A Timeout for Art. Don’t Thank Me Yet.

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Swollen with anticipation, we turn our attention away from politics to the self-refuting world of Ms Sandrine Schaefer. This time, our inexplicably underfunded performance artist has taken her talents to the streets of Belfast, where her attempts to disconcert the natives with mind-shattering concepts can be witnessed below.

The featured work, Pace Investigations No. 9, reveals “tensions between mechanical, cyclical, and felt time, shared in a site of historic trauma.” Tensions that are, we’re assured, “palpable.”

Sadly, with one brief exception - and despite the palpable tensions of Ms Schaefer’s “guerrilla street performance” - passers-by still pass on by. Somehow, incredibly, getting on with their lives.

ICA announces 2015 Foster Prize winners - The Boston Globe

Now if you aren’t saying this is bullshit, then you are one of the many modern art worshipping Leftards who still smokes banana peels because of a song and you don’t want to look uncool to your fellow Leftards.

Swollen with anticipation, we turn our attention away from politics to the self-refuting world of Ms Sandrine Schaefer. This time, our inexplicably underfunded performance artist has taken her talents to the streets of Belfast, where her attempts to disconcert the natives with mind-shattering concepts can be witnessed below.

The featured work, Pace Investigations No. 9, reveals “tensions between mechanical, cyclical, and felt time, shared in a site of historic trauma.” Tensions that are, we’re assured, “palpable.”

Sadly, with one brief exception - and despite the palpable tensions of Ms Schaefer’s “guerrilla street performance” - passers-by still pass on by. Somehow, incredibly, getting on with their lives.

Now if you aren’t saying this is bullshit, then you are one of the many modern art worshipping Leftards who still smokes banana peels because of a song and you don’t want to look uncool to your fellow Leftards.

Now that's what I call putting one's nose to the grindstone.

"Bullshit"? Who the fuck am I to judge what she's doing?

Oh wait --- before that, who the fuck are you?

Here's a tip for the intellectually shortchanged ---- if somebody thousands of miles away is doing something you can't grok, just move the fuck on to something you can.

But congratulations on having expanded your irrelevant-butthurt horizons from a Congresswoman three thousand miles away, to an artist seven thousand miles away.

Or...

curly-pie.jpg

I never got modern art. Well, I liked that rebus guy--what was his name? Giant collages.
There was an installation of a toilet. There were Campbells soup cans. Can't get into it, but like Pogo said, no sense getting worked up over it. Go get yourself a black velvet Elvis and call it good.

Anyone want to guess what political party this complete fool belongs to?

Anyone want to guess why binary morons think some random artist in the UK needs to "belong to" a political party?

Or were you referring to yourself?

Typical lemming-joiner. Thinks people have to "belong to" something. SMGDH

Last edited:

Anyone want to guess why binary morons think some random artist in the UK needs to belong to a political party?

I never said anything about "need". Im merely pointing out that one particular party consistently attracts these bufoons.

Anyone want to guess why binary morons think some random artist in the UK needs to belong to a political party?

I never said anything about "need". Im merely pointing out that one particular party consistently attracts these bufoons.

You're "merely" ass-suming you can plug politics into art.

Why the fuck would an artist need a political party? That shit is for followers. Artists are the opposite of followers.

Exactly what the fuck turnip truck did y'all fall off from --- y'all who think everybody in the world "belongs to" a political party? What kind of binary bullshit IS that?

FYI the largest-populated political party group in these United Snakes is the one I "belong to" --- it's called "none". You'd be shocked at how easy it is to "join". And the dues are quite reasonable.

Why the fuck would an artist need a political party? That shit is for followers. Artists are the opposite of followers.

Exactly what the fuck turnip truck did y'all fall off from --- y'all who think everybody in the world "belongs to" a political party? What kind of binary bullshit IS that?

FYI the largest-populated political party group in these United Snakes is the one I "belong to" --- it's called "none".

You KNOW shes a democrat. Dont play dumb.

Here's a tip for the intellectually shortchanged ---- if somebody thousands of miles away is doing something you can't grok, just move the fuck on to something you can.

But congratulations on having expanded your irrelevant-butthurt horizons from a Congresswoman three thousand miles away, to an artist seven thousand miles away.
Perfect Leftard reaction. Too much of a cuckhold to judge art.

We knows who’s smoking banana peels thinking he’s cool now.

FYI the largest-populated political party group in these United Snakes is the one I "belong to" --- it's called "none".

He’s not playing.

I "KNOW" no such thing, nor do you, nor is it my business or yours.'

What I do KNOW is that political party association is NOT automatically required of all people, that most people just don't do it, that political parties have absolute squatso to do with art, and that if one was associated with (or in your term "belonged to") a political party there would be more than two possibilities as to what that party might be, and it would **STILL** have absolute Bupkis to do with art.

Binary zombies. SMFH

What the fuck's next? Sports? "The way that runner slid into third base, clearly he's a Republican"? Food? "I'd like a conservative burger with far-right fries..." Everyday travel? "See that? That guy got off on the left exit. He's a commie" :banghead:

Fer fuck's sake get OFF the crazy train once in a while, nomsane?

Last edited:

I know enough about art to know that anybody who makes a judgment based on a cherrypicked internet photo is a friggin' retard.

What I do KNOW is that political party association is NOT automatically required of all people, that most people just don't do it, that political parties have absolute squatso to do with art, and that if one was associated with (or in your term "belonged to") a political party there would be more than two possibilities as to what that party might be, and it would **STILL** have absolute Bupkis to do with art.

Binary zombies. SMFH

What the fuck's next? Sports? "The way that runner slid into third base, clearly he's a Republican"? Food? "I'd like a conservative burger with far-right fries..." Everyday travel? "See that? That guy got off on the left exit. He's a commie" :banghead:

Fer fuck's sake get OFF the train once in a while, nomsane?
^ Thats a lot of denial for someone who knows im right.

I know enough about art to know that anybody who makes a judgment based on a cherrypicked internet photo is a friggin' retard.
Thanks for displaying your ignorance, Dufus.

It’s a video.

Go smoke some more banana peels and tell your comrades how high it gets you.

Binary zombies. SMFH

Fer fuck's sake get OFF the train once in a while, nomsane?
^ Thats a lot of denial for someone who knows im right.
Pogo thinks this is certainly a good deal. And no one should dare judge it.

Some sucker, I mean art lover, paid $43M for this.
E913E880-AFDA-431F-B620-00295C279F24.jpeg

Forum List

Back