A solution to Illegal immigration- A modest proposal.

So you are pissed

Big deal

We dont want millions more fake asylum seekers running around the country making the wait times even longer

Then hire enough people to review the cases.

JoeB131, wouldn't a start be to return to the Trump policies that worked by undoing the executive orders Biden signed the first week of his administration? No cost there?

Four years for President Trump with another year to go for President Biden. How are the Biden policies working?
No, Trump's policies are what caused most of the problems.

Now that he's dismantled the Asylum system, people know they can wait years before getting a hearing, and good luck finding me after I've had three years to build up connections.

I don't have to. It isn't. No one thinks that's a good idea.

They usually find that soldiers just aren't good at law enforcement.
All the G.Is have to do is round up the illegals at the border

After that the border patrol can remove them back to mexico

No, Trump's policies are what caused most of the problems.

Now that he's dismantled the Asylum system, people know they can wait years before getting a hearing, and good luck finding me after I've had three years to build up connections.
How is that even possible since President Biden reversed the Trump policies the first week Biden was in office?

Speak for yourself.

And guarding the border is not law enforcement it is guarding the border like we do for other countries.
Which countries are those, exactly?
We have troops in Iraq, but they aren't on the Iranian border.
We have troops in Germany, but they aren't on the border with Poland.

How is that even possible since President Biden reversed the Trump policies the first week Biden was in office?
Are you fucking retarded?

Trump's policies didn't resolve the issue of those seeking asylum; he just kicked the can down the road for someone else to deal with.

All the G.Is have to do is round up the illegals at the border

After that the border patrol can remove them back to mexico

And the minute they do, they claim asylum and their cases have to be processed. You aren't addressing the underlying problem.

So you send them back to Mexico. The next day, they sneak in again. And the next day. And the next day.

Well, the problem is we ARE the problem of every country in Central America. How many times have we toppled their government because they wouldn't let big American corporations loot their countries? How many coups did we sponsor? How many dictators did we fund for years because they hated them some commies?

Yeah, the Cold War was awful!
Let's move to the present.

Fix your own shithole.

Okay, so let's appoint enough caseworkers to determine who can resolve these cases.

I did. It ONLY applies to Canada. I'll agree, Canada is a safe third country.

Yes. She also doesn't know what the Super Bowl is. Now, here's kind of the thing, the Chinese American community is very isolated. They don't watch a lot of American movies. They don't get into American pop culture. Disney has been trying to break into the Chinese market for years, and they can't really do it. (She does know who Mickey Mouse is, though.)

I'd be happy to show you a picture, but your stalking is getting truly weird.

Yes, exactly. You aren't allowed to make attacks on family. Glad we cleared that up.

Never said she was denied... They've had her case on review for 8 years.

Actually, until that Nazi Cocksucker Trump came along, about half of asylum claims were granted. But the biggest problem was that he so gummed up the works that few cases are heard in a timely manner.

View attachment 900112
Yeah, about that and your link?

Breaking Down the 2023 Immigration Court Data

January 31, 2024

[...]

"One surprise for me was the low grant rate for asylum cases in Immigration Court. The overall approval rate for court cases in FY 2023 was only 14.40%, which is slightly better than FY 2022, when courts granted a paltry 14.18% of asylum cases. In fact, grant rates have been falling since FY 2011 (when 31.35% of asylum cases were approved), but the last two years have had the lowest asylum grant rates since at least 2008, lower even than during the Trump years, when grant rates ranged from 19.13% to a generous 20.69%. The low approval rates might be explained by the fact that these numbers include detained cases, which are more likely to be denied (due to criminal convictions or the one-year filing bar) and cases for people who arrive at the border, who can often not demonstrate a nexus to a protected ground. Also, of course, it is difficult for people in detention and at the border to gather evidence or find a lawyer."

It is against the law to use the military for civilian law enforcement.

You can thank Rutherford B. Hayes for that, one of the other idiots who got put into the White House after the people said "No".

It is against the law to use the military for civilian law enforcement

Preventing foreigners from crossing our border isn't really civilian law enforcement.

Which countries are those, exactly?
We have troops in Iraq, but they aren't on the Iranian border.
We have troops in Germany, but they aren't on the border with Poland.

Are you fucking retarded?

Trump's policies didn't resolve the issue of those seeking asylum; he just kicked the can down the road for someone else to deal with.

And the minute they do, they claim asylum and their cases have to be processed. You aren't addressing the underlying problem.

So you send them back to Mexico. The next day, they sneak in again. And the next day. And the next day.
They are scamming are the system

Asylum seekers should be returned to mexico till their case is reviewed

"One surprise for me was the low grant rate for asylum cases in Immigration Court. The overall approval rate for court cases in FY 2023 was only 14.40%, which is slightly better than FY 2022, when courts granted a paltry 14.18% of asylum cases. In fact, grant rates have been falling since FY 2011 (when 31.35% of asylum cases were approved), but the last two years have had the lowest asylum grant rates since at least 2008, lower even than during the Trump years, when grant rates ranged from 19.13% to a generous 20.69%. The low approval rates might be explained by the fact that these numbers include detained cases, which are more likely to be denied (due to criminal convictions or the one-year filing bar) and cases for people who arrive at the border, who can often not demonstrate a nexus to a protected ground. Also, of course, it is difficult for people in detention and at the border to gather evidence or find a lawyer."
You are being deceitful.

The chart I listed ONLY lists cases that had resolution, either rejected or accepted. The vast majority of cases are unresolved, because we have millions of asylum seekers and less than 1000 asylum judges.

I think we already mentioned that many times

But trump did it without the help of congress

No, he didn't. Three million undocumented aliens STILL got into the country. Would have been more if he hadn't let Covid ravage the country and scare them off for a year.

Because once they get in, they can apply for asylum. Whoops. Sucks to be you.

Trump did not get full cooperation from congress and the courts

Which biden or the next president will also need

Oh, let's be blunt... we've been trying to reform immigration since Bush-43. Bush supported a bi-partisan McCain-Kennedy bill that called for great border security, along with a path for citizenship for those already here. Extreme Republicans shot it down.

Obama increased the number of deportations trying to get Republicans to sign onto a modest bill for just the Dreamers. That didn't go anywhere.

The problem is the entire system is overwhelmed, not just asylum. Let's assume that the current figures are right, and that only 30% of asylum seekers actually qualify. that would still mean millions would be allowed to stay.

Again, we would need a comprehensive approach that addresses the legal, needs of industry (which really wants the unskilled labor), and standing up for our principles.

Or we can keep pandering to the idiot who doesn't want a Mexican to date his daughter.

Forum List

Back