A woman whose mother was murdered in front of her explains why we need guns...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This woman watched as two men murdered her mother with an illegal gun.......and testifies in colorado to help keep our 2nd Amendment rights alive....

Krista Ceresa: My Past Will Not Define My Future

The last man executed in the state of Colorado was the man who murdered my mother…
This is how I was told I needed to start my letter to state legislators in 2013 when I decided to stand tall and speak out against the sweeping gun control legislation presented in Colorado. But as much as I was committed to taking action, I was grossly offended at the fact that my chances of being heard as a citizen were obsolete without divulging my very “personal and relevant” story to make the case on why I felt as though my Second Amendment rights were being infringed upon.

Apparently, some people thought that in order for my insight to be respected, I had to first revisit and share a very painful scene with strangers and legislators that brings me back to the most horrific time in my life each and every time I talk about it.

So before I gave my testimony, I was forced to describe myself as a young girl; how I watched my mother being chased around the yard by a criminal as I was held restrained by another assailant on the front steps of our country home. I recalled the panic in her voice as she glanced toward me on the porch, desperately struggling for a means to protect us both. I described this scene from years ago in order for my voice to be heard that day.

After exhausting my painful past, I was able to testify to legislators that the man who violently assaulted her and ultimately took her life, had obtained his firearm illegally.

Then I told them their proposed gun control legislation would do nothing to keep violent criminals from obtaining guns now or in the future and would only hurt the ability of law abiding citizens’ like me to defend ourselves effectively.

Aside from the effects of my past, my needs as an adult woman and mother are the same as any other sensible woman trying to protect herself and her family from the evil that undoubtedly lurks in this world. I am a law abiding citizen.

This woman watched as two men murdered her mother with an illegal gun.......and testifies in colorado to help keep our 2nd Amendment rights alive....

Krista Ceresa: My Past Will Not Define My Future

The last man executed in the state of Colorado was the man who murdered my mother…
This is how I was told I needed to start my letter to state legislators in 2013 when I decided to stand tall and speak out against the sweeping gun control legislation presented in Colorado. But as much as I was committed to taking action, I was grossly offended at the fact that my chances of being heard as a citizen were obsolete without divulging my very “personal and relevant” story to make the case on why I felt as though my Second Amendment rights were being infringed upon.

Apparently, some people thought that in order for my insight to be respected, I had to first revisit and share a very painful scene with strangers and legislators that brings me back to the most horrific time in my life each and every time I talk about it.

So before I gave my testimony, I was forced to describe myself as a young girl; how I watched my mother being chased around the yard by a criminal as I was held restrained by another assailant on the front steps of our country home. I recalled the panic in her voice as she glanced toward me on the porch, desperately struggling for a means to protect us both. I described this scene from years ago in order for my voice to be heard that day.

After exhausting my painful past, I was able to testify to legislators that the man who violently assaulted her and ultimately took her life, had obtained his firearm illegally.

Then I told them their proposed gun control legislation would do nothing to keep violent criminals from obtaining guns now or in the future and would only hurt the ability of law abiding citizens’ like me to defend ourselves effectively.

Aside from the effects of my past, my needs as an adult woman and mother are the same as any other sensible woman trying to protect herself and her family from the evil that undoubtedly lurks in this world. I am a law abiding citizen.

I can't even think of the torment this woman has experienced, to watch the person who gave you life murdered in front of you, this is something I cannot imagine how torturous this must be.

Forum List

Back