A Soul In Hell - Annette's Story. A cautionary tale for atheists, the irreligious, and the backsliders. Take heed!

Mashmont

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2022

Here is a rare glimpse into Hell from someone who has been condemned there for all eternity.

Attention atheists, the irreligious, and backsliders. PLEASE fix things while there is still time. Death could come at any moment, and then it's too late.

This account has so many truths in it.

Last edited:
Worrying about Hell is the grown-up version of being afraid of being sent to your room without supper. If you have lived a good life and never really hurt anyone and you are still worried about everlasting damnation you have a problem that is going to rob you of the joy of living. It just kills me that the TV preachers scare old people with Hell until they will send them their grocery money just to get the feeling they are not doomed. If there is a Hell the hottest part is reserved for assholes who tell good people they are doomed for the slightest slip-up or stray thought.

Here is a rare glimpse into Hell from someone who has been condemned there for all eternity.

Attention atheists, the irreligious, and backsliders. PLEASE fix things while there is still time. Death could come at any moment, and then it's too late.

Yeah but there's no practical purpose for the creation of such a place. Therefore, its existence--if real-- illustrates nothing but the vengeful nature of its creator. Being eternal, the function of Hell cannot be to rehabilitate sinners. So, the underlying theme behind the creator's creation of Hell is "pain for the sake of pain."

On a related note, what's your definition of blasphemy?

Worrying about Hell is the grown-up version of being afraid of being sent to your room without supper. If you have lived a good life and never really hurt anyone and you are still worried about everlasting damnation you have a problem that is going to rob you of the joy of living. It just kills me that the TV preachers scare old people with Hell until they will send them their grocery money just to get the feeling they are not doomed. If there is a Hell the hottest part is reserved for assholes who tell good people they are doomed for the slightest slip-up or stray thought.
It's not enough to superficially 'be nice'. You have to also do what's right. And sometimes that involves acts that are not easy or cheery. But Annette's Story is for those who think they have it all figured out for themselves and that they don't need God. Most assuredly, those people are doing things that are not right. Pursuit of wordly gain automatically entails doing some things which are not virtuous.

Yeah but there's no practical purpose for the creation of such a place. Therefore, its existence--if real-- illustrates nothing but the vengeful nature of its creator. Being eternal, the function of Hell cannot be to rehabilitate sinners. So, the underlying theme behind the creator's creation of Hell is "pain for the sake of pain."
Justice and consequences exist in all facets of life, so why do you think they suddenly should NOT exist in the afterlife? That would violate the natural order of things as well as common sense. Always remember, those in hell sent themselves there. They had free will. So that's perfectly just. Why do you think it should be otherwise?

Last edited:
Actually I don't worry about hell. I have my sights set too high.
Do you think a superstar basketball player has to worry about getting punished by the coach for lack of effort? Of course not. He is so highly motivated, there is no chance he would dog it and have to get punished.

An explanation I hadn't heard that makes a lot of sense: If people are bound for hell, but still do some nice things for people, they get their reward on earth. This is why affable but unrepentant sinful people can appear to live bountiful lives. Nice house, cars, etc. This was the case with Annette.

Those with the loudest objection to this video are the ones who need to hear its message the most. That is an immutable predictable truth.

Very much like a painful infection is in most need of an antibiotic. And boy, does it hurt when applied.

It's not enough to superficially 'be nice'. You have to also do what's right. And sometimes that involves acts that are not easy or cheery. But Annette's Story is for those who think they have it all figured out for themselves and that they don't need God. Most assuredly, those people are doing things that are not right. Pursuit of wordly gain automatically entails doing some things which are not virtuous.
I don't care about some woman's break with reality. I do care about preachers using the threat of Hell to keep the flock obedient and generous. When one finally frees themselves of the fear of damnation then life is so much sweeter. I really feel bad for the people who have been tricked into onerous religious servitude just to keep on the good side of a god that seems to really want to punish you forever for minor inequities.

Justice and consequences exist in all facets of existence, so why do you think they suddenly should NOT exist in the afterlife? That would violate the natural order of things as well as common sense. Always remember, those in hell sent themselves there. They had free will. So that's perfectly just. Why do you think it should be otherwise?
Yes. If you tell your child to not go to the road, and they disobey you, you punish them in order to teach them something to keep them safe. But the punishment from your god is not designed to teach anything. It's pain for nothing but the sake of pain. You think this legendary cesspool of eternal misery and torture is the product of a loving being? Tell me, what part of divine love requires torture for appeasement? When did you determine that pain, blood, fear, and torture is the currency of choice of this god in his dealings with us.

But the main issue here is that, for some reason, you believe that you can love what you fear, or fear what you love. That's called dysfunctional relationship. In light of what you believe it has in store for you should it suspect an insincerity on your part, your love is based on coercion--not pure . . .

Last edited:
I don't care about some woman's break with reality. I do care about preachers using the threat of Hell to keep the flock obedient and generous. When one finally frees themselves of the fear of damnation then life is so much sweeter. I really feel bad for the people who have been tricked into onerous religious servitude just to keep on the good side of a god that seems to really want to punish you forever for minor inequities.
You're talking about two different things. I, too, have a problem with preachers who are all about money all the time. That's the opposite of how the Catholic Church is. In my entire life, I have never personally been asked for a contribution from the Catholic Church I was attending. If you never give to your Catholic church, you will never be asked about it.

Self-damnation is different. It is completely real. And perfectly logical. The problem for some is pretending serious major sins are minor, such as having sex outside marriage.

Yes. If you tell your child to not go to the road, and they disobey you, you punish them in order to teach them something to keep them safe. But the punishment from your god is not designed to teach anything. It's pain for nothing but the sake of pain. You think this legendary cesspool of eternal misery and torture is the product of a loving being. Tell me, what part of divine love requires torture for appeasement? When did you determine that pain, blood, fear, and torture is the currency of choice of this god in his dealings with us.

But the main issue here is that, for some reason, you believe that you can love what you fear, or fear what you love. That's called dysfunctional relationship. In light of what you believe it has in store for you should it suspect an insincerity on your part, your love is based on coercion.
I'll ask you again. If you have free will and you intentionally mess up, whose fault is it, yours or God's? If you commit bad acts on earth and get punished for them on earth, again, whose fault is it? So tell me again why natural consequences shouldn't also apply to how you lived your life?

You're talking about two different things. I, too, have a problem with preachers who are all about money all the time. That's the opposite of how the Catholic Church is. In my entire life, I have never personally been asked for a contribution from the Catholic Church I was attending. If you never give to your Catholic church, you will never be asked about it.
The Catholic church invented the concept of Hell as we know it to keep the people in line. Just because they have softened up on the fire and brimstone it does not mean the coercive threat is not there. There's also the observation that if you need the threat of hell to be a good person then you are not really a good person.

The Catholic church invented the concept of Hell as we know it to keep the people in line. Just because they have softened up on the fire and brimstone it does not mean the coercive threat is not there. There's also the observation that if you need the threat of hell to be a good person then you are not really a good person.
I'm not motivated by the threat of hell, but I am motivated by the hope of Heaven.

Giving your money to a preacher gets you out hell?,,,,,,who knew....,,,we all start out doomed so tho speak

So tell me again why natural consequences shouldn't also apply to how you lived your life?
You're saying that this god of yours benefits from inflicting horrible pain onto its own creation when that creation is deemed insincere when they die. Correct?

You're saying that this god of yours benefits from inflicting horrible pain onto its own creation when that creation is deemed insincere when they die. Correct?
No, I'm saying a person who lived a bad life inflicted horrible pain on themselves. Like Annette.

Forum List

Back