Aaron Schock says he will resign from Congress

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
another teabagger bites the dust

Illinois representative Aaron Schock, a rising star who has faces several ethics inquiries into expensive trips and an elaborately decorated Downton Abbey-themed office, will resign from Congress, Politico reported on Tuesday.

Schock, a Republican who has served in the House since 2009, came under scrutiny over the last month after allegations surfaced that he had improperly used taxpayer and campaign funds on lavish activities including dinners, flights in private jets, and even concert tickets.

The final blow appeared to occur on Monday, when details surfaced of a sweetheart property deal Schock purportedly received from a group of his campaign donors. The reportclaimed that a shell company linked to Schock paid $300,000 to a political donor for a warehouse in Peoria, Illinois, and subsequently took out a $600,000 mortgage on the property from a local bank also run by Schock donors.

Other reports charged that Schock had spent tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars on office renovations and tried to pass off as official business personal expenditures such as a private flight to a Chicago Bears football game with a software executive.

Aaron Schock says he will resign from Congress US news The Guardian

How refreshing to know that idiocy is not 100% confined to Democrats!

I do feel some concern, though, that Schrock's enterprise will bring on a really nasty patent violation action from The DNC.

I'm very disappointed in him. We need more young people in Congress instead of a bunch of wrinkled old Baby Boomers ramming our country straight into the ground

Glad to see him stepping down. Sorry that another Congressman misused their position. I am at the point I think they all do, just some get caught.

I'm disappointed a Tea Partier would do such things

I thought they were about government responsibility

Saw it covered on TV. This guy is nuts.
>
Schock billed the federal government and his campaign for logging roughly 170,000 miles on his personal car from January 2010 through July 2014. But when he sold that Chevrolet Tahoe in July 2014, it had roughly 80,000 miles on the odometer, according to public records obtained by POLITICO under Illinois open records laws. The documents, in other words, indicate he was reimbursed for 90,000 miles more than his car was driven.

Read more: Aaron Schock resigns after new questions about mileage expenses - POLITICO

Saw it covered on TV. This guy is nuts.
>
Schock billed the federal government and his campaign for logging roughly 170,000 miles on his personal car from January 2010 through July 2014. But when he sold that Chevrolet Tahoe in July 2014, it had roughly 80,000 miles on the odometer, according to public records obtained by POLITICO under Illinois open records laws. The documents, in other words, indicate he was reimbursed for 90,000 miles more than his car was driven.

Read more: Aaron Schock resigns after new questions about mileage expenses - POLITICO

Nuts and exceedingly stupid to think no one would ever look at the odometer.

From what I've seen in the news, he's really REALLY dirty.

I think we haven't heard the last of this mess.

A person who steals for food faces arrest, humiliation,criminal charges, fines, possibly jail. Prominent people, like this jerk, can leave with severance pay, retirement benefits, another job, etc.,you get the point. It´s the American way, you know.

I'm very disappointed in him. We need more young people in Congress instead of a bunch of wrinkled old Baby Boomers ramming our country straight into the ground

I'm also disappointed, although a liberal, I do agree, we need young people in congress because I am so tired of the oldsters!!

Another day, another corrupt Republican.

All of them are dirty.
Just not as bad as dimwits.
Michael Grimm.
4i6Ckte.gif

I'm disappointed a Tea Partier would do such things

I thought they were about government responsibility
You're a fucking liar.
You're delighted a REP. scumbag was caught. So am I. Wish you'd have the same personal integrity to condemn members of the DEM party who get caught.

Illinois representative Aaron Schock, a rising star who has faces several ethics inquiries into expensive trips and an elaborately decorated Downton Abbey-themed office, will resign from Congress, Politico reported on Tuesday.

Schock, a Republican who has served in the House since 2009, came under scrutiny over the last month after allegations surfaced that he had improperly used taxpayer and campaign funds on lavish activities including dinners, flights in private jets, and even concert tickets.

The final blow appeared to occur on Monday, when details surfaced of a sweetheart property deal Schock purportedly received from a group of his campaign donors. The reportclaimed that a shell company linked to Schock paid $300,000 to a political donor for a warehouse in Peoria, Illinois, and subsequently took out a $600,000 mortgage on the property from a local bank also run by Schock donors.

Other reports charged that Schock had spent tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars on office renovations and tried to pass off as official business personal expenditures such as a private flight to a Chicago Bears football game with a software executive.

Oh well, now he can redo his apartment in downton abbey mode during his coming out party.

Last edited:

Oh well, now he can redo his apartment in downton abbey mode during his coming out party.

There's nothing to prevent his coming out now.

Forum List

Back