Why Didn't The Republicans Do Anything?

The only thing the Republicans could have done was convince him to plead guilty, so that all that ugly shit wouldn't have come out. Maybe save Melania and his son a ton of public humiliation. Nixon's party members told him he was toast, and he wisely got the hell out.

But Trump can't do that. He doesn't have the maturity or self esteem to admit anything. And the GQP doesn't have the balls to be honest with him.

Riiiiggghhhtttt... Those police officers were sure quick to arrest those January 6th protestors.

Trump's lawyer didn't have the power to defend him and the constitution?

There are still J6 people being prosecuted.

Plus people who live-streamed themselves in the capitol is waaaaaay easier than a complex financial crimes case involving an ex-President.

To stop this from happening to Trump. It seems like his lawyer didn't do much to help him and one of my neighbors was telling me (I can't remember who it was but I think that it was that Alvin Bragg guy.) yesterday that somebody came forward and said that they knew for a fact and had evidence that the liberals wanted to lock Trump away simply because they didn't like him. So if that's true, why wasn't the hush money trial declared a mistrial?

None of that is grounds for a mistrial

The Republicans should have stopped this before it even began.
Only now after this fiasco did those GOP gas bags in the Senate take action on Biden. They sent Biden a letter informing him they will oppose ANYTHING he wants to get done in the senate. Biden want's a new crosswalk, DENIED! They should have played this card long ago.

Let's be honest, the GOP lays down on the floor of congress and let's Democrats walk all over them even when they have a majority.

Because he's guilty and your media lies to you.

He was found guilty of charges that they had to make up and lie about, that's true.

He's guilty of leading a people's revolution to take the Government back.

People who would normally be for that, aren't now.

Because it's President Trump.

I know as they cater to your own personal agenda. Which is currently trying to stop Trump from running and then eventually winning the election in a landslide.
Yep, only I control all of it. :rolleyes: So, it's inevitable then. It's all over. You've already accepted Brandon will win a second term.

Sucks to be you, I guess. :dunno:

Hilarious. :auiqs.jpg:

I'm sorry you misunderstood me. I was talking about two different things. The Republicans should have stopped this before it even began.
well, yes, and some tried to -- like Stefanik who focused on .. I believe more than one issue, but maybe one of them was how compromised the judge is. Another was that he was NOT randomly chosen.
'
or Maybe you mean that the Rs should have charged Bragg and Co with malicious prosecution?

Yeh... that would have been a great idea..

Rs are always on defense.. :mad:

Oh? This is the first I've heard about it.

It isn't? Not somebody coming right out and saying although in different words that we hate your guts so that's why we want you in prison? If not that then what is?

There were multiple reversible errors.

Only now after this fiasco did those GOP gas bags in the Senate take action on Biden. They sent Biden a letter informing him they will oppose ANYTHING he wants to get done in the senate. Biden want's a new crosswalk, DENIED! They should have played this card long ago.

Let's be honest, the GOP lays down on the floor of congress and let's Democrats walk all over them even when they have a majority.
Now with Lara in charge of the money things will change.

And what did you as a republican do to stop it other than whine and bellyache on internet message boards?

A near-majority of the largest voting bloc in the country thinks former President Donald Trump should drop out of the presidential election following his Thursday conviction on 34 felony counts, according to a recent poll.

A Morning Consult poll conducted Friday found that 49% of independent voters think Trump should end his campaign, alongside 15% of Republicans and 8% of individuals who identify as Trump supporters. “Independent” has been the most popular partisan affiliation in the United States for more than a decade, with 45% of Americans identifying as independent.

Why didn't Trump TESTIFY for himself in the case OP?
Do you know anything about law or courtrooms or juries?

It is almost NEVER a good idea for a defendant to testify.

It's called Cross examination, which is done by the often brutal and truth-twisting prosecutor

It's called BIASED judge (in Trump's case)

Geez.. learn some law

Forum List

Back