🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A revolt is growing as more people refuse to pay back student loans

Spends a lot more time fishing, and his team has made the college national tournament!!

So now colleges have fishing teams??? As i said before - colleges should be STEM only. No sports and no liberal arts crap.
Yale had a deep sea fishing team as far back as the '50's.

My son needs money management, not STEM.

He can hire the STEM types to manage the oil wells and run the ranches scientifically.

It used to be that people who graduated high school with no idea what they wanted to do joined the military. That gave them a directed break between kid and grown up.

Everyone has a brain stem, but, not everyone has a STEM brain.

Exactly why most people should not go to college. If you're a stupid verbal who can't do math then you should be picking crops. That means only 20% of men should go to college. 10% of women. .0001% of blacks.

Yale had a deep sea fishing team as far back as the '50's.

My son needs money management, not STEM.

He can hire the STEM types to manage the oil wells and run the ranches scientifically.

MBA is a type of STEM , at least in my book. They have decent math skills.

the WashintonCompost is telling people to IGNORE their obligations and just tell everyone who paid for theirs to.......... FUCK OFF.

what a disgusting paper and the REVOLT should be against THEM and people not putting money in their pockets for crap they put out
It should go as well as your American Spring. :banana::banana:
There should be no student loans at all. Maybe if enough people refuse to pay the whole program will be scrapped.

Then the idiots can demand new car loan forgiveness.
New car is a want Education is a need if you want a decent life. Only right wing republicans would PUNISH people for wanting to be educated. They end up like Stephanie for christ sakes!
hard to imagine a paper would print something so irresponsible and reprehensible to you and our country.

revolt against buying that pos rag
Nice capitals. :D
I am very proud. People should not be forced to pay for an education. We pay enough in taxes we can all afford free education.
Responsibility and honoring your word. Two things Odium is against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wrong as usual. Its called taking a righteous stand against right wing hatred of being educated. :) So.:fu:

Nobody FORCED them to go study basket weaving or how to become a radical community agitator.... and nobody FORCED them to take out a loan off the backs of the taxpayers

what a loser

the WashintonCompost is telling people to IGNORE their obligations and just tell everyone who paid for theirs to.......... FUCK OFF.

what a disgusting paper and the REVOLT should be against THEM and people not putting money in their pockets for crap they put out
There should be no student loans at all. Maybe if enough people refuse to pay the whole program will be scrapped.

New car is a want Education is a need if you want a decent life. Only right wing republicans would PUNISH people for wanting to be educated. They end up like Stephanie for christ sakes!
hard to imagine a paper would print something so irresponsible and reprehensible to you and our country.

I am very proud. People should not be forced to pay for an education. We pay enough in taxes we can all afford free education.

Wrong as usual. Its called taking a righteous stand against right wing hatred of being educated. :) So.:fu:

Nobody FORCED them to go study basket weaving or how to become a radical community agitator.... and nobody FORCED them to take out a loan off the backs of the taxpayers

what a loser
Your low opinion of your fellow Americans is noted.

I wish we could have free education too. I think it makes a better America to have more educated people, and I agree about being taxed enough. Cripes! I don't know how viable that is though.

Make them pay their own way with loans from banks like the working class has to do. Let them see what reality in finance is all about...then maybe they will begin to vote more responsibly.

You must be so proud

I earned my MEd working my way through it and paying it off

do I get some kind of rebate?

just askin'
You should sure. I say pay people back yearly with an extra check with their taxes OR if they OWE taxes they can choose to have their refund of what they paid towards college take care of it.
Because people should be getting educated for free...why is it that its that way k-12 but not k-college? College students should be worried about getting an education not worried about paying for next semester. Yes I pay taxes

No, people should not be getting a free college education. They shouldn't be getting a free K-12 education either. We can't all be doctors or financial analysts. We still need people to change the oil in our cars, fix our plumbing and build our houses.
There it is folks! A republican advocating child slave labor to get educated. Do we REALLY need any more proof republicans are ANTI EDUCATION?

Another stupid post, does this take practice or does it just flow from you?

their education is FREE from K-12

the taxpayers shouldn't be responsible for anymore than that. but some don't seem to mind living their whole lives off the taxpayers back it seems.

I'm just shocked, a supposedly upstanding newspaper would even print something like that. Like hey no big deal, revolt on your responsibilities in life...

I wish we could have free education too. I think it makes a better America to have more educated people, and I agree about being taxed enough. Cripes! I don't know how viable that is though.
Lets look at European countries that have it.

You couldn't possibly be more stupid. You nutters are all alike.

:gives::boohoo::boohoo:

their education is FREE from K-12

the taxpayers shouldn't be responsible for anymore than that. but some don't seem to mind living their whole lives off the taxpayers back it seems.

I'm just shocked, a supposedly upstanding newspaper would even print something like that. Like hey no big deal, revolt on your responsibilities in life...
Still not comprehending it...that figures...low IQ republican voters....sad...Its not living off anyone when EVERYONE is paying taxes/having taxes taken out of things they already buy and its actually used for US and not war,foreign aid and a bigger military.

I earned my MEd working my way through it and paying it off

do I get some kind of rebate?

just askin'
You should sure. I say pay people back yearly with an extra check with their taxes OR if they OWE taxes they can choose to have their refund of what they paid towards college take care of it.
Because people should be getting educated for free...why is it that its that way k-12 but not k-college? College students should be worried about getting an education not worried about paying for next semester. Yes I pay taxes

No, people should not be getting a free college education. They shouldn't be getting a free K-12 education either. We can't all be doctors or financial analysts. We still need people to change the oil in our cars, fix our plumbing and build our houses.
There it is folks! A republican advocating child slave labor to get educated. Do we REALLY need any more proof republicans are ANTI EDUCATION?

Another stupid post, does this take practice or does it just flow from you?
Its the only response the stupidity that flows from your mouth deserves.

isn't the government making ridiculous returns on student loans right now? i know the article is really about the college/university these people went to, but i think that student loans need to be changed to simple interest loans (or no interest loans) instead of the ridiculous compound interest we have now

SNIP:
Education as the key to opportunity and upward mobility
March 20, 2015
Patrick Garry, RenewAmerica analyst

150320garry.jpg
It is generally agreed that the most important social mobility function a government can perform – or promote – is education. In an open society, education gives each citizen the opportunity to advance on his or her own merit. Income can sustain a person's material life, but education can empower that person to shape and control one's life. But despite this importance, the American educational system is failing many young people. It is particularly failing the young people who need it most – the poor and disadvantaged.

The problems of the public school system

The woes of public education are well publicized, but still there is little reform. According to economist John Bishop, the middle class's economic problems have followed a decline in high school verbal scores, which dropped sharply between 1962 and 1980 and have not improved since. As the federal government recently reported, student vocabulary scores on the National Assessment of Educational Progress continue to show no improvement.

At the primary and secondary level, government education spending has soared over the past decades, and yet student performance has not improved. Youth from poor and minority households continue to drop out of school at alarming rates, and many of those who do graduate from public high schools do not have the skills to continue their education or acquire a job with any meaningful future prospects.

There are many reform proposals being debated, just as there are many examples of how successful such reforms could be. In charter schools across the country, for instance, students are vastly outperforming their public school counterparts. But because of opposition from teachers' unions, the charter school movement faces a battery of obstacles. Union opposition has also made it very difficult for the regular public school systems to fire incompetent teachers.

Moreover, public educational spending may not be as focused as it should be. According to the 2012 report "The School Staffing Surge," the U.S. spends more than other nations on nonteaching staff. Between 1970 and 2010, for instance, nonteaching staff positions increased 138 percent nationally, while teaching positions increased 60 percent and student enrollment increased less than 8 percent.

The high costs of higher education

The crisis of higher education is intimately tied up with its soaring costs. And to fund these costs, tuition has also soared. Tuition at public four-year colleges has nearly quadrupled since 1980. To pay this tuition, students have gone into severe debt. And with this debt has come default.

Student borrowers are increasingly falling behind in their loan payments. The New York Federal Reserve has found that almost 30 percent of student loans are now delinquent. More than 600,000 borrowers who graduated in 2010 had defaulted by 2012, according to Education Department data. This was the sixth consecutive year of rising defaults.

Delinquency and default rates are higher for student loans than for other types of lending. Partly this reflects the nonexistent credit standards for these loans, which allow students with a high probability of dropping out of college to borrow on the same terms as good students.

According to the Federal Reserve, educational debt has surpassed every other borrowing category except home mortgages, reaching some $1.3 trillion this year. In the class of 2014, the average borrower had a debt of $33,000. And research from the Pew Research Center indicates that 20- and 30-year-olds are delaying marriage and childbearing because of their student loan debt.

Debt-enticing government policies

ALL of it here:
Education as the key to opportunity and upward mobility

A real revolt, would be to start a university that doesn't charge like wounded bulls, but education for education's sake seems to have died - along with the idea that student loans shouldn't be 100k debt shackles.

Forum List

Back