A new requirement to be President of the United States.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
In order to qualify to run for President of the United States - a candidate must have the intelligence and cognitive ability to successfully be a Walmart cashier for one day without any help.
If they don't have the cranial capacity to be a damn checkout cashier unassisted - they can't run for President.

This might be tongue in cheek... but it is really sad that the current President, in no way, would be able to do it.

How did we get to this point? And don;t tell me about "Orange man bad" - he is not President.

You might be asking for too much.

R.6976ce008dbdd635fe8347bdf37f22fe

R.16d6b87b887bfa69bab31a5c7549cafb

ce48c43c9a53238c39715d9e4aab48fa.jpg

In order to qualify to run for President of the United States - a candidate must have the intelligence and cognitive ability to successfully be a Walmart cashier for one day without any help.
If they don't have the cranial capacity to be a damn checkout cashier unassisted - they can't run for President.

This might be tongue in cheek... but it is really sad that the current President, in no way, would be able to do it.

How did we get to this point? And don;t tell me about "Orange man bad" - he is not President.
LOL. Whelp. If that's the bar. Then the Orange Man dug a hole, shoved the bar into the dirt, and jumped on top of it until the bar was even lower.
I don't think the SC could have come up with a better definition of the term "abortion". We lived it for four years. :auiqs.jpg:

Biden vs Trump. Not even a mildly difficult choice in all but the most feeble of minds.
Biden is old, gaffe prone, and lies when it suits him. Typical career politician. But I know he is actually interested in being President.
And....that is light years from a constantly lying, corrupt, grifting, pep rally holding wannabe who has no interest in the job.

You're right. Trump isn't President. But you members of Alt-Right Nation are going to blame Biden regardless (even if most of the issues began and were exacerbated by your savior).

Our issues come from a majority of voting population who aren't invested in learning about the issues we face, or the difficult steps we must take to solve these issues.
They're happy to turn on Fox, OANN, or Newsmax, put their brains on autopilot and let the klaxxons dictate and direct their outrage. :)

I do think the candidates should be able to pass a Mini-Mental Exam consisting of 30 very easy questions. Missing ONE question, given how simple they are, should be grounds for exclusion.

Plus, the test should be given annually to any sitting president.

In order to qualify to run for President of the United States - a candidate must have the intelligence and cognitive ability to successfully be a Walmart cashier for one day without any help. If they don't have the cranial capacity to be a damn checkout cashier unassisted - they can't run for President.

DAMN -- -- Hillary squeaks thru by a whisker.

Walmart-greeters.jpg

I like it. Half the candidates would be disqualified.

Every candidate for any public office needs to take a MoCA.

How did we get to this point?

1. A political/electoral "system" that motivates and rewards the worst impulses of its participants
2. A collective willingness to drop our standards and expectations across the board
3. A childlike tribalism that is infecting more and more of this country day by day
4. An abject refusal to honestly look in the mirror and hold our tribes accountable

There is no individual to blame for this. This is a group effort, and a slow motion suicide.

The last president could not have done it either.

Which means I love the idea, neither of them could have been POTUS

We agree on many things we disagree on many things but on this we agree wholeheartedly.

When the founding fathers originally set up the selection process the types of individuals that were available for the selection were all educated, experienced and successful.

You are Absolutely correct. There needs to be a more complete selection process.
I've often said that nobody who puts in that paperwork should be allowed to do so unless they have multiple degrees including economics, humanities and socio-political science.

The past 35 years of POTUS people has produced a parade of absolute clowns to go out and deal with other world leaders many of whom are world class scholars. I mean the cringe Factor here is just embarrassing.

Low expectations are the bane of American politics.

If we just stopped and asked ourselves as we look at the fucking buffoons that hold elected offices in all levels of government, "Is this really the best we can do?" maybe people will start electing better politicians.

But I sure won't hold my breath while waiting for that epiphany to dawn on anyone.

Forum List

Back