A Question For Mormons

So Mormons only stopped the practice of polygamy because it's against the law? How many profits of God does the Mormon Church have? Joseph Smith died in 1844.
No they stopped it because God commanded it be stopped. Every President of the Church is a Prophet of God.

Is the president of the church elected?

no he is called by prophesy as Aaron was

Then, I'm curious to know, how does the President convince others he was called to be the President?

I'm curious to know how many President/prophets the Mormon church has? I did a quick search and didn't find any info.
There is one President and he has a Quorum of 12 to advise him.

Our leader of the Church is a Prophet of God, that means God can talk to or inspire him through direct action, In 1890 God commanded that the Church obey the laws of the land in which it was a part. Polygamy was forbidden in the US. The Bible states that Jesus said Give unto Ceasar that which is his and give unto God that which is his. This command directly relates to that.

So Mormons only stopped the practice of polygamy because it's against the law? How many profits of God does the Mormon Church have? Joseph Smith died in 1844.
No they stopped it because God commanded it be stopped. Every President of the Church is a Prophet of God.

Then, I'm curious to know, how does the President convince others he was called to be the President?

he doesn't have to convince anyone. When the president dies, the First Presidency is dissolved and leadership reverts to the quorum of the twelve. Upon which they retain power until the First Presidency is reorganized with the president of the twelve as the new president of the church.

essentially they are called by prophesy into the quorum of the twelve and outlive everyone else. It's how the Lord has revealed it. There is no politicking. No strife. It's a simple process.

if president Monson died today president packer would be the president. Elder Perry would be president of the twelve and no one would think twice about it.

Imagine you're 18 years old putting your life on hold for two years to serve God. Sent to a foreign country or another part of the country having to wear a white shirt and black tie and ride a bike. How many churches do that?

They aren't *sent*. They choose to go.

And it's the making of most of them. Think of it like Peace Corps, only they don't have to be communists to participate.

They often work part time jobs to save money to prepare for complete financial self reliance for those two year missions.

These young men and women are remarkable.

Few young people without this kind of experience have the same emotional maturity as those who have served missions.
It's why I figured that Mitt Romney was a decent guy and a hard worker. He spent 2 years in France as a missionary. Total dedication.

I'm curious to know how many President/prophets the Mormon church has? I did a quick search and didn't find any info.
There is one President and he has a Quorum of 12 to advise him.

Thank you.

I am curious of why Anne Frank and Daniel Pear were baptized posthumously, even after signing a pact with the Jewish community saying it wouldn't be done? What was the purpose, since it was clearly upsetting for some Holocaust survivors?

Imagine you're 18 years old putting your life on hold for two years to serve God. Sent to a foreign country or another part of the country having to wear a white shirt and black tie and ride a bike. How many churches do that?

And it's the making of most of them. Think of it like Peace Corps, only they don't have to be communists to participate.

They often work part time jobs to save money to prepare for complete financial self reliance for those two year missions.

Few young people without this kind of experience have the same emotional maturity as those who have served missions.
It's why I figured that Mitt Romney was a decent guy and a hard worker. He spent 2 years in France as a missionary. Total dedication.

I don't think he has a shred on integrity. He'll flip flop and will tell you whatever you want to hear, depending on the crowd.

Last edited:

I don't think he has a shred on integrity. He'll flip flop and tell you whatever you want to hear, depending on the crowd.

A liberal is speaking about integrity? I'm wiping tears from my eyes at the utter absurdity of the notion.

I don't think he has a shred on integrity. He'll flip flop and tell you whatever you want to hear, depending on the crowd.

A liberal is speaking about integrity? I'm wiping tears from my eyes at the utter absurdity of the notion.

I betcha I could find more flip flops from Mitt Romney, than you can find on me....

I betcha I could find more flip flops from Mitt Romney, than you can find on me....

Maybe, but I bet you I can find more totalitarianism from you than from Mitt.

Okay, go for it.

Should I have to serve a homosexual customer in a bakery I own? I want to exercise my right to not associate with such a person.

I would expect you to respect our laws.

You must kneel and bow towards Mecca. This is the law and because it is the law you must obey it. Never mind that nonsense about your human rights.

Hiding your totalitarianism behind the skirts of the law is pretty weak. Dred Scott was also precedent for law.

Okay, go for it.

Should I have to serve a homosexual customer in a bakery I own? I want to exercise my right to not associate with such a person.

You must kneel and bow towards Mecca. This is the law and because it is the law you must obey it. Never mind that nonsense about your human rights.

Hiding your totalitarianism behind the skirts of the law is pretty weak. Dred Scott was also precedent for law.

It's a shame that you don't respect our laws. That's very anti-American, if you ask me.

Okay, go for it.

It's a shame that you don't respect our laws. That's very anti-American, if you ask me.

Let's pass a law banning all abortions. I expect you to remain silent and to urge all women to comply with the law.

Okay, go for it.

Having all the believers of your religion kneel and pray in the same direction is an ingenious and excellent method of generating Mana for God/ Allah.

They are directing all that Mana to a single point, which exponentially amplifies it.

YHWH must be proud.

you don't have to flip flop to tell a lie. Nor do you need to always keep the same position to tell the truth.

so the argument you are making isn't persuasive

post #54. Mormons cannot honestly answer those.

if they hadn't been answered decades ago, you might have a point. But since you aren't even curious enough to look up honest answers why should we waste our time and expect you to give anyone a fair shot.

Okay, go for it.

should the Jews have respected the Nazis laws? Should Indians have respected British laws? Should mlk Jr have respected southern laws?

when laws and governments are unjust, the righteous go to jail.

Forum List

Back