A year in jail for burning the flag?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
I get the hatred for those that disrespect our great nation but thats a very ridiculous notion. Ultimately it boils down to jailing political rivals.

I can see a misdemeanor fine for starting a fire if you are not on private property. Say up to 500 dollar fine or a week in jail. Fire is dangerous after all. But a year in jail? Come on with the crazy talk Trump.

Also I do not think it was appropriate for him to be using foul language at a rally that people took their children to. I get that passion is important but that can be achieved without that.

Other than that I think he had a good rally and his anecdotes were great for reving up the crowd.

This has been challenged and defeated in court. He is just pandering to the crowd. What he SHOULD be talking about is regulating big tech like utilities, for their censorship.
He has the entire bully pulpit and just rambles on about inane horseshit....believe me...believe me.
Excellent point.

Did he even mention social media shutting down conservative voices?

I get the hatred for those that disrespect our great nation but thats a very ridiculous notion. Ultimately it boils down to jailing political rivals.

I can see a misdemeanor fine for starting a fire if you are not on private property. Say up to 500 dollar fine or a week in jail. Fire is dangerous after all. But a year in jail? Come on with the crazy talk Trump.

Also I do not think it was appropriate for him to be using foul language at a rally that people took their children to. I get that passion is important but that can be achieved without that.

Other than that I think he had a good rally and his anecdotes were great for reving up the crowd.

so are you beginning to see that conservatism is ALSO a mental disorder?

I agree. And while Trump is still far, and away the better of the two political offerings we have to choose from in November; this isn't the first off the cuff remark he's made that should trigger certain alarms amongst freedom loving Americans.

american citizens should respect the flag of the greatest nation in the history of the world. If you dont respect the flag, then you dont respect the nation and should not be here.

A year may be excessive, but the idea is correct.
This president still doesn't get it and neither do you. It is awful symbolism, but it is protected under "free Speech" under the first amendment to the Constitution of The United States. The president took an oath, "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States." He does not support the oath he took. He does not support the Constitution, and neither do you.

Last edited:
american citizens should respect the flag of the greatest nation in the history of the world. If you dont respect the flag, then you dont respect the nation and should not be here.

A year may be excessive, but the idea is correct.
There have been a bunch of court cases on flag burning.
It is freedom of speech.
Trump knows that he can't ban flag burning.
He was just making a point.
BTW, The Left will try to make it a hate crime to burn Antifa, LGBT or BLM flags the first chance that they get.

18 U.S. Code § 700.Desecration of the flag of the United States; penalties(a)
(1)
Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.
(2)
This subsection does not prohibit any conduct consisting of the disposal of a flag when it has become worn or soiled.
(b)
As used in this section, the term “flag of the United States” means any flag of the United States, or any part thereof, made of any substance, of any size, in a form that is commonly displayed.
(c)
Nothing in this section shall be construed as indicating an intent on the part of Congress to deprive any State, territory, possession, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico of jurisdiction over any offense over which it would have jurisdiction in the absence of this section.
(d)
(1)
An appeal may be taken directly to the Supreme Court of the United States from any interlocutory or final judgment, decree, or order issued by a United States district court ruling upon the constitutionality of subsection (a).
(2)
The Supreme Court shall, if it has not previously ruled on the question, accept jurisdiction over the appeal and advance on the docket and expedite to the greatest extent possible.

so are you beginning to see that conservatism is ALSO a mental disorder?
More to the point. Extremism is a mental disorder. And the Progs are in control and have been for many years. We continue to move left. And we see the results with the tyranny by history destruction, by personal shaming, by personal destruction, by property destruction and by threats to person. We have endless amounts of people in on this and I am surprised our nation has not fallen sooner. We have put a salve over the dirty work that has to be done to keep the nation going. And uplifted by lies, and pushed in a hero way preferred groups who help to do it. People who know who really do it have a leg up on others who believe in the pollyanna way.

I support shooting them in the fuckin face or shipping them to North Korea.

So that Kim Jung Un can shoot them in the fuckin face with a howitzer.

Just to be clear, I think this should be government policy, to execute TRAITORS. If you use your "Freedom of Speech" to declare yourself an enemy of the Republic, the penalty for Treason is quite clear in the COTUS.

I don't advocate any civilian shooting a bed wetting traitor in the face, it should be done on the White House lawn after a trial just to make it legal and legit, carried out by a commissioned officer.

Then again shooting bed wetters in the face doesn't mean you'll hit any vital organs. Gabby Giffords is living proof.

Last edited:

Other than that, President Lincoln, how was the show?

Burning the flag is not an act of American political rivalry, unless you believe some real foreign nation such as China has occupied some portion of US soil. Further, burning the flag should cost the one doing it at least five years and any associated ass kicking that comes along as consequence.

Okay, so let's look at this. The left has told us in the past that a flag is nothing more than a worthless piece of cloth. Burning it is not a display of hatred for our country, but freedom of expression. Yet, all across the nation, we had to remove the confederate flag from courthouses, Governors mansions, state houses, even Walmart.

So what's worse, a total elimination of a flag, or facing one year in prison for burning one? Because you see, according to the left, the US flag has no real impact on our lives, but to them, a confederate flag does. Yes......I know.....they are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

Forum List

Back