moderarte senators such as Susan Collins and then senator Olympia Snowe. Republican pressure forced them to back out.

One of O'bummers legacies is under his leading we were divided into two parts, racists (e.g. "deplorables") and come to our safe spaces or else. The racist business is just a projection of course, it's the accuser who plays the game.

Fuck leftists. We're divided alright, their doctrine can kiss it's own ass.

Forum List

Back