A record 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August, led by food and retail industries

Ok and? Just because there is fraud somewhere out there does not mean that people that quit are eligible for unemployment.
where did I EVER USE THE WORD eligible?

I simply said it happens. Several said it doesn't. They are wrong. The end.

Yes, fraud happens, but no, you are not legally eligible, which is what was asked.

Clear enough?
show me the word "eligible" in post #4.

look, maybe you misunderstood me. that's fine. I did NOT misunderstand the question in post #4. I answered it just like I read it.

Clear enough?

show me the word "eligible" in post #4.

look, maybe you misunderstood me. that's fine. I did NOT misunderstand the question in post #4. I answered it just like I read it.

Clear enough?

The person I was replying to before you threw in your 2 cents was asking about eligibility, not fraudulent claims.

Time to let it go bud.

The person asked about eligibility, not fraudulent claims.
again READ THE POST.

show me the word eligibility? I'll wait.

If his post had read

"Are people who quit eligible for benefits" my answer would have been much different.

So you believe businesses hire people they don’t need? All my years of owning businesses and being in management, I can’t think of hiring a person I didn’t need.
Maybe initforme was referring to governmental advisory boards having its own advisory board. Recently, a particular government agency was failing so the governmental solution? Double up and create an advisory agency over the crappy agency. Lol Now that’s really smart and is a fine example of too many employees doing “jobs” that if done right, would be handled by ONE agency, not creating oversight. Alas, the idiocy continues on in the White House.

That's been my question, what 'better job'? For example, if you were in the restaurant industry prior to the pandemic, what 'better job' are they qualified to do if they haven't completed a degree of some kind, or gotten some other kind of job training? Their money to live has to be coming from somewhere, but I haven't seen any statistics that support a shift of employment from one sector to another that would explain it.
What’s happening in my area that I know about first-hand is that new hires, particularly in the labor sector, expect not to work for a paycheck. That is the bottom line. Many city and town public works departments are relying on temporary services to fulfill part/time positions through temporary companies. The part-time employees are paid less until they prove themselves a good employee and are hired full-time. Guess what’s changed over the past 10 years? Before, part-timers were willing to put in the time knowing they’d be rewarded with a good paying job and full benefits within a year and 6 months or less for exceptional workers. Now, in 2021 part time hires are not willing to stick around because they say the work is too hard for less pay. They see the full-time employees making about double, and they feel entitled to the same pay. Insurance benefits can be substantial yet they knowingly give that up because it’s too hard to get there. Many slackers are in the mix who don’t expect to work and expect to be able to call in every week and still have a job. Somehow they are rewarded to not work. They often sleep on friends couches etc. and not planning to improve just do enough to get by.

I have no problem with hard-working migrants who come into our country willing to work hard and have a dedicated work ethic comparable to our average American work force 20 years back. Longer than that for certain areas. About 10 years ago, I read how the US is going to need (at the time primarily Mexican migrants) to be a large part of our working populace to support all of the mostly old, white people who will be in nursing homes because our Medicare system would be down in the ground and medicaid in the tank as well. It hasn’t happened yet, according to that article’s time reference of 2050 as I recall, and I expect that it will.

Last edited:
What’s happening in my area that I know about first-hand is that new hires, particularly in the labor sector, expect not to work for a paycheck. That is the bottom line. Many city and town public works departments are relying on temporary services to fulfill part/time positions through temporary companies. The part-time employees are paid less until they prove themselves a good employee and are hired full-time. Guess what’s changed over the past 10 years? Before, part-timers were willing to put in the time knowing they’d be rewarded with a good paying job and full benefits within a year and 6 months or less for exceptional workers. Now, in 2021 part time hires are not willing to stick around because they say the work is too hard for less pay. They see the full-time employees making about double, and they feel entitled to the same pay. Insurance benefits can be substantial yet they knowingly give that up because it’s too hard to get there. Many slackers are in the mix who don’t expect to work and expect to be able to call in every week and still have a job. Somehow they are rewarded to not work. They often sleep on friends couches etc. and not planning to improve just do enough to get by.

I have no problem with hard-working migrants who come into our country willing to work hard and have a dedicated work ethic comparable to our average American work force 20 years back. Longer than that for certain areas. About 10 years ago, I read how the US is going to need (at the time primarily Mexican migrants) to be a large part of our working populace to support all of the mostly old, white people who will be in nursing homes because our Medicare system would be down in the ground and medicaid in the tank as well. It hasn’t happened yet, according to that article’s time reference of 2050 as I recall, and I expect that it will.
1634245503926.png

Your profile is closed to me so I'm just going to put this here...

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back