A third of employers may drop health benefits

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
• At least 30 percent of employers would gain economically from dropping coverage, and

• More than 85 percent of employees would remain at their jobs even without health benefits, although about 60 percent would expect more pay.

Small business owners are worried about the rising health care costs and the price of implementing new reform rules. Many Republicans in Congress, including House Speaker John Boehner of Butler County, are against the law and want to change or repeal it.

Regardless of what happens, there are many large companies that have a big stake in whether the law is repealed, changed or kept as was passed.

Good job Obama ,you have fucked us again..........

$obamacarelines.jpg

You should provide a link if you're gonna post facts to support your point. Not doubting you, but a source would be helpful.

• At least 30 percent of employers would gain economically from dropping coverage, and

• More than 85 percent of employees would remain at their jobs even without health benefits, although about 60 percent would expect more pay.

Small business owners are worried about the rising health care costs and the price of implementing new reform rules. Many Republicans in Congress, including House Speaker John Boehner of Butler County, are against the law and want to change or repeal it.

Regardless of what happens, there are many large companies that have a big stake in whether the law is repealed, changed or kept as was passed.

View attachment 20021

And all I need to do to be covered is pay $685 a year. Damn cheaper than what I have now.

Fucking brilliant!

All employers should be out of the healthcare business

Why does America insist that your boss should get to decide what insurance you should have? Employees should not be tied to a job because they are afraid to lose to lose their coverage

The seen unseen consequence. The only people that didn't see this coming are those that base their "logic" on emotion instead of reason. Like the president.

The seen unseen consequence. The only people that didn't see this coming are those that base their "logic" on emotion instead of reason. Like the president.

Employers were dumping health insurance coverage long before Obamacare

Why does America insist that your boss should get to decide what insurance you should have? Employees should not be tied to a job because they are afraid to lose to lose their coverage

America doesn't insist. Employers do it because it provides an incentive to hire employees. Employees like it because a group policy is considerably cheaper than a stand alone policy. If the employer can provide at $500 what the employee would otherwise have to pay $1000, it is win-win. This isn't a philosophical issue. It's all about money and that is not going to change.

That's interesting. "Dumping" it, or unable to afford it. In my almost 25 years of working, I've always had employer covered insurance. It is a perk they can offer to attract talent. Now that the costs of insurance are going to go sky high, it will be more business minded to drop the bundle plans and let individuals get their own plan....at a much larger cost.

That's interesting. "Dumping" it, or unable to afford it. In my almost 25 years of working, I've always had employer covered insurance. It is a perk they can offer to attract talent. Now that the costs of insurance are going to go sky high, it will be more business minded to drop the bundle plans and let individuals get their own plan....at a much larger cost.

Another rw who hasn't read what the law really does.

I absolutely agree with this. Tying healthcare insurance to corporation's employees was a really bad idea.

Someone call Ripley's...

Last edited:

View attachment 20021

And all I need to do to be covered is pay $685 a year. Damn cheaper than what I have now.

Fucking brilliant!

Nobody is covered when they pay the penalty. They just don't have to provide insurance to their employees. Of course, they don't have to provide insurance now, yet they do. At this point nobody knows for certain what the ACA will do to costs, but so far, the increases in premiums I have received the last two years have only been 4.5% compared to rate increases of 10% to 15% in years prior to the ACA being passed.

America doesn't insist. Employers do it because it provides an incentive to hire employees. Employees like it because a group policy is considerably cheaper than a stand alone policy. If the employer can provide at $500 what the employee would otherwise have to pay $1000, it is win-win. This isn't a philosophical issue. It's all about money and that is not going to change.

and that worked fine until insurane started getting more and more expensive. You always do better as a group than as an individual.....the best entity to form groups....The Government not your boss

Very true statement. However, as the system is geared right now, the cost of insurance without an employer is astromically high and it going to go through the roof in 2014!

and that worked fine until insurane started getting more and more expensive. You always do better as a group than as an individual.....the best entity to form groups....The Government not your boss

I'm not sure I am convinced of that. I would certainly disagree with the idea that the government should be the sole source for coverage. The best systems out there are all hybrids.

In comparing health care systems, I think most of the industrialized nations score higher than we do in terms of level of cost vs services rendered. OTOH, none of them match us in sheer size. Most of those nations have the size and population of one of our mid-sized states. So I have serious concerns about the capability of our government to handle this.

Employers were dumping health insurance coverage long before Obamacare

True.

The op is dumb. Insurance is a lot cheaper now, or would be if the damn Rs would get the hell out of it.

I'm sorry... So is it cheaper or not? You can't credit Obama and claim HI is cheaper then say HI is not cheaper because of Republicans, it makes you look stupid.

View attachment 20021

Fucking brilliant!

That $685.00 will seem out of reach when you employer tells you you are now a part time employee or are layed off.The $685.00 you refer to is the tax penalty you will pay for not being covered ,you still will not have coverage ........
$obamacarelines.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back