A record 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August, led by food and retail industries

The unemployment rate is misleading because the 4.3m that quit don't get to sign up for unemployment.
A better metric is the "Participation Rate" which shows those who are employed. September dropped slightly as we would expect with so many leaving their job.

View attachment 551243
Bouncing 0.1% is hardly a meaningful change.

Saying they quit is also misleading as it doesn’t say whether they quit for a new job or quit to quit. It would appear the vast vast majority quit for a new job and the article mentions that.

Bouncing 0.1% is hardly a meaningful change.

Saying they quit is also misleading as it doesn’t say whether they quit for a new job or quit to quit. It would appear the vast vast majority quit for a new job and the article mentions that.
That would actually make some sense. Unemployment fell even though govt workers were reduced. I've read that biz hires are hindered simply by not having qualified applicants. So as jobs open (even more slowly than we'd like) workers who took service jobs despite being overqualified will be changing jobs.

JackOfNoTrades
Nothing conspiratorial about it. China is to blame for the pandemic. If they had locked their country down the rest of the world wouldn't have had to deal with their virus.

Once it hit our shores nothing would top it. Didn't matter who was in the WH. Who said what or who did what people were going to die.

It was a pandemic shit for brains.

That would actually make some sense. Unemployment fell even though govt workers were reduced. I've read that biz hires are hindered simply by not having qualified applicants. So as jobs open (even more slowly than we'd like) workers who took service jobs despite being overqualified will be changing jobs.
To be clear, labor participation rate is down like 2% from the beginning of pandemic.

But the causes are so varied. Some people just wanted to protect their health. Some were burned out. Some want to work but can’t find childcare.

What's taking place is quasi-communism where the middle class and small business are wiped out. This to the left elite represents progress.

The more resources controlled by the fewest among us is the goal. Saw this coming 40 years ago. What's happening is the mega-wealthy & govt. are going to take care of the common by throwing them a bone now & again. Just sit down, watch Netflix, smoke your dope and shut the fuck up.

That is the goal, and add the more confused & chaotic things are the more power they have.

They also have climate change well up their asses they don't even recognize it's a lie. So if you're sitting the fuck down watching Netflix it means you're not in your car passing gas. Someday common won't even need transportation, and that's just how the left elite likes it.

Last edited:
To be clear, labor participation rate is down like 2% from the beginning of pandemic.

But the causes are so varied. Some people just wanted to protect their health. Some were burned out. Some want to work but can’t find childcare.
And we are retiring faster than we're being replaced, I believe. Immigration NOW anyone?

And we are retiring faster than we're being replaced, I believe. Immigration NOW anyone?
I think a huge part is older people who don’t really need to work anymore taking retirement before COVID or stress kills them.

But it would be interesting to see drop in LFPR broken down by age category.

So he/she quit his job and filed for UE benefits under your name. So you know this person actually quit their job and did this?
MAGA
I know that I quit my last job. And they are getting benefits from MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. So it doesn't MATTER WHAT THEY DID. THEY HAVE ASSUMED MY IDENTITY.

So I know I QUIT MY JOB AND MY SOCIAL IS BEING USED TO GET UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

MAGA

I know that I quit my last job. And they are getting benefits from MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. So it doesn't MATTER WHAT THEY DID. THEY HAVE ASSUMED MY IDENTITY.

So I know I QUIT MY JOB AND MY SOCIAL IS BEING USED TO GET UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

MAGA

So they were getting these benefits before you quit your job. The scam happened before you actually quit. Sounds like you need to get ahold of the people running your state since that is where your benefits come from.

Hope this clears up the confusion!!!
MAGA MAGA MOTHER TRUCKER

So they were getting these benefits before you quit your job. The scam happened before you actually quit. Sounds like you need to get ahold of the people running your state since that is where your benefits come from.

Hope this clears up the confusion!!!
MAGA MAGA MOTHER TRUCKER
sigh. again you are incorrect.

I retired (quit my last job) several years ago DIP SHIT.
The benefits started being stolen this year.

so keep trying dumb ass.

MAGA

relevance?
Specific criteria for unemployment benefits and enforcement is on state level.

Generally speaking you are not eligible for unemployment if you quit or were fired. Only if you were laid off are you qualified for unemployment benefits.

Criteria for unemployment benefits and enforcement thereof is on state level.
your point?

my only contention is that fraud is happening and I have PROOF of it. INDISPUTABLE PROOF. Whether is state, federal, global, galaxial or what the fuck ever.

Its happening and the left just claims its not possible.

I suppose now its ONLY possible at the state level, and the child tax credit is safe because it could NEVER happen to the feds.

:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back