A Sun with no sunspots

Why do the Warmers want to trigger another Ice Age?

Why?

Sunspots are decreasing, Earth is cooling, don't we need to maintain the CO2?

Why are Warmers always so glib about flirting with disaster?

Keep CO2! Don't let Earth plunge into another Ice Age!!

Why do you never have an answer? Because your "Theory" that a 200PPM increase in CO2 will raise temperatures 5-7 degrees has never been proven in a lab even one time.

well, seems we need an explanation of how the rise in Co2 occured in the first place Frank

was in volcanic activity? increase in jellyfish population? Al Gore's incessant howling?

gore_al_hot_air.jpg

Greenhouse gas emissions hitting record highs - Global warming - Salon.com

regardless of blame, is there anyone who thinks we don't need to deal here?

Chris Hedges: The Sky Really Is Falling - Chris Hedges' Columns - Truthdig
We are going to have to adapt a good deal,” said McKibben, with whom I spoke by phone from his home in Vermont. “It is going to be a century that calls for being resilient and durable. Most of that adaptation is going to take the form of economies getting smaller and lower to the ground, local food, local energy, things like that. But that alone won’t do it, because the scale of change we are now talking about is so great that no one can adapt to it. Temperatures have gone up one degree so far and that has been enough to melt the Arctic. If we let it go up three or four degrees, the rule of thumb the agronomists go by is every degree Celsius of temperature rise represents about a 10 percent reduction in grain yields. If we let it go up three or four degrees we are really not talking about a planet that can support a civilization anything like the one we’ve got.

We need the CO2 to prevent the next Ice Age. When the sunspot return, we'll talk again

bad news for anyone that defends global warming as this will reduce the warming as this is a weak max. The cooling effect is when you string together mins and maxs. This really sucks for the warmers.

Yaah until the sunspots come back and then the earth will warm up with a vengance.

So we should be in a cooling trend now because of the lack of sunspots?

Scientists predict rare 'hibernation' of sunspots - Yahoo! News

I tried putting that up from my cell for you Frank while I am...well,

Anyways, the decrease in solar activity might lead to a .3 degree C decrease in our temps. SOO if global warming raises temps 2 degrees or whatever you subtract .3 from it.

Yaah until the sunspots come back and then the earth will warm up with a vengance.

Anyways, the decrease in solar activity might lead to a .3 degree C decrease in our temps. SOO if global warming raises temps 2 degrees or whatever you subtract .3 from it.

Yeah Global warming raises temps 2 degrees. Sure. Absolutely.

2 degrees. Did you mean .002? It looks like you said 2 (two) degrees

If temps stay the same or go down only slightly, the skeptic/denier side is SCREWED!!!

Or a warming trend moderated by the lack of sunspot activity.
that is my theory on it.

The Solar Flares have been causing all the planets to heat up.

3/10/2011 - Boom! Sun unleashes yet another huge solar flare

Did anybody ever stop to THINK that maybe the AGW shit we are dioing ALSO has some influence on the SUN?

Huh?

Huh?

Huh?

Didja ever think about THAT?

Fuckin' humans.

Did you ever take time to think, huh?:cuckoo:

Why do you never have an answer? Because your "Theory" that a 200PPM increase in CO2 will raise temperatures 5-7 degrees has never been proven in a lab even one time.

well, seems we need an explanation of how the rise in Co2 occured in the first place Frank

was in volcanic activity? increase in jellyfish population? Al Gore's incessant howling?

gore_al_hot_air.jpg

We are going to have to adapt a good deal,” said McKibben, with whom I spoke by phone from his home in Vermont. “It is going to be a century that calls for being resilient and durable. Most of that adaptation is going to take the form of economies getting smaller and lower to the ground, local food, local energy, things like that. But that alone won’t do it, because the scale of change we are now talking about is so great that no one can adapt to it. Temperatures have gone up one degree so far and that has been enough to melt the Arctic. If we let it go up three or four degrees, the rule of thumb the agronomists go by is every degree Celsius of temperature rise represents about a 10 percent reduction in grain yields. If we let it go up three or four degrees we are really not talking about a planet that can support a civilization anything like the one we’ve got.

Just the thought of the changes that need to be made will prevent them from being made. By 2020, the amount of GHGs in the air will gaurantee that there will be a major reduction in the human population on this planet.

And the very same people here that are deriding the evidence and data presented by the scientists will then be howling about how the scientists failed to give them adaquete warning and why don't those pointy headed bastards do something about the problem.

Ah well, I probably won't live much past mid-century, so I won't see much of the worst of it.:lol:

If temps stay the same or go down only slightly, the skeptic/denier side is SCREWED!!!

Let me see if I understand your latest iteration on the Theory of ManMade Global Warming.

If temps go up, AGW

If temps stay the same, AGW

If temps decrease, AGW.

Is that about right?

gore_al_hot_air.jpg

Just the thought of the changes that need to be made will prevent them from being made. By 2020, the amount of GHGs in the air will gaurantee that there will be a major reduction in the human population on this planet.

And the very same people here that are deriding the evidence and data presented by the scientists will then be howling about how the scientists failed to give them adaquete warning and why don't those pointy headed bastards do something about the problem.

Ah well, I probably won't live much past mid-century, so I won't see much of the worst of it.:lol:

Eugenics, the real science behind the Warmers

Let me see if I understand your latest iteration on the Theory of ManMade Global Warming.

If temps go up, AGW

If temps decrease, AGW.

Is that about right?

By the holy name of Gaia, I think you've got it!

The Solar Flares have been causing all the planets to heat up.

3/10/2011 - Boom! Sun unleashes yet another huge solar flare

Did anybody ever stop to THINK that maybe the AGW shit we are dioing ALSO has some influence on the SUN?

Huh?

Huh?

Huh?

Didja ever think about THAT?

Fuckin' humans.

HUH?
I hope for your sake that was sarcasm.

There's no question about it. You are a certified genius.

Turning to a semi-related topic, since you are clearly a super genius:

What kind of science is it called when no proposition, no empirical evidence, no observation can ever be used to disprove the theory being asserted?

If temps go up, AGW

If temps decrease, AGW.

Is that about right?

I think u got it.

If solar activity goes down and the climate stays the same something must be up.....

No trick here. Sorta like insulating your house lol.

If temps go up, AGW

If temps decrease, AGW.

Is that about right?

I think u got it.

If solar activity goes down and the climate stays the same something must be up.....

No trick here. Sorta like insulating your house lol.

So, wait, assuming you're correct (don't worry, you're not) you want another Ice Age?

gore_al_hot_air.jpg

I had to reread this again.

No wonder you get aroused whenever a tornado kills people.

If temps go up, AGW

If temps decrease, AGW.

Is that about right?

Per usual, you don't understand at all. Fewer sunpots are a predictor of lower temps. Since the skeptics say it's all the sun, if temps don't go down significantly, their position is SCREWED! :eusa_whistle:

Sun spots appear to be teetering on the verge of vanishing from the surface of the sun – perhaps for several decades.

That's one possibility raised by three independent studies unveiled Tuesday at a solar-physics meeting in Las Cruces, N.M.

If the trends the studies highlight hold, the researchers say, a sun humbled by changes in its own internal workings could produce fewer solar storms during a prolonged quiet period – good news for satellite operators, astronauts, and Earthbound utility companies that must keep solar storms from triggering blackouts.

A long quiescent period also could provide an unexpected, natural laboratory for investigating often-discussed but poorly explored links between sunspot activity and global climate.

The most oft-cited example of a shutdown in sun spots is the so-called Maunder Minimum, a 70-year period that began around 1645. Sun spots virtually vanished from the sun's surface. The decline coincided with a climate period known as the Little Ice Age, when temperatures fell substantially in various locations around the globe and different times during the time span.

A sun with no sun spots? What that could mean for Earth and its climate. - CSMonitor.com
Well, since we have magical CO2 to keep us warm... I guess it's okay.

If temps go up, AGW

If temps decrease, AGW.

Is that about right?

Per usual, you don't understand at all. Fewer sunpots are a predictor of lower temps. Since the skeptics say it's all the sun, if temps don't go down significantly, their position is SCREWED! :eusa_whistle:
But but but... global warming has nothing to do with the sun! It's all mankind's fault! Magical CO2 is gonna fry us all! Haven't you moron's been preaching that for years?

Last edited:

If temps go up, AGW

If temps decrease, AGW.

Is that about right?

They are screwed anyway. They've not only been claiming for years that global warming has stopped, but within the last few years they've jumped on a global cooling bandwagon. When temperatures continue rising through this decade they are going to have no fallback. All their blog posts predicting cooling will come back to haunt them and they won't be able to blame the Sun or the PDO for the warming anymore. It'll be impossible for them to regain a position where they say they expected the warming.

If temps go up, AGW

If temps decrease, AGW.

Is that about right?

But but but... global warming has nothing to do with the sun! It's all mankind's fault! Magical CO2 is gonna fry us all! Haven't you moron's been preaching that for years?

The only moron here is you.

No one has ever said the Sun is not involved earth's climate. The climate scientists always factor in the Sun's activity.

Do a little reading...seriously.

Oh...and the plural of moron is not moron's.

Forum List

Back