A scientific experiment that can prove the existence of God.

It's quite simple, really. Just kill yourself and see what happens. There you have it. Proof positive. :)

Of course, if there is a God and you have rejected Him, you will prove it by going to Hell. So I'd suggest some other way of proving it. You might want to start by reading the Bible. Just saying.
I've resigned to the fact I'm going to die eventually so I see no need to rush into anything for the sake of science. The question of course is WHICH Bible?
There is only one Bible.
That is what everyone says, Jews, Christians, Mormons, Muslims, etc. How is one to know?
Yet there is only one that was written by many different people over a period of about 1500 years, yet has no major contradictions.
No major contradictions? That leave out Judaism, Mormonism, and Christianity. So you must mean Islam. I have to say I'm quite surprised.
Idiot.

I've resigned to the fact I'm going to die eventually so I see no need to rush into anything for the sake of science. The question of course is WHICH Bible?
There is only one Bible.
That is what everyone says, Jews, Christians, Mormons, Muslims, etc. How is one to know?
Yet there is only one that was written by many different people over a period of about 1500 years, yet has no major contradictions.
No major contradictions? That leave out Judaism, Mormonism, and Christianity. So you must mean Islam. I have to say I'm quite surprised.
Idiot.
Probably true but still not a convincing argument.

It's quite simple, really. Just kill yourself and see what happens. There you have it. Proof positive. :)

Of course, if there is a God and you have rejected Him, you will prove it by going to Hell. So I'd suggest some other way of proving it. You might want to start by reading the Bible. Just saying.
I read the bible but got stuck on how Noah could have gotten kangaroos from Australia and back again. So how did he do it?

When you read the story of the three pigs did you get stuck at the part where they started building houses?

How did he do it?

lol.....
You keep making that false analogy. I don't know anyone who who built a religion around the Three Little Pigs, and insist that the Three Little Pigs actually happened. Do you?

I haven't rejected a possible god, just waiting for some actual proof. Got any?

There is only one Bible.
Not exactly true. Ignoring the "Versions", there are, at least, three that I know of. The Catholic Bible is not the same as the Protestant Bible. It includes books not found in the Protestant Bible. Then there is the Bible of the Jehovah's Witnesses, which is translated significantly differently than the standard Protestant Bible. Now, I'm sure that you would insist that Jehovah's Witnesses are not "real Christians", but, then, they would insist otherwise. And I'm quite certain that you cannot discount Catholics as Christians. so, "Which bible" rather seems a valid question.

There is only one Bible.
There is not even one of those. I posted some of the contradictions in another thread. Not surprisingly, you chose not to acknowledge the post.

There is only one Bible.
Not exactly true. Ignoring the "Versions", there are, at least, three that I know of. The Catholic Bible is not the same as the Protestant Bible. It includes books not found in the Protestant Bible. Then there is the Bible of the Jehovah's Witnesses, which is translated significantly differently than the standard Protestant Bible. Now, I'm sure that you would insist that Jehovah's Witnesses are not "real Christians", but, then, they would insist otherwise. And I'm quite certain that you cannot discount Catholics as Christians. so, "Which bible" rather seems a valid question.
Speaking of which, Orthodox priests refuse to do any funeral rites for people who committed suicide, which would imply they all go hell I suppose. There may be other Christian branches which have similar practices, and most or all of them consider suicide a sin.
What is the Christian view of suicide? What does the Bible say about suicide?

Also there are about 71 verses in the Quran that refer to Prophet Jesus.

Also there are about 71 verses in the Quran that refer to Prophet Jesus.
Wellll...I think you would be hard pressed to suggest that the Quran is a "version" of the bible, however.

I read the bible but got stuck on how Noah could have gotten kangaroos from Australia and back again. So how did he do it?

When you read the story of the three pigs did you get stuck at the part where they started building houses?

How did he do it?

lol.....

Oh, so you are saying the Bible is a fable and is fiction, so it isn't a problem? Ok.

How did he do it?

lol.....
You keep making that false analogy. I don't know anyone who who built a religion around the Three Little Pigs, and insist that the Three Little Pigs actually happened. Do you?

It is not a false analogy.

The they that you deride have done essentially that by reading bronze age hebrew fairy tales for children as if they were historical records, everything from God poofing the solar system into existence to talking serpents and dead people coming to life and floating up into the sky, and basing crime and punishment, the national agenda, social structure - the entire mess out there - on that.

stories that even they will openly admit that they do not understand.

Its as if someone found an ancient copy of the three pigs thought it was about a magical time in the past when animals could talk and then built houses of worship to honor the wise pig, praying day and night for him to return, building prisons and mindless occupations for unbelievers to fill.

Meanwhile rational people like yourself take a back seat and defend the right of the insane to fuck up the world

Last edited:

How did he do it?

lol.....

The they that you deride have done essentially that by reading bronze age hebrew fairy tales for children as if they were historical records, everything from God poofing the solar system into existence to talking serpents and dead people coming to life and floating up into the sky, and basing crime and punishment, the national agenda, social structure - the entire mess out there - on that.

Meanwhile rational people take a back seat and defend the right of the insane to fuck up the world
It is a false analogy, as the last time I checked there is no "Church of the Sacred House of Bricks". No one believes the Three Little Pigs to be more than it is - a fable meant to impart a moral lesson. I know not of a single mainstream Christian - regardless of denomination - that approaches the bible in that way. Every one of them thinks that the bible is accurate history. Just because you think that you have some "better understanding" of the bible, doesn't mean that when someone approaches the bible, as it is treated by the vast majority of Christians throughout the world, they would approach the story of the Three Pigs in the same way.

How did he do it?

lol.....

Meanwhile rational people take a back seat and defend the right of the insane to fuck up the world
It is a false analogy, as the last time I checked there is no "Church of the Sacred House of Bricks". No one believes the Three Little Pigs to be more than it is - a fable meant to impart a moral lesson. I know not of a single mainstream Christian - regardless of denomination - that approaches the bible in that way. Every one of them thinks that the bible is accurate history. Just because you think that you have some "better understanding" of the bible, doesn't mean that when someone ridicules the bible, as it is treated by the vast majority of Christians throughout the world, would approach the story of the Three Pigs with the same attitude.

You misunderstood.

If you were taught from birth that a wise talking pig who lived long ago outsmarted a duplicitous wolf and went to church every other high holiday praying for him to return you would be looking up into the sky every now and then for any signs of pigs on the wing. You could not escape the bondage of such foolishness without paying a great price.

I know that no one, even Christians, would do that with the story of the three pigs but that is exactly what Christians, Jews, and Muslims have done with hebrew fairy tales,.

And yeah, I know they think the Bible is actual history. Supernatural events, mythological characters, talking animals, the whole shebang. Thats the point. However, in a way, they are right. But one has to decipher the figurative language used to even know what happened. You already know any of those things are impossible to be literally true.

without doing that, decoding the metaphors, parables, analogies, homonyms, hyperbole, etc., whether you believe or don't believe, all that you have is magical bullshit that makes no rational sense. People who adopt such an irrational position, that the Bible is actual history even though it is contradicted by actual reality, slowly intellectually, morally and ethically degenerate until they lose control of their minds. ( this was not an accident, according to scripture that is.)

The proof is all over these pages.

Last edited:

How did he do it?

lol.....

It is a false analogy, as the last time I checked there is no "Church of the Sacred House of Bricks". No one believes the Three Little Pigs to be more than it is - a fable meant to impart a moral lesson. I know not of a single mainstream Christian - regardless of denomination - that approaches the bible in that way. Every one of them thinks that the bible is accurate history. Just because you think that you have some "better understanding" of the bible, doesn't mean that when someone ridicules the bible, as it is treated by the vast majority of Christians throughout the world, would approach the story of the Three Pigs with the same attitude.

You misunderstood.

If you were taught from birth that a wise talking pig who lived long ago outsmarted a duplicitous wolf and went to church every other high holiday praying for him to return you would be looking up into the sky every now and then for any signs of pigs on the wing. You could not escape the bondage of such foolishness without paying a great price.

I know that no one, even Christians, would do that with the story of the three pigs but that is exactly what Christians, Jews, and Muslims have done with hebrew fairy tales,.

And yeah, I know they think the Bible is actual history. Supernatural events, mythological characters, talking animals, the whole shebang. Thats the point. However, in a way, they are right. But one has to decipher the figurative language used to even know what happened. You already know any of those things are impossible to be literally true.

without doing that, decoding the metaphors, parables, analogies, homonyms, hyperbole, etc., whether you believe or don't believe, all that you have is magical bullshit that makes no rational sense. People who adopt such an irrational position, that the Bible is actual history even though it is contradicted by actual reality, slowly intellectually, morally and ethically degenerate until they lose control of their minds. ( this was not an accident, according to scripture that is.)

Okay, but you mock atheists, like myself, when we address these Christians, from where they are at intellectually, as if we believe this bullshit. Does that really strike you as an honest approach to atheists' posts? Whenecer we try to address the utter irrational impossibility of their beliefs, you mock us for treating their beliefs as if we believe them to be valid.

For example, when taz posted that he got stuck on how Noah could have gotten kangaroos from Australia and back again, when reading the Bible, attempting to point out to Christians how moronic it is to believe that that story actually ever took place, instead of supporting his attempt to disabuse Christians of their folly of taking that story seriously, you mocked HIM, and asked if he reacted the same way to the Three Pigs.

Don't you think, maybe, your target was off?

Last edited:

How did he do it?

lol.....

You misunderstood.

Okay, but you mock atheists, like myself, when we address these Christians, from where they are at intellectually, as if we believe this bullshit. Does that really strike you as an honest approach to atheists' posts? Whenecer we try to address the utter irrational impossibility of their beliefs, you mock us for treating their beliefs as if we believe them to be valid.

For example, when taz posted that he got stuck on how Noah could have gotten kangaroos from Australia and back again, when reading the Bible, attempting to point out to Christians how moronic it is to believe that that story actually ever took place, instead of supporting his attempt to disabuse Christians of their folly of taking that story seriously, you mocked HIM, and asked if he reacted the same way to the Three Pigs.

Don't you think, maybe, your target was off?

Let me put it this way. From where I am at arguing over what scripture is not about is absurd, equally idiotic, whatever side you are on, believer or unbeliever.

And where you are wrong is believing that the stories never took place. They did. Jesus was resurrected from the dead, bodily ascended into heaven, and cursed the nations with the sword that came out of his mouth.

Just not in the way that literalists believe and not in the way that you don't believe.

Believe it or not, the only way out of the mess we are in is if I am right. Everyone wins. Jew, Gentile, Christian, muslim, atheist, Buddhist, hindu, agnostic, or whatever. Even if you can't see how.

One just has to accept the hidden teaching and add it to what they already profess to believe about scripture. How hard is that? Believers can continue to believe that Jesus bodily ascended into heaven, unbelievers can continue to believe that he didn't and both will understand, accept, and agree about what actually happened, what he actually taught, what was never written down.

Its the only place where these diverse and diametrically opposed and contradictory beliefs can find common ground.

Then maybe there will be peace and we can come up with new updated and improved fairy tales for children....

Last edited:

You first..

Ah nothing says 'good Christian' like advocating people kill themselves.

Jesus would be proud.

For those that truly don’t believe in God, proving it should not be a high priority.
I don’t ever want to see a Christian cry when a fellow Christian dies. You should be happy and can’t wait to join them in paradise

How does a scientist believe in god? How can their judgement be trusted? They believe god sent the meteor to wipe the dinosaus out then poofed humans into existence. Or do some Christians believe in evolution? You shouldn’t be able to cherry pick

there is no such thing as hell. and christian concepts of hell come from Dante's inferno, not from any religious dogma.

Forum List

Back