A Rubicon Is Crossed

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

A Rubicon Is Crossed

31 Mar 2023 ~~ By John Hinderaker

So the Democrats decided to indict Donald Trump after all. (I assume that Alvin Bragg would not have proceeded without a green light from higher-ups in the party.) Here, as in so many other areas, we are in uncharted waters. The Democrats have launched a sort of blitzkrieg against our traditions, our Constitution, our culture (at least, our culture as it was), and every form of restraint that makes civil society possible. They have unleashed a wind, and seem serenely confident that they will never face a whirlwind. I don’t know, maybe they are right. I do know that after today, our country will never be the same again.
In the short term, the indictment will help Donald Trump politically. Perhaps that was the Democrats’ intention. But I don’t think any of us can foresee how it will play out. Legally speaking, the indictment is a joke. No doubt Trump will try to have it dismissed, but I don’t know enough about criminal procedure in New York to have any idea how long that will take, or what his prospects of success are. Bear in mind that any motion to dismiss will most likely be heard by a Trump-hating Democratic judge. If the case makes it to trial, it will go before a New York jury that probably will consist entirely of Democrats and–once again–Trump haters. There is no way a conviction can be ruled out. Appeals would follow, likely taking a year or more.
~Snip~
But I do know that today is an evil day in America’s history. The Democrats are behaving like a party from a pre-Enlightenment, pre-constitutional era. Seeing themselves in the driver’s seat, they are making a naked grab for totalitarian power across a broad range of issues and institutions. Indicting a former president on frivolous grounds is shocking, but it is of a piece with the strategies Democrats are following in Washington and across the country.

Commentary:
Maoist Democrats are not only dangerous totalitarians, they also have a monopoly on the levers of power - the “press”, the Judiciary, the legal profession, many in professional sports, the hollowed-out military, Big Business, the trash in what’s left of Hollywood, the Democratic Senate and 80 percent of the so-called Rs in the Senate. What do we have?? Smarts, ingenuity, numbers, the rising Red States, and the House of Representatives.
Logic dictates that Alvin Bragg would not have proceeded without a green light from higher-ups in the party. Say, like the Atty. General Merrick Garland.
Then there's the new legal standard created by Pelosi that you must prove your innocence. That is only true with respect to conservatives in a Maoist Democrat Commie kangaroo court similar to our brothers and sisters locked up in DC. If you are okay with that, I guess it is okay for us to stand there and do nothing when you're wrongly accused and convicted.
According to the U.S. Constitution, its Amendments and the Bill of Rights you are innocent until proven guilty. The prosecution must prove your guilt beyond all reason.

We supposedly did it in 2009:

Your blob is being investigated for breaking the law. Nobody would be shocked if he were convicted; he's been a sleezeball since day one.

Your blob is being investigated for breaking the law. Nobody would be shocked if he were convicted; he's been a sleezeball since day one.
So this means Bill Clinton and Joe Biden are next right Blob?

Bragg would absolutely seat that moron candycorn as a juror if he had a chance.

He’s not seeking Justice or a fair verdict. He is seeking blood. He is seeking a conviction based purely on politics.

A Rubicon Is Crossed

So the Democrats decided to indict Donald Trump after all. (I assume that Alvin Bragg would not have proceeded without a green light from higher-ups in the party.) Here, as in so many other areas, we are in uncharted waters. The Democrats have launched a sort of blitzkrieg against our traditions, our Constitution, our culture (at least, our culture as it was), and every form of restraint that makes civil society possible. They have unleashed a wind, and seem serenely confident that they will never face a whirlwind. I don’t know, maybe they are right. I do know that after today, our country will never be the same again.
In the short term, the indictment will help Donald Trump politically. Perhaps that was the Democrats’ intention. But I don’t think any of us can foresee how it will play out. Legally speaking, the indictment is a joke. No doubt Trump will try to have it dismissed, but I don’t know enough about criminal procedure in New York to have any idea how long that will take, or what his prospects of success are. Bear in mind that any motion to dismiss will most likely be heard by a Trump-hating Democratic judge. If the case makes it to trial, it will go before a New York jury that probably will consist entirely of Democrats and–once again–Trump haters. There is no way a conviction can be ruled out. Appeals would follow, likely taking a year or more.
~Snip~
But I do know that today is an evil day in America’s history. The Democrats are behaving like a party from a pre-Enlightenment, pre-constitutional era. Seeing themselves in the driver’s seat, they are making a naked grab for totalitarian power across a broad range of issues and institutions. Indicting a former president on frivolous grounds is shocking, but it is of a piece with the strategies Democrats are following in Washington and across the country.

Commentary:
Maoist Democrats are not only dangerous totalitarians, they also have a monopoly on the levers of power - the “press”, the Judiciary, the legal profession, many in professional sports, the hollowed-out military, Big Business, the trash in what’s left of Hollywood, the Democratic Senate and 80 percent of the so-called Rs in the Senate. What do we have?? Smarts, ingenuity, numbers, the rising Red States, and the House of Representatives.
Logic dictates that Alvin Bragg would not have proceeded without a green light from higher-ups in the party. Say, like the Atty. General Merrick Garland.
Then there's the new legal standard created by Pelosi that you must prove your innocence. That is only true with respect to conservatives in a Maoist Democrat Commie kangaroo court similar to our brothers and sisters locked up in DC. If you are okay with that, I guess it is okay for us to stand there and do nothing when you're wrongly accused and convicted.
According to the U.S. Constitution, its Amendments and the Bill of Rights you are innocent until proven guilty. The prosecution must prove your guilt beyond all reason.
Are you sure the Constitution and Bill of Rights is applicable? How many democrats find the Constitution offensive? How many say the Bill of Rights was written by white slave holders and no longer applies? Nancy Pelosi set forth the new standard. The accused is guilty until they prove their innocence.

Just wait.

Your game.

Your rules.

You will hate it.

A Rubicon Is Crossed

~Snip~

Commentary:
Then there's the new legal standard created by Pelosi that you must prove your innocence. That is only true with respect to conservatives in a Maoist Democrat Commie kangaroo court similar to our

Their problem is they cannot imagine an America where most Americans no longer trust any of the institutions.

Leftists have no imagination. If they did, they wouldn't be Leftists. So they cannot imagine people who do not worship the government. They cannot imagine not living by every word that falls out of The State's mouth.

The erosion in trust will be something to see, played out. It could be explosive or erosive. Either way, the jackals on this board celebrating are truly moronic.

A Rubicon Is Crossed

~Snip~

Commentary:
Cry harder.
4i6Ckte.gif

Insurance fraud is a real felony.
Tax fraud is a real felony.
Bank fraud is a real felony.
Espionage is a real felony.
Extortion is a real felony.
Racketeering is a real felony.

Trump has committed all of these crimes, and then some.

As I said, nobody would be surprised if Trump was found guilty of any charge brought against him (of the sorts of crimes we're familiar with at least). Just like nobody would be surprised if the stuff in the Steele Dossier were all true.

What always gets me is that with any public figure...you only get a partial story. Can you imagine the stuff we don't know about this clown?

Their problem is they cannot imagine an America where most Americans no longer trust any of the institutions.

Leftists have no imagination. If they did, they wouldn't be Leftists. So they cannot imagine people who do not worship the government. They cannot imagine not living by every word that falls out of The State's mouth.

The erosion in trust will be something to see, played out. It could be explosive or erosive. Either way, the jackals on this board celebrating are truly moronic.
You have just described Maoists.

Of course Bill Clinton wasn’t a sleaze ball.

The difference between Bill CLinton and Trump is Bill is an insider and Trump is an outsider to the D.C. Swamp.

Bill Clinton paid Paula Jones but it wasn’t hush money.

The difference between Bill CLinton and Trump is Bill is an insider and Trump is an outsider to the D.C. Swamp.

He also hasn't been president in this century. Warren G. Harding...he was a sleeze ball too. And?

Check again sweetheart Bubba Clinton left office Jan 21, 2001.
Okay..he was president in this century for either a little over a year or 21 day depending on how you look at it. Hardly relevant to today's discussion.

~~~~~~
You left out Gennifer Flowers.
See:
**********​

I suspect a lot will depend, in the long run, on whether there are other indictments. Charges with more teeth. If this ends up being the only indictment, it ain't gonna look good, whether he broke the law or not. From what I'm hearing, these are low-level felonies at best.

That's how low he's dragged down our standards. "Well, that's not a BAD ENOUGH felony".

Man, what a fucked up time. I wonder if Bragg wishes he had entered another profession.

Last edited:
~~~~~~
You left out Gennifer Flowers.
See:
**********​
Thanks much. Bill sure got around.

He also hasn't been president in this century. Warren G. Harding...he was a sleeze ball too. And?

You called Trump a sleaze ball. If Trump is a sleaze ball because he had sexual relations with women outside of his marriage, many if not most of our Presidents are also sleaze balls.

Forum List

Back