ABC is chess racist debate: Garry Kasparov slams broadcaster

Chess was invented in Africa and brought to europe. How could it be racist?
Picking lice out of your siblings ass and eating it was invented in africa.
Sounds exactly like something that was invented in europe where you were afraid to bathe because you thought water held evil spirits.

" According to one medical treaty of the 16th century, “Water baths warm the body, but weaken the organism and widen pores. That’s why they can be dangerous and cause different diseases, even death.” It wasn’t just diseases from the water itself they were worried about. They also felt that with the pores widened after a bath, this resulted in infections of the air having easier access to the body. Hence, bathing became connected with spread of diseases, not just immorality. "

I'm pretty sure India invented chess. It's what I've always been told and/or read.

I used to be a good player, now I'm average.
Nope. Chess was invented in Africa. Kemet to be exact.. The Dravidians learned the game from them. I havent played in 10 years so I am probably not that good anymore.
By African, you mean Egyptian.

Ancient Egyptians were genetically like modern Eastern Mediterranean Europeans, not sub-Saharan negroids.
Nope. Ancient Egyptians were Blacks. No such thing as sub saharan. Thats just a white boy fable.
Ancient Egyptians were Blacks.

you must be joking ....
Why would I be joking? You got proof they were not Black? I have proof they were Black.
man, i live in the post racial world, i don't care about races, but i do care geography and history , it is absolutely clear that ancient Egyptians were pretty much like modern Egyptians . you can see today Black Egyptians sometimes but they are mostly product of Islamic slavery, economy and new means of tranportation - comunication . have you even been in Egypt ? so badly overrated place on the earth
Yep. I've been to Egypt. Nope the ancient egyptians were definitely Black Africans. If you have been to egypt then you have seen the paintings up close of them. Also you would have seen the natives that are Black Africans. White boy fables are not true history. Long before the Aryans came to Egypt it was a Black kingdom. Even after they came some still said that they were Black. Question. Why did Herodotus describe the Egyptians as Black with woolly hair?
Wrong. Herodotus did not live in Ancient Egyptian times, off by a few thousand years there. Near the fall of Egypt it was conquered by Nubians at times. They never built it.

DNA tests prove that they resemble modern day near east people, not even modern day Egyptians, much less blacks.

But then again, you regressives ignore science when it doesn’t jive with your warped beliefs.

The study was able to measure the mitochondrial DNA of 90 individuals, and it showed that the mitochondrial DNA composition of Egyptian mummies has shown a high level of affinity with the DNA of the populations of the Near East.[36][37] A shared drift and mixture analysis of the DNA of these ancient Egyptian mummies shows that the connection is strongest with ancient populations from the Levant, the Near East and Anatolia, and to a lesser extent modern populations from the Near East and the Levant.[37] In particular the study finds "that ancient Egyptians are most closely related to Neolithic and Bronze Age samples in the Levant, as well as to Neolithic Anatolian populations".[38]

"
DNA tests prove that they resemble modern day near east people, not even modern day Egyptians, much less blacks.
" this what i wrote to this black guy before, and historians knew it before DNA tastes . i wonder how many blacks really believe in white conspiracy over ancient Egypt . ancient Egypt history belongs to whole human race today, no one can privatizate it

I'm pretty sure India invented chess. It's what I've always been told and/or read.

Nope. Chess was invented in Africa. Kemet to be exact.. The Dravidians learned the game from them. I havent played in 10 years so I am probably not that good anymore.
Chaturanga' is the earliest precursor to what we now know as 'Chess'. While it is referenced that they are related, they are not the same game ( by a long stretch), for a start Chaturanga uses only 10 pieces.

As for any claim to India inventing Chaturanga, the earliest documentation can date Chaturanga back to circa 640 A.D, the origin of it is said to be "uncertain"

It is interesting to note that "Fa Xian, a Chinese Buddhist who wrote extensively about his long sojourn in India at the beginning of the 5th century, does not mention the game (Chaturanga), an indication, perhaps, that it was not known then.

Chess, as we now know it , began to take shape circa 1475 where Chaturanga pieces where replaced with their modern counter parts and new laws where introduced.

All of this is gleaned from the 1996 "The Oxford Companion to Chess" so you can believe it or believe not.

FIDE's own president Kirsan Ilyumzhinov believes chess came from Outer Space (google it if you don't believe it) and the BBC's Doctor Who have referenced Chess has been invented by the Time Lords of Galifrey.

The long story short is the origins of Chess are a matter for myth and legend
You do realize that Kemet was around long before 640AD right? Do you see what is in this painting?

history-lists-11-things-you-may-not-know-about-ancient-egypt-board-games_ih019941_corbis-2.jpg
Well, other than it being Nefertiti playing a game called senet? A game that was around for thousands of years before anything like chess.

Ignorant racist asshole.
You poor silly ignorant bastard. Senet was the precursor to chess. Thanks for setting yourself up. :lol:

"The game Senet is very similar to the current game of chess. It was composed of 30 squares in three rows, and each row had 10 squares. Pawns would move in those squares, but it is not yet known how exactly the game worked.

In the era of the New Kingdom (1550-1077 BC), the game Senet was associated with the journey of the dead to the hereafter. It was a talisman that was engraved or carved into the ancient graves and on the walls and placed it next to the deceased in order to help him cross into the hereafter. This is in addition to that it also mentioned in the Book of the Dead, which is one of the oldest religious books known in the ancient world.

Thus, consider the ancient Egyptians who played Senet as the first to know chess, a natural development from the Senet game!

"
Wow, Asspieces. You are truly special. Here, I mounted a video that showed the rules of Senet, how Senet was played, and how it is not in any way related to any concept of Chess other than squares on a board.

I see how you didn't watch that video about the game. There are NO HISTORIANS that associate Senet that you called Kemet, to the concepts of Chess. For one thing in Senet they tossed sticks which are considered to be where dice evolved from. There is no stick tossing or dice rolling in Chess.....

Senet is probably the most ancient known BOARD GAME, so essentially every BOARD GAME can be said can be traced back to Senet. The only relation is they are played on a BOARD. Other than that, there are no concepts of Senet in Chess. It is actually far more relatable to backgammon than chess.

You lose.

Last edited:
Quit trying to steal the history of others. Chess never came from Africa, obviously. Its not as if this is even debatable anyway. Anyone who wants to now where chess came from can easily google it.

so what do you think ...
We hope it wasn’t, but if this was just an attention-grab then the ABC has us all checkmate.

A radio debate by the public broadcaster about whether chess is racist was not only widely slammed in Australia — including by former international representative John Adams — it even earned the ire of perhaps the best to ever do it.
Garry Kasparov, the Russian who was the game’s number one player for the best part of three decades, couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw news.com.au’s coverage of the debate, which aired on Wednesday.
ABC is out of its liberal guilt-ridden white mind

so what do you think ...
We hope it wasn’t, but if this was just an attention-grab then the ABC has us all checkmate.

A radio debate by the public broadcaster about whether chess is racist was not only widely slammed in Australia — including by former international representative John Adams — it even earned the ire of perhaps the best to ever do it.
Garry Kasparov, the Russian who was the game’s number one player for the best part of three decades, couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw news.com.au’s coverage of the debate, which aired on Wednesday.
ABC is out of its liberal guilt-ridden white mind
" ABC is out of its liberal "
chess racist debate" has nothing to do with liberalism , its pure madness or fat trolling , i don't know just crazy . i saw a Jewish conspiracy over chess but a "racist debate" over chess is just too crazy for a normal person

but a "racist debate" over chess is just too crazy for a normal person
Lib journalists at media like ABC are not normal people

they are members of a liberal sect of elites encased in their ivory tower

Chaturanga' is the earliest precursor to what we now know as 'Chess'. While it is referenced that they are related, they are not the same game ( by a long stretch), for a start Chaturanga uses only 10 pieces.

As for any claim to India inventing Chaturanga, the earliest documentation can date Chaturanga back to circa 640 A.D, the origin of it is said to be "uncertain"

It is interesting to note that "Fa Xian, a Chinese Buddhist who wrote extensively about his long sojourn in India at the beginning of the 5th century, does not mention the game (Chaturanga), an indication, perhaps, that it was not known then.

Chess, as we now know it , began to take shape circa 1475 where Chaturanga pieces where replaced with their modern counter parts and new laws where introduced.

All of this is gleaned from the 1996 "The Oxford Companion to Chess" so you can believe it or believe not.

FIDE's own president Kirsan Ilyumzhinov believes chess came from Outer Space (google it if you don't believe it) and the BBC's Doctor Who have referenced Chess has been invented by the Time Lords of Galifrey.

You do realize that Kemet was around long before 640AD right? Do you see what is in this painting?

history-lists-11-things-you-may-not-know-about-ancient-egypt-board-games_ih019941_corbis-2.jpg
Well, other than it being Nefertiti playing a game called senet? A game that was around for thousands of years before anything like chess.

Ignorant racist asshole.
You poor silly ignorant bastard. Senet was the precursor to chess. Thanks for setting yourself up. :lol:

"The game Senet is very similar to the current game of chess. It was composed of 30 squares in three rows, and each row had 10 squares. Pawns would move in those squares, but it is not yet known how exactly the game worked.

In the era of the New Kingdom (1550-1077 BC), the game Senet was associated with the journey of the dead to the hereafter. It was a talisman that was engraved or carved into the ancient graves and on the walls and placed it next to the deceased in order to help him cross into the hereafter. This is in addition to that it also mentioned in the Book of the Dead, which is one of the oldest religious books known in the ancient world.

Thus, consider the ancient Egyptians who played Senet as the first to know chess, a natural development from the Senet game!

"
Oh, sure... Africans created chess. They also created 40oz. and crack. You are an imbecile. What an ignorant piece of shit you are.

Pianos and pianists are racists too!!!

The piano keys!!!!!!!!

Look the teenie weenie BLACK keys!!!!!!

Next to the more numerous WHITE keys!!!!!!!!

Ignorant racist asshole.

"
Wow, Asspieces. You are truly special. Here, I mounted a video that showed the rules of Senet, how Senet was played, and how it is not in any way related to any concept of Chess other than squares on a board.

I see how you didn't watch that video about the game. There are NO HISTORIANS that associate Senet that you called Kemet, to the concepts of Chess. For one thing in Senet they tossed sticks which are considered to be where dice evolved from. There is no stick tossing or dice rolling in Chess.....

Senet is probably the most ancient known BOARD GAME, so essentially every BOARD GAME can be said can be traced back to Senet. The only relation is they are played on a BOARD. Other than that, there are no concepts of Senet in Chess. It is actually far more relatable to backgammon than chess.

You lose.

Your video doesnt mean anything. Its just more white boy fables.

Thus, consider the ancient Egyptians who played Senet as the first to know chess, a natural development from the Senet game!"

hqdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back