A Travesty: Muslim Call To Prayer To Be Chanted Every Friday Across Campus At Duke University

Could you guys bring up all of the murders by radicals before the City Council too.
Fewer people would object to the Adhan being chanted if somebody like yourself openly condemned acts of terror by other Muslims.
The issue brought up before the City Council was calling the Adhan from the roof top of the Mosque during prescribed times.

Nothing else concerning the Mosque or Islam was on the council's agenda. .... :cool:

Last edited:
I figured the liberals here would find some excuse to defend this.
So predictable.

Politics, the law, political-correctness.....all just tools for the left to return us back to a pre-9/11 posture.

Yeah, it is amazing that someone could excuse a private institution making its own decisions. How dare they!!
Yup yup

January 15, 2015
Duke University finds homosexual haters it can embrace
By Thomas Lifson

Duke University is one of the most politically correct campuses in the nation, a title for which there is abundant competition. Chick Fil A’s outlet on campus closed in 2013, after its contract expired in the wake of concerns expressed by the LGBT Center.

But now comes news that the Muslim call to prayer, the adhan, will echo from the bell tower of the Duke chapel – Duke’s most iconic structure -- every Friday, electronically amplified. CNN:

Starting Friday, the Duke Muslim Students Association will chant the call, or adhan, from the Duke Chapel bell tower. The adhan signals the beginning of the weekly prayer service. It's ubiquitous in Muslim countries the world over; not so in the Carolina piedmont.

The call will last three minutes and will be only "moderately amplified," the school said.

Duke, which got its start in the late 19th century with help from the Methodist church, says the move "represents a larger commitment to religious pluralism that is at the heart of Duke's mission."

I wonder how the LGBT Center feels about this? Islam calls for the killing of homosexuals. If mere opposition to same sex marriage is cause for outrage, how about the killing of homosexuals?

Blog Duke University finds homosexual haters it can embrace

Duke is a private college. They can do what they want in this regard. Oh, and by the way, Breitbart is still dead. Just sayin...
So predictable.

Politics, the law, political-correctness.....all just tools for the left to return us back to a pre-9/11 posture.

Yeah, it is amazing that someone could excuse a private institution making its own decisions. How dare they!!
Yup yup

January 15, 2015
By Thomas Lifson

Duke University is one of the most politically correct campuses in the nation, a title for which there is abundant competition. Chick Fil A’s outlet on campus closed in 2013, after its contract expired in the wake of concerns expressed by the LGBT Center.

But now comes news that the Muslim call to prayer, the adhan, will echo from the bell tower of the Duke chapel – Duke’s most iconic structure -- every Friday, electronically amplified. CNN:

Starting Friday, the Duke Muslim Students Association will chant the call, or adhan, from the Duke Chapel bell tower. The adhan signals the beginning of the weekly prayer service. It's ubiquitous in Muslim countries the world over; not so in the Carolina piedmont.

The call will last three minutes and will be only "moderately amplified," the school said.

Duke, which got its start in the late 19th century with help from the Methodist church, says the move "represents a larger commitment to religious pluralism that is at the heart of Duke's mission."

I wonder how the LGBT Center feels about this? Islam calls for the killing of homosexuals. If mere opposition to same sex marriage is cause for outrage, how about the killing of homosexuals?

Correction - radical Islam calls for the killing of homosexuals.

Duke is a private college. They can do what they want in this regard. Oh, and by the way, Breitbart is still dead. Just sayin...
So predictable.

Yup yup

January 15, 2015
By Thomas Lifson

So, putting them to death is the only evidence that Muslims hate gays?

Plenty on both sides of the issue would tell you otherwise.

So predictable.

Yup yup

January 15, 2015
By Thomas Lifson

I made no statement to that effect. I was merely pointing out that it is radical Islam that calls for killing homosexuals. But since this is being argued, I have seen so-called Christians in this country say essentially as much. Why no comment on those people?

So predictable.

Yup yup

January 15, 2015
By Thomas Lifson

I made no statement to that effect. I was merely pointing out that it is radical Islam that calls for killing homosexuals. But since this is being argued, I have seen so-called Christians in this country say essentially as much. Why no comment on those people?

Indeed, it is the radical muslims who want to put gays to death. The mainstream muslims have not tried to do any such thing.

Our mosque wanted to broadcast the Adhan (call to prayer) through a loudspeaker on the roof.

Some people objected and the issue went before the City Council.

It was brought up that the Catholic church a block down the street rang it's steeple bells several times per day.

We won the case and the beautiful Adhan now permeates the air 5 times per day. ...... :thup:
Broadcasting evil over the speakers

What you call 'evil' we Americans call Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech.

It's sad to say, people but Dook University is called Harvard Of The South. Nothing but puking Liberals and a lousy football team. They'll eat this Muslim shit up.

Yeah imagine how insulting that is to be compared to Harvard.......

Doesn't Duke know that colleges only exist to be training camps for the NFL?

Our mosque wanted to broadcast the Adhan (call to prayer) through a loudspeaker on the roof.

Some people objected and the issue went before the City Council.

It was brought up that the Catholic church a block down the street rang it's steeple bells several times per day.

We won the case and the beautiful Adhan now permeates the air 5 times per day. ...... :thup:
Broadcasting evil over the speakers

What you call 'evil' we Americans call Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech.
we also call it; separation of church and state

and bigotry, since they do nothing for the other religions

Who cares?

Why is this a problem to anyone?

The same reason why you liberals don't want christians prayers in our schools. It fucks your belief system up.

Islam is just 10 times worse for you.

I am fine with religion in private schools- like Duke.

Duke is treating treating Muslims students like it treats Christians students.

Who other than religious bigots would object to that?

So predictable.

Yup yup

January 15, 2015
By Thomas Lifson

Excuse my frankness, but :bsflag:

no more grant money for Duke or any other funds from any level of government

separation of church and state

How has Duke breached that? They are not leading the prayers. What they are doing is the same as ringing the church bells.

I question their timing.

The victims of Charlie Hebdo aren't even all buried, and these idiots start piping the Adhan all over campus.

no more grant money for Duke or any other funds from any level of government

separation of church and state

How has Duke breached that? They are not leading the prayers. What they are doing is the same as ringing the church bells.

I question their timing.

The victims of Charlie Hebdo aren't even all buried, and these idiots start piping the Adhan all over campus.

I doubt the decision was made overnight. And I also doubt that college students at Duke had anything to do with the travesty in Paris.

Forum List

Back