🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

A woman in Ranger School...

There were entire female USSR air force regiments in WWII: fighters, recon, transport. The ladies had their own artillery regiments.

That is only one example of so many in history where women have done "men's work" and done it well.

No....they did it because Stalin squandered all the men and they had no choice but to use women to fight...........

Women have been warriors throughout history. Scythian women would sear one of their breasts so that they wouldn't interfere with their bow and spear use. They were the origin of the ancient Greek stories of the Amazons.

Can you see women taking any similar actions to improve their record for being in the elite sections of the service? That was a different time.

The women in this group had very little warning that they had been selected to go. Men who have been selected usually have a year to prepare for the school. Give these women a year to prep and you will see at least two pass.

Possibly, but that is a far cry from the number of males that will pass. And let's hope they don't lower the standards just to get diversity!

I agree that there should be no lowering of standards. To do that is an insult to the 3% of the Army personnel who are even capable of going to the school, much less passing it.

that's easy to explain. you were never in viet nam.

Once again, is "ogibillm" a name or are you choking on a dick?
i know you think that's clever, so please, keep asking.
No....they did it because Stalin squandered all the men and they had no choice but to use women to fight...........

Women have been warriors throughout history. Scythian women would sear one of their breasts so that they wouldn't interfere with their bow and spear use. They were the origin of the ancient Greek stories of the Amazons.

Can you see women taking any similar actions to improve their record for being in the elite sections of the service? That was a different time.

The women in this group had very little warning that they had been selected to go. Men who have been selected usually have a year to prepare for the school. Give these women a year to prep and you will see at least two pass.

Possibly, but that is a far cry from the number of males that will pass. And let's hope they don't lower the standards just to get diversity!

I agree that there should be no lowering of standards. To do that is an insult to the 3% of the Army personnel who are even capable of going to the school, much less passing it.
i'm sure much more are capable, they'll just never have the shot for whatever reason.

i'm sure much more are capable, they'll just never have the shot for whatever reason.

Just a qquestion. What if you were in need of physical help. Would you want a man who had one standard to pass to come to your aid, or a woman who passed with lower standards?

Just a question. What if you were in need of physical help. Would you want a man who had one standard to pass to come to your aid, or a woman who passed with lower standards?
i'd want someone competent. if i were in need of help i don't think i'd care about where the bar was set for the individual.

none of which really plays into what i said. I would wager that greater than 3% of Army personnel are, or were, capable of passing if they were afforded the opportunity.

Just a qquestion. What if you were in need of physical help. Would you want a man who had one standard to pass to come to your aid, or a woman who passed with lower standards?

That's the whole point. Standards MUST not be lowered for anyone to enter into an elite unit.

Either. Most of the challenge of the Rangers or any spec ops training isn't physical, it's mental. Perfectly healthy, very strong men wash out of these programs by the hundreds because they're not strong where it counts, in the head. I don't buy the argument that women are going to bring down the Airborne Ranger Corps because women work as part of a team and there are extremely few circumstances where a female's lesser upper body strength will actually be a liability.

I was never airborne, nor did I even contemplate trying out for any elite military training. Hell, I probably wouldn't have even made it as an 11Bravo. Army Basic Combat Training was hard enough for me. Nearly everyone there could meet the physical requirements. Most who washed out did so because they couldn't handle the mental stress. That's where the challenge is.

I changed my mind because I used to be very much against females in combat. But there is a very special breed of woman who is designed to be a warrior and has been true for the entire history of warfare. We Indians had a way of dealing with the rare occasion where a female in the tribe wanted to hunt and fight instead of falling into the traditional role for women in the tribe. She was discouraged at first, but some just wouldn't take no for an answer and eventually would be included in the hunter warrior culture. There will always be women like that, who are fighters and have the heart of a warrior. They can't be held back forever and if they're willing to rise to the challenge, they should be included.

Good post.

Either. Most of the challenge of the Rangers or any spec ops training isn't physical, it's mental. Perfectly healthy, very strong men wash out of these programs by the hundreds because they're not strong where it counts, in the head. I don't buy the argument that women are going to bring down the Airborne Ranger Corps because women work as part of a team and there are extremely few circumstances where a female's lesser upper body strength will actually be a liability.

I was never airborne, nor did I even contemplate trying out for any elite military training. Hell, I probably wouldn't have even made it as an 11Bravo. Army Basic Combat Training was hard enough for me. Nearly everyone there could meet the physical requirements. Most who washed out did so because they couldn't handle the mental stress. That's where the challenge is.

I changed my mind because I used to be very much against females in combat. But there is a very special breed of woman who is designed to be a warrior and has been true for the entire history of warfare. We Indians had a way of dealing with the rare occasion where a female in the tribe wanted to hunt and fight instead of falling into the traditional role for women in the tribe. She was discouraged at first, but some just wouldn't take no for an answer and eventually would be included in the hunter warrior culture. There will always be women like that, who are fighters and have the heart of a warrior. They can't be held back forever and if they're willing to rise to the challenge, they should be included.

Good post.

Just a question. What if you were in need of physical help. Would you want a man who had one standard to pass to come to your aid, or a woman who passed with lower standards?
i'd want someone competent. if i were in need of help i don't think i'd care about where the bar was set for the individual.

none of which really plays into what i said. I would wager that greater than 3% of Army personnel are, or were, capable of passing if they were afforded the opportunity.

No...it is one of the toughest schools in the Army......the failure rate is high...and that is among men who already pass the entrance requirements...

No...it is one of the toughest schools in the Army......the failure rate is high...and that is among men who already pass the entrance requirements...
i get that. i just guess that there are some that could pass that either choose not to go or aren't afforded the opportunity.
maybe not many, but some.
for instance i have a friend, an apache pilot. he had to do seers and flight school, and obviously he passed. before he commissioned he went to drill instructor school (whatever that's called). he'll never try to become a ranger, and he'd never be given the opportunity. still, in my mind there's little chance he'd be unsuccessful.

i doubt he's the only one.

I was listening to Dan and Amy this morning on their radio show........Dan has a friend whose son was in the same Ranger School class as one of the last 3 women to fail the school. He said she held up to the physical requirements but failed in the planning and leadership aspects of the training....

And no...this is not saying all women can't plan raids and ambushes....but this woman failed that part of the course........

And? Men never fail it?

Hmmmm...did I say that?....no.....many men fail that portion each class sine Ranger School is a leadership school.....this is why she failed the class.......

No link substantiating your claim, no transscript for the radio show. I'm assuming you made it up to bash women in elite candidate programs.

All Female Ranger Candidates Have Now Completely Failed Out

The women almost certainly ARE (or have, for a long time previously) taking male steroids, or they couldn't pass the physical requirements to be Rangers

It depends upon the era. In 1971, the Army had almost NO physical requirments. I saw guys make it thru Basic who literally could not do 5 (proper) pushups, or even 10 situps, nor even a single chinup. Entry level stuff for the SEALS was nothing much back then, either. Graduation, I dunno, but the stuff for being eligible for the training was nothing much.

When you had entire companies refusing to go on missions in Vietnam, the standards in BCT were almost nothing.

Leftist social-engineering....women do not belong in infantry or air-mobile units PERIOD. The reasons are well-known and obvious. Once the current piece of crap in the WH is in Hawaii or Leavenworth, hopefully this idiocy stops.
Typical right wing bigotry, allegedly in the name of morals; if StarShip Troopers wouldn't have a problem with it, why should the militia of the United States.
In Starship Troopers everyone was held to the same standards.

Leftist social-engineering....women do not belong in infantry or air-mobile units PERIOD. The reasons are well-known and obvious. Once the current piece of crap in the WH is in Hawaii or Leavenworth, hopefully this idiocy stops.
Typical right wing bigotry, allegedly in the name of morals; if StarShip Troopers wouldn't have a problem with it, why should the militia of the United States.
so, i guess these chics are just failing the shower test.

so, i guess these chics are just failing the shower test.

This what you're referring to?

Demi-Moore-Shower.jpg

When you had entire companies refusing to go on missions in Vietnam, the standards in BCT were almost nothing.
That is a myth created by Walter Cronkite, Minister of Information for the VC.
You are a myth of your own creation. :lol:

Acts of Defiance A Short History of Mutinies in the U.S. Military militaryhistorynow.com

1961-1973 GI resistance in the Vietnam war

GI Revolts The Breakdown of the U.S. Army in Vietnam by Richard Boyle

Forum List

Back