AAPL (Apple) to repatriate $200 of $252 Billion to US?

Buybacks allow a company to keep more of its profits, thus helping it's own bottom line and making expansion easier if warranted.

Moron, IF Apple wanted to expand it could have done it way before this tax scam.....but they didn't. WHY IS THAT???

Maybe there wasn't demand. but in the end the buybacks will give them better ability to do so when warranted.

More self-ownership of stock = a healthier company = more flexibility in expanding if warranted.

2. Corporations are TAX COLLECTORS. How do you think they pay their taxes? By taking money from us, that is how. Corporations are middle men, nothing more, nothing less. The more the government requires them to pay, the more they have to charge us for the product.

So, if this is true then then inverse must also be ture, and the less the government requires them to pay the less they have to charge us for the product, right?

So, we should be seeing 15% drops in the prices of everything in this country soon based upon your logic.
40% less in prices...the corporation tax cut was a 40% REDUCTION in their taxes....and what was ours again, us peon's tax reductions?

We just shifted more of the wealth in this nation, out of the hands of us peon workers and in to the hands of the already wealthy who own most of the Nation.... we just made the Gap between the wealthiest, and the rest of us, even greater...

And that is NOT healthy for the future of this nation, and this is my concern...the Nation's future....for the working man.

Maybe there wasn't demand. but in the end the buybacks will give them better ability to do so when warranted.

More self-ownership of stock = a healthier company = more flexibility in expanding if warranted.

So,you OPENLY ADMIT that the tax scam was PRIMARILY to help conglomerates...and only some crumbs to the middle class, correct?

2. Corporations are TAX COLLECTORS. How do you think they pay their taxes? By taking money from us, that is how. Corporations are middle men, nothing more, nothing less. The more the government requires them to pay, the more they have to charge us for the product.

So, if this is true then then inverse must also be ture, and the less the government requires them to pay the less they have to charge us for the product, right?

So, we should be seeing 15% drops in the prices of everything in this country soon based upon your logic.
40% less in prices...the corporation tax cut was a 40% REDUCTION in their taxes....and what was ours again, us peon's tax reductions?

We just shifted more of the wealth in this nation, out of the hands of us peon workers and in to the hands of the already wealthy who own most of the Nation.... we just made the Gap between the wealthiest, and the rest of us, even greater...

And that is NOT healthy for the future of this nation, and this is my concern...the Nation's future....for the working man.

1. Another person who can't do math and has no idea.

2. Why do leftists care, they don't want any tax breaks anyway, they want taxes to go up!

So,you OPENLY ADMIT that the tax scam was PRIMARILY to help conglomerates...and only some crumbs to the middle class, correct?

I admit no such thing. I know I am going to get a reduction in taxes even after the loss of SALT over 10k because the standard deduction will cover it.

Apple SAID they were not going to expand business with their money brought home, in the article Iceberg.

They SAID they were going to spend the money on buy backs and an increase in dividends.

that helps ONLY those stock holders and NOT the workers, from my understanding of it?

......and Apple is also about to reward their top management who are ALSO the architects of hiding the profits overseas in tax havens.....in the FIRST place.
It is a lousy tax cut bill....they could have put in to law, in order to get this huge repatriation tax cut, the corps would have to reinvest 'x' amount in to employees or expanding businesses here or something like that, it would seem?

2. Why do leftists care, they don't want any tax breaks anyway, they want taxes to go up!
Why are you such an asshole? Were you born that way or do you work hard at it?

Of course we want tax cuts for the workers...you are just lying scum to claim we don't.... and have pulled that out of where the sun don't shine, and YOU KNOW IT.

Of course we want tax cuts for the workers...you are just lying scum to claim we don't.... and have pulled that out of where the sun don't shine, and YOU KNOW IT.

Oh, then why didn't you demand them under Obama?

Also, you got a tax cut, and now you whine because something else got more? So another words, this is about envy, ok, got it!

If this keeps up, I WILL get tired of all this WINNING

no

no I won't...

AAPL likely to repatriate $200B foreign cash, says GBH, adding predictable Netflix speculation

A GBH research note seen by us predicts that Apple is likely to take advantage of the tax break on repatriated overseas cash to bring back around $200B of its $252B foreign cash hoard.

can_trump_bring_apple_manufacturing_jobs_to_us_wide_image.jpg

32 billion to the treasury, good job Mr. Trump.

and if apple is willing to do it, bring this cash back, then they must be ok with that rate vs. where they currently keep their money. we simply have to be globally competitive in this "global" world but many don't see the connection. they cry GLOBAL when it suits their mood and EVIL BUSINESS for the same.

16% vs. 35% is much better, but they're still stuck with State taxes so it's not just 16%.

Mikey, the amount these companies were taxed for outside the US earnings would be the US rate less the rate in that country.

So you're saying they will bring this money back and pay no taxes?

Apple SAID they were not going to expand business with their money brought home, in the article Iceberg.

They SAID they were going to spend the money on buy backs and an increase in dividends.

that helps ONLY those stock holders and NOT the workers, from my understanding of it?

......and Apple is also about to reward their top management who are ALSO the architects of hiding the profits overseas in tax havens.....in the FIRST place.

Why are you talking like they did something wrong, they didn't.

They peons, as you call them, retirement funds are doing better than ever and more people than ever will pay no income tax. So which are you, envious or greedy?

Crumbs, they are reducing my federal income tax liability by 100%, I don't think rich folks can say that.

If this keeps up, I WILL get tired of all this WINNING

no

no I won't...

AAPL likely to repatriate $200B foreign cash, says GBH, adding predictable Netflix speculation

A GBH research note seen by us predicts that Apple is likely to take advantage of the tax break on repatriated overseas cash to bring back around $200B of its $252B foreign cash hoard.

can_trump_bring_apple_manufacturing_jobs_to_us_wide_image.jpg

and if apple is willing to do it, bring this cash back, then they must be ok with that rate vs. where they currently keep their money. we simply have to be globally competitive in this "global" world but many don't see the connection. they cry GLOBAL when it suits their mood and EVIL BUSINESS for the same.

16% vs. 35% is much better, but they're still stuck with State taxes so it's not just 16%.

Mikey, the amount these companies were taxed for outside the US earnings would be the US rate less the rate in that country.

No, I'm sayimng they got a tax break. Try to keep up.

they want taxes to go up!

That last part you got out of your ass, admit it?........LOL

Really, not one regressive on capital hill voted to reduce the tax burden on the country. I'll be interested in seeing how they run on that position, since they voted not to give the little guy anything.

No, asswipe., they voted not to borrow 1.5 trillion to give wealthy & well off corporations a tax break.

Oh, then why didn't you demand them under Obama?

Also, you got a tax cut, and now you whine because something else got more? So another words, this is about envy, ok, got it!
Congress has to change the law.

Really math wizzard, tell us your alternative math.

Is taking the rate from 35 to 21 a 40% cut or not?

And for you pretend Americans who had a freakin fit over the debt. We now know that if we give you $20 a eek,m you love debt.

No, I'm sayimng they got a tax break. Try to keep up.

Oh, so your were being Cpt. Obvious. LMAO

Forum List

Back